8800 GTX & ATI working with DualCore CPU here!! :-) it w

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
usbnet
One Eyed Hopeful

8800 GTX & ATI working with DualCore CPU here!! :-) it w

Post by usbnet »

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Now you really caught my interest here! Checking out! :)

Tried a bit with the Kinddragons stereodriver:
If you get a message about "d3dx9_33.dll" you need newest directX. You can also download that dll-file separately and put it in the windows\system32 folder.
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... l?d3dx9_33

Adjustments is made by manually configure the xml-files. HL2 and Flatout2 are preconfigured.

Anaglyph runs fine with HL2 on 8800GTX cpu E6600 (dual core works). There are no option for dual screen: However there's an option for Over/Under but it didn't work with the beamers even if they were setuped vertically in the nvidia driver. Batteries worned out in my sh.glasses so i'm gonna try those later on. :). Guess that pageflipping is the melody for me.

Update: Changed batteries in my glasses but they still don't work. Checked the IR-transmitting diodes with my digitalcamera and there was no signal from them. Downloaded the E-D activator and now it works with at least HL2 and really great too! No crosshair though. Had to resync once and a while to with the activator since the right and the left eye image swapped sometimes. Also saw an option for Over/Under in the activator. Tried that out with my projectors but no luck there either! So, dual vga is a nogo with this. However: It does work with dual cores and 8800GTX. Switching to glasses again and trying those E-D drivers! Back before they simply refused to install on a system with Nvidia card but when i tried install with 8800GTX they installed fine. A bit curious and going to test them with shutterglasses.

Kinddragons stereodriver (with dual core and 8800GTX) tested positive with Flatout, HL2 and Tomb Raider Anniversary so far.

E-D-drivers (with dual core and 8800GTX) tested positive with HL2, Flatout and negative with Tomb Raider Anniversary (no stereo effect).

However, when playing HL2 i really miss the Nvidia crosshair on both these drivers! Note: When playing Flatout the on screen menues always are on screen dept using the E-d drivers. I remember that's not the case regarding the Nvidia ones.

Activator: http://www.edimensionalfiles.com/solo11 ... ds/E-D.exe
E-D driver: http://www.edimensionalfiles.com/solo11 ... update.exe

However: This prooves that dual core + 8800 works fine with stereo... if someone with knowledge only takes time to do it. If anybody feel like this is a kick in da butt (lika an Nvidia employee) it's meant to. Remember that many of us who bought these cards did it with the main reason: Good performance regarding stereo!
The 8800GTX is a kickass card in any way regarding performance but since there has been no working stereodriver for it then a 7900 has to do the work while the 8800GTX ages nicely in my bookshelf... :evil:

Thank you Kinddragon for your effort! It means a lot for many people here! :)
Last edited by Likay on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:12 am, edited 14 times in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Xerion
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Xerion »

These are really interesting, using page flipping mode and the edimensional tool to force my glasses on I can play guildwars with convergance and still have the gui intact. The only problem is that it keeps losing 3D for a bit before returning it.
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Anyway now: Really missing playing stereo on my big screen so now switching back to 7900GT and projectors for a nice round of Tomb Raider Anniversary!

Regards
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Could someone explain what is happening here?

As I understand it, Anaglyph mode is red/blue.

Are you guys combining the ED Activator and the Kind Dragon driver to benefit from S-3D on shutterglasses?

Or does the Kind Dragon driver only do Anaglyph, and the ED driver does its own thing?

Regards,
Neil
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

AFAIK, second thing you said Neil.

But KindDragon's tool also apparently works in page flipping but there is no DDC signal ofcourse as he is unable to access the VGA port.

Not a big problem at all, very simple hardware circuit can be used to make DDC signal from tapping into the Vsync line. There are diagrams floating around somewhere i made a while ago to do just that.

KD's results for me:

Painkiller works!

Other games unfortunately do not work for me yet:

Colin McRae: Dirt - crash to desktop
Oblivion - lock at startup
Company of Heroes - lock at startup
Supreme Commander - lock at load screen.

Dragon's utility shows ALOT of promise.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Neil wrote:Could someone explain what is happening here?

As I understand it, Anaglyph mode is red/blue.

Are you guys combining the ED Activator and the Kind Dragon driver to benefit from S-3D on shutterglasses?

Or does the Kind Dragon driver only do Anaglyph, and the ED driver does its own thing?

Regards,
Neil
I don't have anaglyph glasses so i couldn't really tell how it worked in anaglyph. However i see a picture rendered like an anaglyph one. The games i tested ran smoothly and good.
Kinddragons drivers seems to be written most to support anaglyph modes. (It has two of them). However it has an option for shutterglasses and a "Over/Under" option that simply renders one eye image on the upper half of the screen and the other eye image on the lower half.
Personally my shutterglasses from E-D altered L/R quite often (several times a minute) when testing. Had refresh rate set to 85 Hz in windows. Setting it lower might increase stability or maybe it's my glasses.
There is no GUI for the moment but all parameters can be adjusted in .xml-files. When adding new games, simply copy one xml-file and rename it to the new games executable. When running the game try look what needs to be altered and then try new values.
The E-D-activator is simply needed to provide the signal to the glasses (changed the batteries in my glasses cause of this but later found out about the activator. Guess i learn all the time, hehe)
If you read above i've also tested the E-D-driver itself too since now i could install it on an Nvidia card. (Was not possible before). Kinddragons driver seems to work a little better though. :)
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Are you saying that the Kind Dragon drivers will work with LCD shutterglasses provided the ED Activator is working?

Do they support post processing effects?

Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The activator is needed to "turn on" the glasses! The driver handles the pageflipping though.
However: For those who couldn't play stereo on their 8800 cards these drivers are really great options though! Words from the author is that these drivers should work with ATI as well. But he haven't tried it out though. (Check the link above given from usbnet)
Those E-D-drivers might also be worth a try for G80 users. However having a 7900GT for now with 93.81 +S drivers is absolutely better for the moment.
If you like you could probably try them yourself Neil. They don't interfere with each other in any way. Just turn off the ones you don't use for the moment.

I've copied these from Nvidia forums: usbnet has made some tryouts!

"Nvidia 8800GTX Analygraph
Games successfully Test at this Time:

Driv3r - very nice Depth at all
Scarface - very nice Depth at all
HL 2 - great /crosshair is 2D
Sin Episodes - great /crosshair is 2D
Test Drive Unlimited - great /only at 18-30 Frames
Armed Assault - cool but crosshair is 2D / Vehicle & Chopper must be in 3rd Person
Driver Parallel Lines - Very Great !!!!"

So there gotta be some compability! :D

Ps: Sorry about the answer about postprocessing later.
The "Fullscreen effects" in Tomb Raider Anniversary makes the Nvidia driver go nuts. However it's working fine with kinddragons driver! Sorry for misleading. Now using my 7900GT though since there seems no way to use dual vga for with this driver for now.

Anyhow: Great effort from kinddragon! I'm gonna make some more tests with this driver but for now i'm using the 7900GT.
Last edited by Likay on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Nice work!

HL2 seems to run very smooth here, with all options on.
However, the anaglyph colors are bad for me, the red is way too purple so the cyan covered eye still sees alot of it or so. Am I the only one with this problem?

Hopefully he'll manage to get a crosshair in too :)
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Jahun, try adjusting the RGB colours individually from the nvidia control panel until you get a good colour filter match with your glasses.

I know what you mean... im getting more green than blue in painkiller without the adjustments :p
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
kapi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kapi »

Battlefield Series work (1942,vietnam,2,battlefront,2142)
CSS:HL2 Work
Flatout 2 work

Guildwars doesn't work (no effect but start)
FS 2004 doesn't work (will try 10 soon)
UT2004 doesn't work (no effect but start)
Orbiter doesn't work (no effect but start)
Xplane doesn't work (no effect but start)
Devastation doesn't work (no effect but start)
il2 sturmovik doesn't work
Quake3 doesn't start
Quake4 doesn't start
SecondLife Black screen
Fearcombat doesn't start
Trackmania doesn't start

Someone reported that this hook work on Vista 64 one more point to KindDragon over Nvidia
Last edited by kapi on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows XPSP2+2003server(Vista Suxx)
C2D E6600@3+4 gb Gskill Extreme
Gigabyte DS4 N650i SLI
Axxyon 680w PSU+Antec 900
8800 GTS320@550/850 WITH NO F**** STEREO DRIVERS
7600GT in no Sli Mode 163.76+162.50
Icuiti VR920 Hmd
22 IIYAMA LCD Monitor
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Tried it on Supreme Commander, to get the splitting interface to stick:
Works!! For a grand total of 30 seconds.. then it locked up.

But those 30 seconds it was correct 3D

edit: Only with lowest settings, and there seems to be alot of 2d effects in the game (fire smoke). So even with more than 30 seconds, it will never be a true go..

Too bad..
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Kegler seems to have managed Battefield 2142 in stereoscopic 3d in Vista64. Don't have hopes too high though. Myself i don't want to touch Vista with my bare hands or even with gloves and a spacesuit between....
Thread is here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=39238
Remember that dragons driver is surely a bit "raw" but it's a great option for those who can't play stereo with existent Nvidia drivers.

Cheers!
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

kapi wrote:Battlefield Series work (1942,vietnam,2,battlefront,2142)
CSS:HL2 Work
Flatout 2 work

Guildwars doesn't work (no effect but start)
FS 2004 doesn't work (will try 10 soon)
UT2004 doesn't work (no effect but start)
Orbiter doesn't work (no effect but start)
Xplane doesn't work (no effect but start)
Devastation doesn't work (no effect but start)
il2 sturmovik doesn't work
Quake3 doesn't start
Quake4 doesn't start
SecondLife Black screen
Fearcombat doesn't start
Trackmania doesn't start

Someone reported that this hook work on Vista 64 one more point to KindDragon over Nvidia
Strange, GuildWars does have effect here, just had to tweak it a little and AA and Post-Processing need to be off...
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
kapi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kapi »

Hook worked only with HL2/CSS on Icuiti VR920 device, other games worked with anaglyph don't work, the device not sync well, so this game can be used in core2+8800 on VR920, it is the only title i could make working with that device in c2duo+8800 config.
Windows XPSP2+2003server(Vista Suxx)
C2D E6600@3+4 gb Gskill Extreme
Gigabyte DS4 N650i SLI
Axxyon 680w PSU+Antec 900
8800 GTS320@550/850 WITH NO F**** STEREO DRIVERS
7600GT in no Sli Mode 163.76+162.50
Icuiti VR920 Hmd
22 IIYAMA LCD Monitor
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I made a test for this hook and Dual-Monitor output.
The aim was to get one of the over under pictures (mode 3 in hook) on each monitor - for Crosseye for example.

1. choose Vertical streched Desktop for 2 Monitors in Nvidia- controll panel, althoug they stand next to each other (horizontal span)

2. Set hook to over under view in the config.xml (mode 3)
3. Start the hook
4. Start the game (in my case FlatOut2) with a dual-Resolution (e.g. 1024x15xx)

5. If stereo seems wrong way (parallel view) try to choos the other monitor as the primary one or switch their positions

6. Try to enjoy S-3d in crosseyed mode or build a TARDIS and find a way to mirror one of the desktop monitors - or mirror them twice with real mirrors or be creative to find another solution :)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”