multiple licenses

One Eyed Hopeful

multiple licenses

Post by 1140 »

I would like to try the iZ3D driver, because I would like it to work with my Zallman 22", shutterglasses on a CRT AND using double output when using 2 beamer and polarization setup.

Does this mean I have to buy 3 licenses ?
Because the buy now button says 49,99 for every mode I would like. :?
---------------------------------
What a strange username..
1140 <=> ETA
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: multiple licenses

Post by BlackQ »

yes - each output except free outputs requires separate license. We don't have package license yet.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Also, our driver has a free 30 day trial so you can try them for free if you like before purchasing.
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I support iZ3D and own a monitor. If unhook my iZ3D from my pc and hook up a crt (just for shits and grins) would I not be able to use the driver after the trial mode? You guys really really need a package deal and some kind of discount for people that already own the monitor but also enjoy using other outputs. I would like to be able to use the drivers in various ways on my other stereo equipment but it gets expensive to have to buy each and every output type.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

just for better understanding: do you have CRT + shutter and something else? I think package idea is not bad at all. Only question is how to realize it good. I assume you can pay less for package, but technically you need to activate each output separately
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Just enable to order Multiple licences and apply an discount to it, say for every one beside the first you get 10% to the order (2=10%, 3=20%, etc.)
When you now send 2 ore more codes that isn't the big problem... so you also can divide you licences, e.g. the dual output in the living room for projection and the shutter licence to your gaming pc.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

ok - clear. I'll talk about our guys how to implement this.
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1140 »

well, when using multiple license one just one PC, I suggest 100% first one, 30% second, and additional others 20%.
When in need of 3 or 4 types, I think 150 euro is a bit high.

When you you have a bundle discount for any additional PC, I can imagine a discount of 'only' 10 or 20%. Since these can be used at the same time.

But any discount is better then none 8)

I just tried the driver for one day now, but I like the driver a lot, especially the autofocus is cool.
(Too bad it stopped working when I installed nVidia 180.48 WHQL on the laptop (9800GT-SLI).)
1140 <=> ETA
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Here's my dilemma..

I have crt/shutters on one pc, although the old Nivida drivers work better for that setup "right now". I also have access to a VR920 on a part time basis (not mine) on that other pc. I am seriously considering a projector in the future. I have to say a good projector is phenomenal for S3D. I'd be willing to shell 100% first license, 50% to 60% for the 2nd and so forth.

Activating each output isn't a problem with me but I do have another question. Is the license tied to one computer? If my old crt/shutters pc goes to the graveyard will I have to pay to get another license? Can I change major hardware components and still be ok? I understand the pros and cons of this and the possibility of piracy.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Hello Znith,
It IS tied to the computer, but you can just as easily untie it.

With the output you want to remove enabled, hold the CTRL key and open the Dynamic Test in the Help section.

The activation dialogue should pop up, and there should be a place on that for a removal code.

Just take that removal code, and input it into the website and it should allow you to re-activate on a different computer.
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1140 »

1140 wrote:(Too bad it stopped working when I installed nVidia 180.48 WHQL on the laptop (9800GT-SLI).)
A repair of the setup didn't work, but after removing the iZ3D driver, and reinstalling, it now again works.
:D
1140 <=> ETA
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Thank you Welder!
Welder wrote:Hello Znith,
It IS tied to the computer, but you can just as easily untie it.

With the output you want to remove enabled, hold the CTRL key and open the Dynamic Test in the Help section.

The activation dialogue should pop up, and there should be a place on that for a removal code.

Just take that removal code, and input it into the website and it should allow you to re-activate on a different computer.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

No problem!
koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by koshien »

Excuse me if I take a chance to ask something...
a guy from an Italian forum is getting a 3D plasma tv (not a DLP) Samsung next week.
He's got a desktop pc with Ati cards and dvi output. All he has to do is downloading iz3d drivers (for free to ATI customers, right?) and buying official Samsung 3D glasses... am I right?
It seems to be easy...!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

As long as it takes a checkerboard input, then yes that should work.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

correction: Samsung 3D Plasma is interlace (same Arisawa based Zalman like approach) - he needs to set interlace output to have 3D
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

BlackQ wrote:correction: Samsung 3D Plasma is interlace (same Arisawa based Zalman like approach) - he needs to set interlace output to have 3D

Ah that's right.
koshien

Post by koshien »

Welder wrote:As long as it takes a checkerboard input, then yes that should work.
Thanks a lot!
Just so you know, I opened a thread about stereo-3D in an Italian forum some time ago and it has been read by about 15000 people (ps3 forum is read by a lot of people...) :)
It is focused mostly on stereo-3D arrival on ps3 (based on TDVision interview about stereo-3D firmware update), but in the end we are just discussing about the technology as a whole.
I thought it was nice for you to know there are people over here talking about stereo-3D and iz3d :)
I've put a lot of effort in doing this and it might be a curious thing for you to check it out, just for fun :mrgreen:
Here it is: http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.p ... pic=439670
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

koshien wrote:
Welder wrote:As long as it takes a checkerboard input, then yes that should work.
Thanks a lot!
Just so you know, I opened a thread about stereo-3D in an Italian forum some time ago and it has been read by about 15000 people (ps3 forum is read by a lot of people...) :)
It is focused mostly on stereo-3D arrival on ps3 (based on TDVision interview about stereo-3D firmware update), but in the end we are just discussing about the technology as a whole.
I thought it was nice for you to know there are people over here talking about stereo-3D and iz3d :)
I've put a lot of effort in doing this and it might be a curious thing for you to check it out, just for fun :mrgreen:
Here it is: http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.p ... pic=439670

Actually my statement was incorrect. BlackQ's is correct. It would be Interlaced.

And thank you for your efforts on that forum! I wish I could read it though :( Maybe I can use google translate.
koshien

Post by koshien »

Thank you BlacQ! I have to tell him!
Welder wrote: And thank you for your efforts on that forum! I wish I could read it though :( Maybe I can use google translate.
:mrgreen:

For what concerns 3D on that plasma tv, obviously the guy still needs official samsung 3D shutterglasses (these ones: http://www.bedfordbraces.com/reviews/sa ... review.htm), am I correct?
koshien

Post by koshien »

And one more question... could you guys explain me how interlaced output works? I read Samsung whitepaper explaining checkerboard, but I don't know much about interlaced...
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

we have simple interlace now: we take left and right image first. Then we take odd lines from left and even lines from right and combine them in one frame. For next version (1.10) we are going to improve it a little bit by taking "average" of each two line from left and right - this will show better 3D for small details and objects.
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1140 »

Well, I improved the performance some more.. my first sample post.
I render the two views to one texture, upper-half and lower-half.
The left-eye-view in the upper-half and the right-eye-view in the lower-half of the same texture.
The right view has a slight tilt angle of 0.5 multiplied with 'FOV-vertical' divided by number of vertical lines.
This way when the both eye's (camera positions) are at the same position, you actually almost get the full resolution.
The perceived picture quality is greater.

Then I made a special interlaced-to-screen shader which takes the one texture and blits it to the screen as an interlaced image.

Maybe this is nice for you, to also implement, giving a higher framerate. Since you only have half the pixels to fill...
1140 <=> ETA
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

we'll check this way too - thanks!
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1140 »

Added my implementation, shader and game-loop:
link
1140 <=> ETA
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

I see you are talking with Dragon directly already ... :-)
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

i have one here. its 3d checkerboard and OPTIONAL it also allows row/columns interlaced.

Subejctively "best" 3d still with checkerboard pattern, although the two other formats look almost the same.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”