the best GPUs for performance

genetic
Cross Eyed!

the best GPUs for performance

Post by genetic »

Hello, this question is mainly for BlackQ or any IZ3D member that may be able to help.

I have an eMagin Z800 HMD and I have decided to upgrade soon with the best solution available to me:

IZ3D pageflipped drivers and an extremely or dare I say ridiculously overpowered computer so that I may hope to maintain 60 fps or greater in modern games. (the Z800 runs at 60 HZ so with the IZ3D drivers, if the fps drops below 60, I loose 3D then have to hit a hotkey to fix it when the fps is high again)

So,

Can you please recommend the best GPU (single or SLi/crossfire) specifically for high performance in 3D with the IZ3D driver?

Also, any other components, such as CPU that just work better for your driver than others?

I have a very good understanding and familiarity with PCs and I already know what I would buy if S-3D wasn’t a concern of mine but I would be grateful for tips regarding building a machine around and specifically for the IZ3D driver.

Thank you.

P.S. I would be extremely grateful for greater Z800 specific support in the driver like there is for the VR920. I wish that the TD visor did come out but because it didn’t, there really is no consumer level HMD of higher quality than the Z800 right now.
dreamingawake
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: the best GPUs for performance

Post by dreamingawake »

at the moment the best is gtx 280 and gtx 285

iz3d does not support sli configurations at the moment.

as soon as they do though, im buying another 280 !!
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: the best GPUs for performance

Post by RAGEdemon »

GT300 is just round the corner.

Smaller chip + rumoured 384 pipes and dx11 support.

And best of all, single GPU.

Personally, I'm waiting for that.

Till then, my GTX takes most games maxed with iZ3D native rez with 50fps+
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”