1.09 Driver (stereo mirror), No AntiAliasing Support???

TheLostBrain
Cross Eyed!

1.09 Driver (stereo mirror), No AntiAliasing Support???

Post by TheLostBrain »

What's up guys.

I'm running the IZ3D driver 1.09 (licensed for stereo mirror) and all works great except no matter what I do I can never get AntiAliasing when I have stereo enabled.

If I right-click the IZ3D systray icon and choose "disable stereo" and then launch a game AntiAliasing is just fine.
Turn it back on and go back into the same game...no anti aliasing?

I've even tried forcing anti-aliasing via nvidia driver overrides and via rivatuner, etc... but Nada.

Is this a bug or a known limitation? (I can't seem to find anything indicating as being a known issue)

Here are my system specs:

Nvidia Geforce 8800GT
QuadCore
8GB Ram
Vista X64

I posted this to IZ3D support last night but yet to receive a response.
Any thoughts, comments?

Thanks.
My Current VR Setup
- N-Vision Datavisor 80 HMD (1280x1024, 80 FOV at 100% Overlap)
- Ascension Technology Flock of Birds 6DOF Magnetic Tracking + Extended Range Transmitter
- Prototype HMD (~100 FOV) - Specs and design to be shared after patent issued.
- IZ3D for non stereo-ready apps
- GlovePie for TrackIR emulation for apps without native Ascension Tech FOB Support
http://www.thelostbrain.com/?tag=/head+mounted+display" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Re: 1.09 Driver (stereo mirror), No AntiAliasing Support???

Post by KindDragon »

NVidia driver override sometimes incompatible with us, try change game settings.
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Is that a real HMD in your avatar?!? :P

Regards,
Neil
TheLostBrain
Cross Eyed!

Post by TheLostBrain »

Neil wrote:Is that a real HMD in your avatar?!? :P

Regards,
Neil

It is Neil. That would be an N-Vision Datavisor 80.
One of my hobbies is collecting older highend VR equipment (usually junked) and rebuilding it.
This is one of my rebuilds. ;)

If you're interested here are the specs for this unit:
Resolution: 1280x1024
FOV: 80 Deg FOV at 100% overlap (Also does 120 Deg FOV at 50% overlap)

I've done a couple couple other ones as well. I should post em at some point. ;)
My Current VR Setup
- Ascension Technology Flock of Birds 6DOF Magnetic Tracking + Extended Range Transmitter
- GlovePie for TrackIR emulation for apps without native Ascension Tech FOB Support
http://www.thelostbrain.com/?tag=/head+mounted+display" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheLostBrain
Cross Eyed!

Post by TheLostBrain »

KindDragon wrote:NVidia driver override sometimes incompatible with us, try change game settings.
So, as far as you're aware there should be no issues, eh?
That sounds pretty credible as I see you're on the IZ3D development team.

I'll play around w/ it some more, but I only tried the override AFTER I noticed the issue with the anti aliasing.
I'll try the anaglyph mode as well and see if it's also effected by this issue.

If you think of anything else in the mean time please let me know.

Thanks.
My Current VR Setup
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

TheLostBrain wrote:If you're interested here are the specs for this unit:
Resolution: 1280x1024
FOV: 80 Deg FOV at 100% overlap (Also does 120 Deg FOV at 50% overlap)
aaaargh... want it :)

Junked highend VR equipment? I thought it could only happen on futuristic manga and anime.

Yes, please, make a post with what you have.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Which games you try?
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

I have the same problem, no AA whatsoever while in stereo mode. If I disable stereo AA works just fine.
I'm using Vista Ultimate x64, Catalyst 8.12 for my 4850 and 1.09 final driver.
I tried ingame settings and the catalyst ones - no luck. I also tried disabling catalyst AI but still no change. Stereo modes I tried were anaglyph, interlaced and shutter.
And here are the games I tried:

Portal (latest update)
Half-Life 2: Ep 1&2 (latest update)
Overlord: Raising Hell (v.1.4)
Fallout 3 (v1.0.0.15)
Project Torque (latest update)
Battlefield 2 (v1.41)

The only app that worked with AA was rtHDRibl 1.2, but I think it uses its own AA algorithms. So I guess it's a major problem and I hope it will get fixed for the next iz3d and/or Catalyst driver release.
Happy Holidays!
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yes! This is a limitation of the iZ3D drivers with ATI GPUs. They purposely turn AA off with ATI cards in 3D mode to resolve a compatibility problem. However, they are working on solving this issue. Time will tell.

Regards,
Neil
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

Thank you Neil. I searched for information on the issue before posting but couldn't find any here or in iz3d forum. But this obviously has been discussed before, so I'm sorry for posting again on this. Do you know if this is Vista only problem or 64-bit OS problem... or 32-bit XP is also affected?
I hope the team will find a cure for this nasty problem soon, it's a shame not to turn anti-aliasing on when it has small impact on the performance with latest ATI(AMD) hardware.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Zerofoot,

It is not OS specific. It took me a long time to notice it was gone until further investigation. Once you have S-3D images, I find AA is less important - especially at higher resolutions.

However, I know iZ3D would like to see this fixed. I'll leave it to them to comment on when they are ready.

Regards,
Neil
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

I couldn't agree more. I play at 1360x1024 on my 22" CRT in anaglyph mode and it hardly bothers me, but the trouble is at lower resolutions which are required for realtime video capture (that's what I'm into right now :)) and that's why I brought up the subject. But as you said - only time will tell.

Best regards
TheLostBrain
Cross Eyed!

Post by TheLostBrain »

A quick update on this...

My current configuration consists of an NVIDIA Geforce 8800GT and Vista Ultimate (64bit).

In my testing I've found that all applications that have properly functioning AA support have that same AA support disabled when the IZ3D driver is enabled.
I've tested this with the following game titles: PainKiller, Battlefield 2, Flatout, Aces High II, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, and DiRT - They all experience the same exact behavior.

I've still yet to install XP/Vista 32-bit to see if there's any difference in behavior but hopefully I can get to this in the next week or two (currently in the process of packing and moving).

In the meantime would anyone else here on the board running Vista 64-bit please confirm that they are successfully able to preserve AA support while using the iZ3D driver?

Thanks
-TLB
My Current VR Setup
Neil

Post by Neil »

If you haven't already, try uninstalling and re-installing the iZ3D drivers.

I'm guessing that it has maintained remnants of the AMD GPU detection.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”