What will work?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

What will work?

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Right, I've now got a 19" 120Hz CRT + Elsa Revalator. I have a GeForce 4 MX AGP on a XP Machine as well as a 9600GT on XP. Can the latter be used or is the MX the only option :(
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: What will work?

Post by Freke1 »

Nvidia's old 3D driver 91.31 or 162.50 works with XP.
Their new 3D driver 182.08 works with Vista.

Nvidia's old 3D driver works with the many different old brands of shutterglasses (Edim, Elsa, X-Force...).
Their new 3D driver works with the new shutter glasses.

So You can use the 9600GT if You buy Nvidia's glasses (199$) and install Win Vista + new 3D driver.
Or You can use a 7 series or older and XP + old 3D driver.

I haven't tried iZ3D's driver with shutterglasses. I believe there is a sync problem if the framerate (fps) get too low.
But it will probably work with Your 9600GT and XP.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

For now i'm going to set them up on the GeForce 4, I've yet to experience decent non-Cinema 3D, this should change today hopefully :D (I'll hold my breath, I hear the Elsa glasses are the worst)

Any recommendations on games that will run on the GeForce 4 MX that are decent in Stero? - So far i'm going to try UT2004.
Last edited by UndeadD3vi1 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Stero Separation at default (30%) was barely noticeable, once I whacked it up to 80% I started to understand what people mean by Holographic Box :D :woot :D

How do you guys deal with the ghosting? :cry:

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUOSRUBjIe4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I never notice it in videos, and in games I can live with it. Hope to buy a DLP TV which has no ghosting some day.
When there's 30 guys shooting after You, tanks passing by, jets bombing the ground the last thing You notice is a little ghosting. Also convergence is more important than separation in creating a 3D effect.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Thankes Freke1, I'll do the Ghost Test in the 3D Viewer in a min, I wouldn't describe it as a little ghosting, for example on a space map a moon turned into two moons.

I tried altering the convergence but it didn't seem to do anything. (UT2004 so not post processing related) I am using latest Old-3D Driver with its matching Forceware version.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”