Looking for first glasses/ Have 3D ready TV and good PC -

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
deezdrama
One Eyed Hopeful

Looking for first glasses/ Have 3D ready TV and good PC -

Post by deezdrama »

Well Ive decided to give 3D shutter glasses a try - Ive known about them for years but feel the technology has been updated enough to give it a shot.

Ive spent about 6 hours now researching as much as I can into stereo 3D - but still am a bit confused, for now though I need to just focus on what shutter glasses to buy...

I have a newer Samsung HD DLP tv that was bought new last year and 3D ready
I have a custom PC I built that has been hooked to my TV before just not with 3D,
Its a quad core, 4gb mem, 9800GT video with dual outputs and I have 2 DVI to HDMI adaptors

So now my first step is to choose which shutterglasses to buy, Ive read good things about the samsung shutter glasses but cannot find where to buy them also looking at the new geforce 3d vision glasses but they only list mitsubishi dlp tv's as being compatable??? My samsung is 3d ready so they should work with the geforce glasses right? Any other (better or cheaper) glasses I should consider?
, any info,opinions,and suggesstions are greatly appreciated- thanks in advance!!!
deezdrama
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Looking for first glasses/ Have 3D ready TV and good PC -

Post by deezdrama »

well from my own further research I think I will go with the nvidia 3d glasses since ive read about ghoasting problems with the samsung glasses- Also like the sleeker looks of the nvidias and that they have rechargeable batteries built in , Also the nvidia drivers i think will work out better,

Is there anyway to buy the samsung glasses and use the nvidia software drivers?

Anyway im in the process of "aquiring" Windows Vista ultimate x64

Have to get my system running good with the new OS before I even think about ordering the glasses
uugghh- this should be fun

Kinda mad the nvidia 3d surround glasses arent compatable with XP pro
but
32bit Xp can only utilize 3gb of ram so if i upgrade to 64 bit vista I will then get to finally use all 4 gigs of memory....

Should take me a day or so to get my system upgraded to the new OS
so any other suggesstions for me to consider are welcomed
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Hey, welcome to the forum.

I haven't used the nvidia 3d vision glasses, but many other users seem to be happy with them. From what I understand they are top quality shutter glasses, you should be happy. Hope everything goes smooth for you upgrading to Vista. I know I was happy with the switch. Stick around, its fun here.
deezdrama
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by deezdrama »

thanks for the welcome

Kinda sucks- Im getting the nvidia glasses to play the games I have on my PC- but after reformat to vista- I wont have the games and have to aquire them again =(

Anyway does anyone know If I have to run 2 video signals to my dlp tv (2 hdmi) or if I just run one hdmi?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

deezdrama wrote:Kinda sucks- Im getting the nvidia glasses to play the games I have on my PC- but after reformat to vista- I wont have the games and have to aquire them again =(

Anyway does anyone know If I have to run 2 video signals to my dlp tv (2 hdmi) or if I just run one hdmi?
Thats the best part about buying games on Steam. When you get a new computer or OS and install Steam all your games are right there (you just have to download them again for free). Very cool.

I believe you just run the one cable with the nvidia 3d vision glasses.
deezdrama
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by deezdrama »

Got a windows vista ultimate 64 bit disk and ready to reformat my pc, when all is well with that I will order the nvidia 3d vision glasses.

Kind of a bummer you cant order extra glasses without paying for the emitter too.

Will this technology ever work with consoles? would love to play my xbox360 with this-

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”