Flickering in WoW after upgrading video card

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
logan0171
One Eyed Hopeful

Flickering in WoW after upgrading video card

Post by logan0171 »

I recently upgraded from a 8800gtx to a gtx260. After the upgrade I noticed flickering in the right eye only in WoW. The Nvidia stereoscopic test application and Left 4 Dead are running fine. Messing around with the ground clutter settings on WoW seems to help but does not get rid of the problem. I upgraded to the latest 1.04 stereo drivers CD with no luck. The new drivers do seem to cause probelms with the map view in game. Before the game map was a 2d image. The left and right images were the same. Now they are offset creating a 3d view however the convergence is way off creating two dots representing your current location. If I adjust convergence (using function keys to adjust driver) to get one dot then the game screen is off. In particular the mini map in the top right. I have removed / rebooted / reinstalled drivers, reset WoW and reapplied patches all without any success. Current configuration is WoW 3.0.8 (latest patch) with Nvidia stereo drivers and video drivers from the 1.04 cd. I have posted this on the Nvidia forums. One other user has reported having the same problem with a gtx280. I had no problems with the 8800gtx. I was wondering if anyone has come accross this and perhaps has a solution to the problem.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”