Speculation on Announcement

peter64
One Eyed Hopeful

Speculation on Announcement

Post by peter64 »

Hey Guys,

So whats this announcement.

I'm personally guessing reading between the lines of the forum posts and all these funky oblivion screen grabs with HDR etc on that Mr Niel has some different stereo drivers on his hands. However I don't think its just another beta release in the pipes. I'de guess one of two things has happened.

Either Niel is going to start retailing at consumer level the more3D stereoscopic driver which supports 8800 GTX or perhaps he has a team of his own working with him on a different stereo driver. I suspect these more actively managed community stereo drivers will be released at the expo in the coming 5 days.

What do you guys speculate is in the pipes?
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I'm seeing forward to the release of the news at the expo. I read somewhere it was something bigger than SLI drivers for s-3d. It might be an all in one driver with ATI, SLI, Crossfire and DX10 Support :wink:

All possible games should work without anomaly's and so on...

Maybe it decreases the performance loss...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
peter64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by peter64 »

Good guess Luke could be....
I'm guessing it's not a new hardware device as that would undermine MTBS's relationship with IZ3D... but you never know.... lets here what other people are thinking. See if we can get some hype going as I think Niel was expecting a little more prerelease hype! :)
leftler
One Eyed Hopeful

VRD

Post by leftler »

I thing the big thing that is going to change 3D is a consumer grade VRD. if something like that came out it would rock the 3D world.
peter64 wrote:...I'm guessing it's not a new hardware device as that would undermine MTBS's relationship with IZ3D...
Maybe IZ3D is distributing it for macrovision?
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I thought everyone knew. I guess not...

On the day, Neil will be launching something called a "Death Star" - a massive planet like structure with "1.21 Jiggawatts" of power, with which Darth Neil will be able to hold the world to ransom till someone makes proper stereo drivers.
Neil, may the farce be with you :D

Seriously though, I too am very curious to see what it will be too... I'm sure we all are.
It's fun to speculate, but saying that, I feel we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves... I mean... the ideas proposed sound amazing,... if Neil announces something different then people will be dissapointed, no matter how big the achievement is or how much work had gone into it.

As Einstein said in Red Alert after going back in time and killing hitler before he gained power:

"Only time will tell... sooner or later... time will tell"
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Not a Death Star - But You're Close!

Post by Neil »

I think you will all be very excited by the announcement and what it means for the industry.

You know me - I like BIG announcements! I don't fly overseas for nothing! :wink:

Try to get some more threads going in the advocacy sections. Again, once the announcement is made at Dimension-3, a follow-up will be made at MTBS, and you are going to want all the advantages you can get.

Regards,
Neil 8)
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

If by "advantages" you mean "favours of a special kind", then sure neil, I'll start a few threads for you :wink:
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Neil

Post by Neil »

Please, please....I'm a married man! :o

You are going to get me in trouble! :roll:

Regards,
Neil
peter64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by peter64 »

Ok!! It's after 5pm on June 7th in france! What's the news! :) None of the websites have it yet...
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Just four days away from the major, major announcement
Isn?t today the day after which nothing will be same as before?
:D

Just joking a bit. Hope we hear form you soon Neil!
I hold my breath for the upcoming news.

For me the best possible major anouncement would be, an unified driver for all operating systems, for all cards, for all games without any post-processing problems packed together with a nice 1600x1200 head-mounted system for free send to my address :P
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

It's past 22:30 in Paris..
I'd hoped for some news by now..

Surely they have some sort of internet access up there? :P

Sorry, just a bit inpatient I guess..
IN65498
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by IN65498 »

No news yet?

I still think it's about StereoSLI: an universal stereo driver, or to put it more precisely, a wrapper, able to create 2 signals for 2 cards, where the advantage is that you can also use ATI Crossfire, and this new stereodriver is nearly always up to date, with great compatibility and no need to disable some special effects.

At least, I think it's about some sort of general driver. It makes sense, while I don't see how mtbs could be about something in the hardware field.

One good thing to add to a driver is some easy-to-go setup, where you can tweak things if you want, but you needn't because every game has its optimal, stable, easy-viewing config, with internet updates. You just set your screen width.
That would encourage a lot more people to try stereovision.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I predict that Neil is going to announce a new driver by iZ3d for their monitors which supports all D3D games WITH post processing, With ATi support, and even 8800 support.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Well What do you know... I was RIGHT!!! :D

:wink:
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

That is one big announcement indeed.
All new computers have multicore CPU and Vista and LCD's.
Most new 3D gamecomputers have 8800's graphics cards.
Most new games have post processing effects.
And ATI cards works too. And the crosshair.
And unless You want to check Your email on a projectorscreen,
the iZ3D is a logically choise (still unknown if the DLP monitors work and what they cost).
This is really great. Not only have iZ3D made LCD's that work in 3D, but they also made a driver that outdo Nvidia's. Nice going and thx Neil.
The future has just begun...
Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Hehehehehe... Muh hahahaha!!!

Post by Lucky »

I know! I know!!!

It may not be the same thing as Neil is hinting about, but I do know of a *certain company's* product that will be available very shortly! Some tid bits for you:
  • - It is aimed at GAMERS
    - It will be FREE!
Here is a snip of an email from one of the programmers working on the project:
I've finished the release version for gamers, just waiting for the other bloke to do the control panel software then we can release it.
Enjoy! :D
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Sounds great :D
For what things do you need a controll pannel - in games?

-For stereo Drivers like the Hook Dragon created
-For special Devices like Headtreakers

and for Free is always worth a try :wink:
ayqz1u0s

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Is it the same i know about? Didn't know they were about to release it for free though. Looking forward to it anyway. :D

Cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
sharky

Post by sharky »

hey guys this all sounds very good, whatever it is!

if you have contact to these eprsons, tell them to contact neil! could be good for both! tell him to check our site! we give a sort of free user to user support about nearly everything.. :)

keep us up to date.. :D
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol. Actually i was only googling around when finding this. A forum for programmers and i found Lucky's name in it. Don't know if it's the same person though.

Read if you like and leave comments. This might be another thing that Lucky speaks off cause this doesn't seems to be THAT promising.

Thread here: http://www.quakesrc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7706

Cheers
sharky

Post by sharky »

well, it seems to me that it is not a GOOD solution to our problems.. only opengl and expensive?!

if i have to spend money than i buy a nvidia graphics card or a iz3d monitor.. have much more quality, much more fun, much more compatibility simply much more everything...

:)

bye

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Well, as i said: It doesn't look THAT promising. However this might not be what Lucky talks about either. Actually i'm thinking of getting one of those nice iz3d when i'm able to myself. Already have a big screen but it feels quite unnecessary to fire up the whole projector rig just to burn a cd... :lol:
sharky

Post by sharky »

hehe... and it is not good for the lamp to turn it on and let it burn less then 30 mins.. :)

Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lucky »

Likay wrote:Lol. Actually i was only googling around when finding this. A forum for programmers and i found Lucky's name in it. Don't know if it's the same person though.

Read if you like and leave comments. This might be another thing that Lucky speaks off cause this doesn't seems to be THAT promising.

Thread here: http://www.quakesrc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7706

Cheers
LOL - Busted! Yes, that is what I was referring to. It was fun while it lasted. :D
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol! Busted ya!. hehe. However i must agree with Sharky. The compability is probably on a very low level so far. The developer might not even try to increase the performance of their driver to suits newer games better. It might be a lot up to Mr Dukey how much of his spare time he will put in it. The problem is also testing of games... Nvidia has far more resources for that. But as i said in the thread: Every contribution counts. Lets see what happens. :)

Cheers
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

If we get this (openGL)? Stereo Driver we could test everything and try to make suggestions on improvements in terms of compabillity.

BUT it will be only the anaglyph version, right? That wouldn't be a great improvement for Dualprojector/pageflipping people...

Lets hope Nvidia is going to develop a new (free) driver in future :roll:
ayqz1u0s

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Here's what I am reading from this thread:
2 ppl are making the 3D driver at Nvidia. 1 is doing the coding, 1 is doing the graphics. Or am I getting this wrong?
sharky

Post by sharky »

its good that you read that, but my question is "where do you read that?"... i didn`t see something like that...

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

From here:
Lucky wrote:
I've finished the release version for gamers, just waiting for the other bloke to do the control panel software then we can release it.
sharky

Post by sharky »

thats ok, but the Nvidia thing...

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Freke1 wrote:Here's what I am reading from this thread:
2 ppl are making the 3D driver at Nvidia. 1 is doing the coding, 1 is doing the graphics. Or am I getting this wrong?
You might be. This guy makes ogl drivers for the softwarecompany he works for. They have the structure of one guy writing the driver and one other doing the gui. A third source seems to have something to do with D3D so he let ashine that might be implemented too. This thread has nothing to do with Nvidia though. However: So far Nvidia are kings regarding stereodrivers (maybe soon or already outsmarted by the iz3d team)... Too bad the last official Nvidiarelease is over a year old... But as said: Let's see what happens. I made a few requests in the thread but i also have the feeling that Mr Dukey is checking for interest. If noone have an interest in this then the subject probably will be dead from this range. If you feel like it, drop a line.

Cheers.
Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lucky »

Yes, perhaps I should have started my own thread instead of hijacking this one for the amusement of leading you all on. LOL - Sorry, sometimes I can be a jackass. :)

The post I made about the FREE product for GAMERS has nothing to do with NVIDIA.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I wasn't too bothered by it. Keep me in the loop though - makes me look bad. :wink:

Neil
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

hehe I got it wrong. Great that ppl work on 3D drivers outside Nvidia.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”