iz3d driver licenses

vrekks
Cross Eyed!

iz3d driver licenses

Post by vrekks »

i currently own a z800 and am putting together a passive polorized projection setup. if i purchase an iz3d monitor what drivers come with the monitor? can they be used to drive either the z800 or dual projectors? if they cannot be used to drive dual projector or z800 would i have to purchase 2 seperate drivers or does the same driver work for z800 and dual projector? thank you.
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: iz3d driver licenses

Post by cybereality »

The iz3d driver is free for iz3d monitor owners and also anaglpyh. For other modes you must pay on a per-mode basis (which I personally think is rather annoying) however there is a 30-day free trial mode so you can at least make sure it works for you.
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Post by vrekks »

yea i get that..1. what license does the z800 use? 2. what license would a polarized dual projector setup use (i would assume dual output)?

3D DLP(Checkerboard) Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99

Dual Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99

Interlaced Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99
Shutter Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99
Stereo Mirror Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99
VR920 Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I suspect shutter mode. But try before your buy!

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

A polarized dual projector rig uses dual output. Planar rigs use stereomirror option, you can mirror one image both horisontal or vertical. The rest are quite obvious. 3D-dlp-checkerboard is a slight different form of interlaced.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Dual Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99

Interlaced Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99
Shutter Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99
Stereo Mirror Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99
VR920 Output - iZ3D Driver License
$49.99

Wow.... it is not cheap, it is only for one output (I need two), you can´t use two computers, and if you change the hardaware you need other license. Too many cautions. And the Nvidia glasses are in the market. I have some interest in this driver, but not at this prize.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LCountach »

It is true you can't swab back and forth to use two computers (Nvidia Can). However if you change hardware you can reactivate and get a free new code for your hardware. This scheme iZ3D has chosen is a great shame really. I believe if you have their monitor you can reconnect it to another PC no problem. This applies to their monitor only! I have shutter glasses & CRT which currently costs $100 to license usable functionality. iZ3D's shutter mode doesn't currently work very well. Most glasses users have to fall back on ugly interlaced in most cases to play games. If said users buy $50 interlaced to actually play games now and shutter mode is fixed they have to shell out another $50. If they buy shutter mode and its never fixed they are again out $50. If they later upgrade to a nice new 3D HDTV its another $50. If they want to use their HTPC with their HDTV and have a separate game PC that's $50 + $50. This $50 + $50 + $50 crap it think will really hurt iZ3D license sales. I am very angry with Nvidia for the back stabbing. iZ3D has a good driver. Unfortunately I know if I had Vista or Win7, I sure would not buy an iZ3D license simply because of this scheme. At least Nvidia lets you use the full functionality of their driver when you buy their glasses. Additionaly you can move from PC to PC by simply moving the USB dongle. iZ3D can't say the same about their Hardware + licence. SHAME!
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

There are people with not cheap hardware that Nvidia driver do not support.

I have two 17" monitor with a mirror that I have been using some months with good results with the iz3d beta drivers, but I will not buy the driver. Iz3d is doing a good job, but it is not the prize and it is not the way. If I pay a few licenses I can buy the nvidia glasses + nvidia driver without any restriction, and seem that Nvidia is working hard and good with the drivers now.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Personally i only need one extra output (dual projector rig). It's one time fee and further stereodrivers from iz3d are also licensed. For me it's surely worth it!
For a few months ago i had the mishap to fry my dvd-burner (which rendered my licensed output useless). However: One pm to Welder and it was taken care of in 10 minutes weekendtime! I was highly impressed! :D
It's a little special licensesystem but it works and i'm so far a very happy customer. :)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Also, the license can be removed from the computer at any time to be re-activated on another computer. This is also for upgrading a PC. Just remove the license, do the upgrade, and re-enable it. Or if you forget to do this, an email to me can get the issue solved.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I would agree if at least would be able to remove license from a computer, and reactivated on another computer with the possibility to change the output mode as many times as needed. It would garant the use of only one person with this license (I suppose it is the reason), without the restriction of only use one output.

Of course the autors can make the rules always, but if I must pay separatelly for the driver support of any game I would want to play... surelly some people would do, but I will not (and I love some games).

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”