Newbie with misc. equipment needing direction

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
comptech
One Eyed Hopeful

Newbie with misc. equipment needing direction

Post by comptech »

New to the forum and trying to read up on all the latest 3D technologies. I recently purchased a samsung 50" 720p plasma (pna450 ??) that has the 3D connection. I am involved with computer repair and also have misc. equipment that I would like to experiment with if its usable. I have a Nvidia 7700gt currently in a XP Pro Intel dual core box if that will get me started. I am not currently a gamer and would be more interested in movie options initially. I believe I may even have a very old pair of 3D "revalator" glasses NIB at my shop if they can be used for anything? I also have a good working older BenQ (7210/7220?) DLP projector in my house and a few surplussed phillips/sony/mitsubishi projectors that need replacment bulbs. I would love to get some guidence and direction from people on this forum in using any of my existing equipment as well as suggestions for future purchases to expand my 3D potential. Does a couple pairs of shutterglasses and an IR emitter sound like my first purchases? Thank you!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Newbie with misc. equipment needing direction

Post by cybereality »

You should be able to use generic shutterglasses like the revelators with that tv. An XP rig with the series 7 nvidia card is perfect to get you started. Getting 3d on projectors is more of an issue but you may luck out. Just don't get your hopes up. Other than that you should stick around and read a bunch on the forum. Many people here have similar setups and you can see what worked for them.
comptech
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Newbie with misc. equipment needing direction

Post by comptech »

Thanks for the reply. I did find the old ELSA revelator glasses I thouhgt I still had. They are wireless and the emiiter has the same 3 pin connector as on my samsung. Does that mean I can plug them in and use the glasses to try things out. Is there any diffence beretween these old glasses and new ones? Thanks Again!

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”