SLI, CrossFireX, and Windows 7 Rumours

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

SLI, CrossFireX, and Windows 7 Rumours

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I've been hearing stories about success with the iZ3D drivers in Windows 7 with CrossFireX. Can anyone confirm?

I'm also hearing rumors about SLI success with Windows Vista using the latest 180.XX series GeForce drivers. I think it is because NVIDIA implemented multi-monitor support similar to CrosFireX - but I cannot confirm this.

Anyone out there able to try this out?

Regards,
Neil
LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: SLI, CrossFireX, and Windows 7 Rumours

Post by LCountach »

I too have read these rumors on the iZ3D forums. I am very interested in the SLI functionality. That might actually help many games in the iZ3D PageFlipping mode to maintain the ridiculously high FPS needed to stay synced.
dukealicious
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dukealicious »

I can confirm sli support on vista 64 for the iz3d monitor. Its not my pc but I built it for my friend. His specs are : q6600/2x8800gts (g92)/4gb ram and nvidias latest beta drivers. Since sli support he has only been playing fallout 3 so i cant confirm any other game. if it helps he has not updated directx beyond what came with bioshock. so i dont think he has directx 10. I do not remember which motherboard but i wanna say the p5n-d from asus.
e6600@3.6, SLI 9800gtx, 4gb DDR2, sharp xr-10x, Windows 7, another eye 2000
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Bioshoc has DX10 since it uses UT3 engine.

If he has Vista he has DX10, if he has XP he has DX9... so simple ;)

@topic:
Great that it is working with SLI, but I'm no fan of it...
I personaly disike to spen twice th mone for 1/3 more performance...
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

There are two definitions of "Working with SLI"

Sure, it may display with SLI, but the real question is if it is taking advantage of SLI.

The way to test this is to download GPU-Z and open it up twice, one for each core, and monitor the graph while in-game, to make sure that it does, in fact, use both cores.
dukealicious
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dukealicious »

Ok i went back and checked. Although multi monitor is working in sli, there are no performance gains and nvidia's sli meter will not show up. So sli does not work... yet.
e6600@3.6, SLI 9800gtx, 4gb DDR2, sharp xr-10x, Windows 7, another eye 2000
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Check to make sure the latest GeForce/Forceware drivers are being used. I understand NVIDIA opened multimonitor support with these drivers, and that created this new compatibility that is rumored.

Regards,
Neil
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by lnrrgb »

I can confirm that CFX does work under Win7. Both cores are functioning - to what advantage would be speculation though. The OS is just not ready though. I could not get some game updates to function properly, nor were hardware drivers 100%, so I gave up mucking my way through it. But I did check my GPU cores, and saw both being utilized - whereas the same tests under XP showed one core at zero usage. Tested using (2) asus 4850's, on Aus P5Q-PRO. So, good news at least, but not enough to make the jump to WIN7.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”