Help with 3D from Ground up

Mansprichtdeutsch
One Eyed Hopeful

Help with 3D from Ground up

Post by Mansprichtdeutsch »

Hi!
Sorry for my bad english writing skills and thanks for helping.
I did build myself a new PC and got the Nvidia 3D vision kit in hope it works together. But Im new to 3D and Modding and everithing.

I use Nvida RTX 4090 and the power of my PC is not the problem at all but i didnt get the old Drivers working. My Monitor is Alienware AW3423DW (not specialy made for 3D but for Nvidia).
The Internet (that would never lie to someone) told me that this would work somehow. Even with Win11 (maybe this was one mistake).
I tried it with 3D Manager but at the time my shutter glases are not even shuttering and i cant even complete the 3D Setup.

I need help with everything and i even would share my Desktop with Discord so you can help me out if it helps.
I speak english and german if its helpfull.
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Help with 3D from Ground up

Post by Flint Eastwood »

Kurze Antwort:
Alle Karten ab der 3000er Serie funktionieren nicht mit dem alten Treiber! Aber es gibt Hoffnung.

Lange Antwort:
Du kannst zunächst ganz normal den aktuellen GPU-Treiber von Nvidia installieren.
Dann installierst du mit Hilfe des 3D-Managers den 3D Vision Treiber 425.31. (Bitte mit dem 3D-Manager, weil der die Dateien modifiziert (Versionsnummer des aktuellen GPU-Treibers wird in die Dateien geschrieben zur Zusammenarbeit))
Jetzt musst du ein Problem lösen, das mit der neuen DCH Treiber-Struktur zu tun hat. Problem und Lösung ist hier erklärt: viewtopic.php?t=26356
Du musst im Endeffekt die beiden Dateien
nvstapisvr.dll
nvstapisvr64.dll
in den Windows Driver Store kopieren:
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_xxxxxxxxxxxx\Display.NvContainer\plugins\LocalSystem
Das Verzeichnis kann bei dir anders heißen, deswegen die xxxxx. Ist nur etwas frickelig, weil du dafür die Rechte am Verzeichnis übernehmen musst.
Nach einem Neustart sollte der 3D Vision Setup Assistent funktionieren und auch DX9 Spiele.
Für Dx11 Spiele benötigst du Geo-11.
!!! Vorsicht vor den Fixes die hier im Forum "UnityBeing" anbietet. Möglicherweise Malware oder Phishing Versuche. Keine Ahnung, was da für Dateien zusammen gemischt wurden !!!
Halte dich am Besten an den 3D-Manager und an HelixModBlog.

Für Dx12 hat Flugan ein interessantes Projekt Geo3D.
Und ich versuche gerade mit Hilfe einiger klugen Köpfe, eine unabhängige Lösung für den 3D-Vision Emitter zu basteln.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Short answer:
All cards from the 3000 series onwards do not work with the old driver! But there is hope.

Long answer:
First, you can install the latest GPU driver from Nvidia just as normal.
Then install the 3D Vision driver 425.31 using the 3D Manager (please use the 3D Manager because it modifies the files (version number of the current GPU driver is written to the files to get accepted by GPU drivers)).
Now you have to solve a problem that has to do with the new DCH driver structure. Problem and solution is explained here: viewtopic.php?t=26356
You have to copy the two files
nvstapisvr.dll
nvstapisvr64.dll
into the Windows Driver Store:
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_xxxxxxxxxxxx\Display.NvContainer\plugins\LocalSystem
The directory may have a different name, hence the xxxxx. It's just a bit tricky because you have to take over the rights of the directory.
After a restart, the 3D Vision Setup Assistant should work and also DX9 games.
For Dx11 games you need Geo-11 fixes.
!!! Beware of the fixes offered here in the forum from "UnityBeing". Possibly malware or phishing attempts. No idea what kind of files were mixed together !!!
It's best to stick to the 3D-Manager and HelixModBlog.

For Dx12 Flugan has an interesting project: Geo3D.
And I am currently trying to build an independent solution for the 3D vision emitter with the help of some clever minds.
Ryzen 7800X3D // 32GB RAM // GTX 1070 // 3D-Vision glasses + Asus PG248Q // Win10 Home 64bit 22H2 // Nvidia Driver v546.29
Mansprichtdeutsch
One Eyed Hopeful

Hi!
Danke für deine Hilfe
Ich schnall das aber noch nicht ganz.
Ich hab den Ordner nv_dispig.inf_amd64_ zweimal mit unterschiedlichen Nummern dahinter und einer hat die beiden Dateien schon drin.
Ob das die richtigen sind wage ich aber zu bezweifeln und woher ich die richtigen bekomme steht da gar nicht wirklich.
Und danach kommen erst die Rechte am Verzeichnis.
Ich möchte wetten wenn ich dir meinen Bildschirm über Diskord teile hast du mich in kurzer Zeit angeleitet.
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

Eins der beiden Verzeichnisse ist höchstwarscheinlich eine Treiberleiche.

Steht alles beschrieben, aus welchem Verzeichnis du die Dateien holen kannst:
Two files: nvstapisvr.dll and nvstapisvr64.dll from the root of a 3D Vision driver install. Unzip the .exe if needed.
..., but just use 3DFixManager to update the driver and use the Drivers->StereoscopicDriver->Win10 path.
Du kannst die Dateien auch von hier kopieren, wenn der 3D-Vision-Treiber bereits installiert ist: "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision"

Das Übernehmen der Rechte für das Verzeichnis ist jedesmal ein Graus in Windows. Da muss ich auch immer furchtbar aufpassen, dass ich das richtig hinbekomme.
Ryzen 7800X3D // 32GB RAM // GTX 1070 // 3D-Vision glasses + Asus PG248Q // Win10 Home 64bit 22H2 // Nvidia Driver v546.29
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Flint how dare u call me a criminal, you dumb mofo. Pls scan my files and ask master or dss if I’m infecting people. Fck u.
“3D Vision did preserver in the hands of passionate geeks and lost support in the hands of the overbearing nerds” - UnityBeing
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

UnityBeing wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:47 pm Flint how dare u call me a criminal, ...
Where did I call you this? Show me the quote word by word!!!

I just said that I find "your" fixes somehow suspicious. And warning other users to be careful is not a crime.
UnityBeing wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:47 pm... you dumb mofo. ... Fck u.
Wow. Is that the way how you talk to people around you?
You should really seek some professional help!
Mansprichtdeutsch
One Eyed Hopeful

Hab alles versucht.
Das mit den Rechten hab ich hingekriegt.
Da hörts aber schon wieder auf.
Die beiden Dateien sind in dem Ordner bereits vorhanden (vielleicht macht das der 3D Manager mittlerweile), und wenn ich sie durch die aus dem anderen Verzeichnis ersetze krieg ich nicht mal mehr die Nvidia Einstellungen auf.
Habs mit den ältesten und neuesten 5XX Treibern probiert. Beim Spielstart von Days Gone werden 2 Bilder nebeneinander angezeigt, der IR Sender bleibt aus und die Brille macht keinen Mux. Meine Speicherstände sind auch verloren gegangen.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”