One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Post by Rhialto »

---
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

spin1 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:21 pm 1. Does anyone know why 3D Fix Manager keeps not recognizing some of my games? It doesn't recognize all my Steam games and is missing 4 of 13 games. 3D FM does indeed show F1 2017 but it does not show F1 2019 nor Automobilista, No Limits 2 Roller Coaster Simulation, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trial...
This wasn't a problem with my previous system on Win 8.1 because I only used 3D FM to download/install 3D fixes but now with my Win 10 system, I believe 3D FM is needed to start all games therefore they need to be listed...
I've pointed 3D FM right to the exact folders of the games and it keeps not finding anything...

EDIT: The weird thing is that if I click on "New" to create a new game profile and then search the drop-down menu next to "* Game Title", all my games are successfully shown. Why aren't they showing up on the main "Installed Games" list?

EDIT 2: OK. I tried making a custom profile by pointing to the EXE and 3D FM keeps telling me "Error, game not installed" even though I pointed to the EXE of the game...Ahhh, why is this so difficult????? Shouldn't it just be a matter of pointing to the EXE, creating a name for the profile (eg. Metro 2033 Benchmark), and that's it? There's like 200 lines / settings / options / drop-downs to fill-out in the profile creation section of 3D FM. Can someone please help??????????

2. Assetto Corsa does not start using 3D Fix Manager. The 2D menu loads fine but when you actually go to load the gameplay itself (car, racing, etc.), the game closes back to desktop

EDIT - FIXED: Disable in-game anti-aliasing (don't use any, not even 2x) and it works perfectly.

3. Project Cars 2 does not display 3D when using 3D Fix Manager when the game is set for triple-screens. It stays 2D. I tried disabling/enabling 3D while in-game, alt-tabbing out of the game, etc. 3D is only actually displayed when playing in single screen mode...

4. I'm quite confused. My DX11 games are starting with 3D when not using 3D FM to start them. I have 3D FM open but the global 3D driver hack is disabled yet starting DX11 games from Steam or the EXE directly seems to be working just fine. I just tried Assetto Corsa, Metro 2033, Metro 2003 Benchmark, and F1 2019 through their EXE's or Steam and 3D seems to be working...Now I'm really confused...

Hey Spin1, I had a similar issue of the games not being found are you pointing to the Root Directory? I was not a while ago and that was my problem..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
illur
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by illur »

Seabottom wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:01 pm Hello, I am very excited to be able to use my 3D goggles again. I can't seem to get it to work correctly though.
My monitor is 100Hz and fiddling around with the settings of the manager I can see that that should be possible to work.
The issue is my goggles, they're fully charged (no amber light) and when I turn them on, they sort of don't go fully dark as I remember they would normally, but only half-dark if that makes sense and not blocking out the light enough. The monitor is displaying a stereoscopic image at 50 fps so that side is working fine.
Any hints?
I think I have the same problem. Everthing looks fine, but the glasses simply don't shutter. I even got a second 3D vision kit to test it but it is the same. Did someone figure out a solution?
illur
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by illur »

To make it even stranger, the glasses start to shutter when I play League of Legends, but the monitor runs at 144 Hz so still no 3D for me.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
illur
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by illur »

Thanks for your answear! I thought that the glasses (both) were maybe not working, but since they jump on in LOL for some strange reason they do work. I also had them connected via USB for power. Not even the nVidia test works, that is, the picture is beeing shuttered at 120 Hz but the glasses do nothing. I have a 2080ti and connect two monitor via two displayport(s). One of them, Acer XV282K KV, can do 144Hz in 4K, the other one, Samsung U28E590, can't do more than 60Hz at 4K). In the "Sterioscopic 3D-> Set up sterioscopic 3D" I get shown "Generische CRT-Anzeige" (in German for some reason). My Windows 10 version is 21H2 (OS build 19044.2364).
I have only tried "Black Mesa" for a game, because my understanding was that if the nVidia test does not work, then there is little reason to expect it to work in games. I have G-sync disabled. I use the 3DFixManager that installed everthing without a problem, including the recommended nVidia driver. Some help would be really appreciated and I do understand that the people doing this are doing it in their free time, so thanks a lot, even if yyou are not able to come up with a solution.
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Stevie_s3D wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:58 am Hi,
I started to play Amazon Games and installed the app of them. 3D Fix Manager doesn't find the games which are installed there. I also added the Amaon Games folder by hand, but still it doesn't find them. Can I fix this somehow?
Hello,
I have the same problem with non-steam games.
Even if I indicate the path, they are not detected.
Have you found a solution since?
Thanks

EDIT:
It's good I found.
You must specify the path in the parameters.
Last edited by freetribes on Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
illur
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by illur »

illur wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am Thanks for your answear! I thought that the glasses (both) were maybe not working, but since they jump on in LOL for some strange reason they do work. I also had them connected via USB for power. Not even the nVidia test works, that is, the picture is beeing shuttered at 120 Hz but the glasses do nothing. I have a 2080ti and connect two monitor via two displayport(s). One of them, Acer XV282K KV, can do 144Hz in 4K, the other one, Samsung U28E590, can't do more than 60Hz at 4K). In the "Sterioscopic 3D-> Set up sterioscopic 3D" I get shown "Generische CRT-Anzeige" (in German for some reason). My Windows 10 version is 21H2 (OS build 19044.2364).
I have only tried "Black Mesa" for a game, because my understanding was that if the nVidia test does not work, then there is little reason to expect it to work in games. I have G-sync disabled. I use the 3DFixManager that installed everthing without a problem, including the recommended nVidia driver. Some help would be really appreciated and I do understand that the people doing this are doing it in their free time, so thanks a lot, even if yyou are not able to come up with a solution.
Answering my own post in case it might help someone else: If I choose a resolution less than 4k the glasses shutter. However, they are not synchronized to the monitor (Acer XV282K KV) so the 3d effect is pretty lousy. If someone has a solution to that, I would be happy to know it. Best!
Gzmyers
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gzmyers »

freetribes wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:48 am
I started to play Amazon Games and installed the app of them. 3D Fix Manager doesn't find the games which are installed there. I also added the Amaon Games folder by hand, but still it doesn't find them. Can I fix this somehow?
Hello,
Thanks

EDIT:
It's good I found.
Can you elaborate as to which parameters, I'm trying to play mafia 2 but it refuses to detect my game in 3dfm. Tried setting path to folder etc.
illur
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by illur »

illur wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:14 am
illur wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am Thanks for your answear! I thought that the glasses (both) were maybe not working, but since they jump on in LOL for some strange reason they do work. I also had them connected via USB for power. Not even the nVidia test works, that is, the picture is beeing shuttered at 120 Hz but the glasses do nothing. I have a 2080ti and connect two monitor via two displayport(s). One of them, Acer XV282K KV, can do 144Hz in 4K, the other one, Samsung U28E590, can't do more than 60Hz at 4K). In the "Sterioscopic 3D-> Set up sterioscopic 3D" I get shown "Generische CRT-Anzeige" (in German for some reason). My Windows 10 version is 21H2 (OS build 19044.2364).
Answering my own post in case it might help someone else: If I choose a resolution less than 4k the glasses shutter. However, they are not synchronized to the monitor (Acer XV282K KV) so the 3d effect is pretty lousy. If someone has a solution to that, I would be happy to know it. Best!
Answering my own post once again: It was the monitor. Bought an old BenQ with 3d vision ready and it works. If anyone knoes how to use other monitors it would be great, but I can die happy now :)
freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

Gzmyers wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:26 pm
freetribes wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:48 am
Hello,
Thanks

EDIT:
It's good I found.
Can you elaborate as to which parameters, I'm trying to play mafia 2 but it refuses to detect my game in 3dfm. Tried setting path to folder etc.

I gave you a screenshot

Then you have to add the folder where mafia is to the search
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gzmyers
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gzmyers »

Thank you👍👍👍🙏
EricPat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by EricPat »

Hello
What an incredible software you have done !
Do I have a chance to activate it on my maptop screen ? It is a 144Hz
My external screen is a 60Hz..
Regards
Eric
Stevie_s3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Stevie_s3D »

freetribes wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:36 am I gave you a screenshot

Then you have to add the folder where mafia is to the search
Thank you from me, too. Didn't know this setting. Will try it later. I added the Amazon folder on the main settings, where you can specify paths where to search for games.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Better later than never:
I have updated the blog page and uploaded a new version of 3DFM supporting Geo-11 finally :D. For details please check the blog.

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3 ... nager.html
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

Pauldusler wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:47 pm Better later than never:
I have updated the blog page and uploaded a new version of 3DFM supporting Geo-11 finally :D. For details please check the blog.

Many thanks for the update :)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

nvm
Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

Thank you so much Pauldusler! Good to hear from you again.
You might want to add to the Geo-11 list of working games a still popular one - Fallout 4. It works great in SBS with the original fix by mike_ar69 and DHR from 2015!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

nvm
Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

Thanks so much for this Paul. You have done an amazing job with this and I really appreciate it. I have noticed a couple of issues on my end. Every game I run in Geo11 seems to be forced to run in 1920x1080 @120hz. This is fine when running Dx9 but SBS, which I predominantly use I need to be in 60hz, otherwise I cant switch to SBS on my projector. I tried forcing it every which way but to no avail. I also noticed that every game I run in 3d, with every method, forces Vsync on at driver level, regardless of changing settings in the app. I know this is a first geo11 release, so I thought Id report bugs here, as I'm not sure where else to. Thanks so much againand look forward to your next update.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

nvm
chuppy44
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chuppy44 »

Huge thanks for the update. Even for those of us not using DX11 3DVision this makes it immensely more convenient to get Geo11 running.

It does feel like there should be a Geo11 setting for switching SBS/TB/interlaced/etc modes. Doesn't matter much to me as I only want to use SBS and that is what it defaults to with Geo11 Nvidia compatibility turned off but the setting probably should be there.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

chuppy44 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:56 am Huge thanks for the update. Even for those of us not using DX11 3DVision this makes it immensely more convenient to get Geo11 running.

It does feel like there should be a Geo11 setting for switching SBS/TB/interlaced/etc modes. Doesn't matter much to me as I only want to use SBS and that is what it defaults to with Geo11 Nvidia compatibility turned off but the setting probably should be there.
It's possible to set the output format. I'll update the FAQ for this.
JtG74
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JtG74 »

For some weird reason i can't install this new version. I have tried to disable Windows defender(only antivirus program that I use) but nothing happens when I doubleclick 3DFixManager.exe.
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

That are really awesome news! :) :) :) Thank you very much, Paul. :D
Ryzen 7800X3D // 32GB RAM // GTX 1070 // 3D-Vision glasses + Asus PG248Q // Win10 Home 64bit 22H2 // Nvidia Driver v546.29
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

JtG74 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:20 pm For some weird reason i can't install this new version. I have tried to disable Windows defender(only antivirus program that I use) but nothing happens when I doubleclick 3DFixManager.exe.
In 3DFM folder there should be a file "error_log.txt". Could you post the content of the file here, please?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

I have just released 3DFM 1.87 and added some interesting info to the Geo-11 FAQ section.

JtG74
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JtG74 »

Pauldusler wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:47 am
JtG74 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:20 pm For some weird reason i can't install this new version. I have tried to disable Windows defender(only antivirus program that I use) but nothing happens when I doubleclick 3DFixManager.exe.
In 3DFM folder there should be a file "error_log.txt". Could you post the content of the file here, please?
I tried new 1.87 and it does not install either. But it works fine! Program opens and I can manage my games, install 3D fixes ja start games. I really don't mind if there is no desktop icon or if it can't be found on start menu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Idem error file non open
Unable to access the device or folder. If I replace fix_manager_1.87.exe with the old fix_manager_1.85 Exe, it works
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

Great thanks a lot ! I don't know if you made any modifications for the installation of the 3DVision driver but now on recent drivers, the control panel is no longer lagging and it records the 3Dvision modifications ?
I7 12700KF / 32 Giga 3600Mhz@C18 / RTX 4090 / Sound Blaster Xfi Titanium / Optoma UHD42

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”