Burnout Paradise

Menthalion
One Eyed Hopeful

Burnout Paradise

Post by Menthalion »

Burnout Paradise in IZ3D needs a very small separation, which can be hard to set with the slider in the profile editor of the IZ3D driver. By manually editing my profile file I could get some very satisfying results.

If you know how to edit the IZ3D profile or generic XML files, open the file \Users\<Your Username>\Appdata\Roaming\IZ3D Driver\UserProfile.xml, and replace the Burnout Paradise setting with the settings underneath here. Be careful not to do this while you have the game running.

Code: Select all

<Profile Name="BurnoutParadise">
        <File Name="BurnoutParadise.exe" />
        <Presets>
            <SwapEyes Value="0" />
            <ShowWizard Value="0" />
            <LaserSightEnable Value="0" />
            <Preset Index="0">
                <One_div_ZPS Value="1.003644" />
                <StereoBase Value="0.799933" />
                <AutoFocusEnable Value="0" />
            </Preset>
            <Preset Index="1">
                <One_div_ZPS Value="0.500000" />
                <StereoBase Value="0.160000" />
            </Preset>
            <Preset Index="2">
                <One_div_ZPS Value="0.500000" />
                <StereoBase Value="0.160000" />
            </Preset>
        </Presets>
        <ForceVSyncOff Value="0" />
        <ShowFPS Value="0" />
        <ShowOSD Value="1" />
        <SeparationMode Value="0" />
        <SeparationScale Value="0.01" />
        <FrustumAdjustMode Value="0" />
        <BlackAreaWidth Value="0.02" />
        <DontLockMouse Value="0" />
        <DeviceMode Value="3" />
        <SearchFrameSizeX Value="512" />
        <SearchFrameSizeY Value="64" />
        <ShiftSpeed Value="1" />
        <FrameYCoordinate Value="0.49" />
        <Keys>
            <ToggleStereo Key="106" />
            <ZPSIncrease Key="363" />
            <ZPSDecrease Key="365" />
            <StereoBaseIncrease Key="107" />
            <StereoBaseDecrease Key="109" />
            <SetPreset1 Key="103" />
            <SetPreset2 Key="104" />
            <SetPreset3 Key="105" />
            <ToggleAutoFocus Key="111" />
            <ToggleLaserSight Key="623" />
        </Keys>
    </Profile>
Effectively, this will set the Separation Scale to 0.01, which will give the scale comparable to most other games. I set the convergence plane to the car model in external view, but other cams (including the crash cam view) also work well.

The seperation is set at 100, but with this scale the steps to adjust both seperation and convergence are just as precise as the default scale in "normal" games.

AA improves the 3d quite a bit, and the only thing that doesn't work well in this game is dynamic shadows. They behave pretty erratic, sometimes just looking like the shadow distance is shortened every few seconds, other times flashing completely different shadows every few seconds.

I don't know if this game is vsync locked (since it can't be set and is an xbox port it probably is) in which case you can enable "motion blur" in the video effect settings which will blend in extra inbetween frames if your hardware can handle it, making the game feel a lot smoother.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Re: Burnout Paradise

Post by artox »

I personally couldn't get a normal stereo effect using 100% separation at any level of convergence.
Sadly less separation is needed, but the convergence moves at great steps and does not allow for any descent effect. Other than that the focus point keeps changing while in burnout mode and totally screws up the stereo for me.
Too bad I can't run Flatout Ultimate Carnage at a descent framerate in stereo (I think the driver is to blame here, because regardless of the resolution the game runs terrible in s-3d). Flatout for me remains the top collision -oriented arcade style racing game for pc. Burnout paradise sucks in comparison to burnout revenge (and prior burnout games in the series)for the ps2.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”