Problem with iZ3D Driver

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Shaito
One Eyed Hopeful

Problem with iZ3D Driver

Post by Shaito »

Hi everybody,

i haven't used S3d since Elsa didn't do any new drivers for the Revelator. I saw in this forum, that these Glasses can still be used, so I decided to give it a shot. After some connecting problems (http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2789 ) i tried the NVidia drivers. But most games didn't work proper. So I decided to check the iZ3D drivers.

After the installation i got a error message, complaining that there is no iZ3D monitor installed. But the installation still succeeded.
So i wanted to test it.

Static test: same error message as after installation

Dynamic test:
Stereo Output settings:_________Picture is stereo on monitor:_________Glasses are synced/ 3d working:
Shutter simple_________________yes______________________________no
Shutter blue line coded__________yes______________________________no
S3DShutter marked_____________yes______________________________no
S3DShutter simple______________no ("can't load output dll" - error)_____no

My setup:

LG Flatron 915FT PLus (19 inch CRT with 107 kHz - 120 Hz in 1024x768 for Stereo)
8800GTS 640MB Superclocked
Intel Q6600 2,6 GHz @ 3 GHz
2 GB DDR2-800
ELSA 3D Revelator wired

I testet iZ3d driver ver 1.09 and 1.10, both with the same results.

I hope somebody can help me.

Greets Shaito

@mods: I wasn't shure in witch category I should put this post. So, please move it if its wrong.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Problem with iZ3D Driver

Post by BlackQ »

what operational system do you have?

there are few threads for shutter glasses on iZ3D forum where some of our user share their experience with ED glasses - did you have a chance to check them?
Shaito
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shaito »

Forgot to say that. True! So far it was XP but after trying out different drivers for s3d, i got the feeling i messed up my installation. I am downloading Vista atm from MSDN and will try the same there.
Shaito
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shaito »

Vista didn't want to install, so I decided to give Windows 7 a try. Installed the iZ3D drivers on the clean new install and had the same problems as in XP. Accordingly to iZ3D forums, I am not the only one who can't sync their shutter glasses over DDC.
Pity, as i plan to buy a new Monitor quite soon and the this would be a convenient way to test the iZ3D drivers.

cu

Shaito
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Test with anaglyph (red/blue) to start. iZ3D's shutter support isn't quite there yet.

Another method is to go with an interlaced/shutter method. Search around, there are threads describing how to do this with the iZ3D driver and shutter glasses.

Regards,
Neil
Shaito
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shaito »

i tried with interlaced/shutter already, no luck :(
But anaglyph is actually a good idea! Would work with my beamer as well ;)
And the Glasses aren't expensive! I am definitely not willing to spend $ 200 dollars on another pair of shutter glasses.

Shell I get classic red/green, or are there better alternatives ?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Shaito wrote:
Shell I get classic red/green, or are there better alternatives ?
red/blue
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”