Video cards, 10 years history

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Sir C
One Eyed Hopeful

Video cards, 10 years history

Post by Sir C »

Nice article

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/vi ... =3&id=2639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm still remember the good old times with my asus geforce 2 gts, that came with the bulky vr100 shutterglasses. (I'm still have attached it to my ED dongle).
THAT WAS THE BEGINING OF MY 3D JOURNEY! :D
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Video cards, 10 years history

Post by cirk2 »

The real milestone moment in 3D gaming would be the introduction of DirectX 8.0. This revision implemented Programmable Shading, which allowed for custom transform and lighting and more effects at the pixel-level, thereby increasing the flexibility and graphics quality churned out.
when I think that he is speaking about games like cs1.6...

we had come far in the last 10 years, but we will come even farer in the next ten years. Some sietist had sayed that the computing power dubles each 5 years. so in ten years you have 4time the power of an gtx 950.

When I know look at current games: Crysis is realism pure (If you tweak the .ini right) and with an gtx950 you can display it fluet. How will games look in 10 years? Or will we have stopped trying to display it on flat (Stereoscopic-)Screens and tranfare it directly in the mind? (Matix will come)

I think the next 10 Years will show it ;)

Return to “General Discussion”