3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Eye health

Post by whyme466 »

Sorry to hear about your eye problem, DMan! Unfortunately, this is not unusual as we age. Both my wife and I have had mild retinal tears requiring hospital visits, with no lasting issues, but remain vigilant for future vision artifacts. Please try to get some type of health insurance, if possible (the US has a crazy, inefficient health care system)…
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Thanks for sharing, sorry to hear - I hope it won't get worse for you. Cheers, man.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
djb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by djb »

Sorry to hear about that, and I wish you well :-) ya, watch your Blood Pressure too guys, got a couple burst blood vessels in the back of the eyeball over the years and had to cut the salt...among other things.

Take care,
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

I had LASIK in 2005, the laser burned a small hole with scarring on the back of my eye. Now I have a grey area (about 8% of entire view in one eye) where no picture comes through, and I'm also super sensitive to strobing light and moving patterns to the point where I lose cognitive function with too much exposure. Not quite the same as you 3DNovice, but have to protect those eyes. 3DV isn't much good if you can't see.

Don't ever rub your eyes, it can stretch out the cornea and lead to worsening vision.

For-profit healthcare is exploitative - might as well be dealing with used car salesmen.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Sorry to hear that Dman & thanks for the advices.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Wow.. I didn't realize your eye injury was so bad, truly great it healed up, our eyes is perhaps our most precious sence..

Well about the ridiculous high prices for health care in US, I'm from Denmark we have 100% free public health care for every one - no matter the income !
I know many Americans consider us to be sort of communists, with free healtcare, education and so on, but in fact it's just a way of equalizing the costs of a modern society, to benefit for every one...
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Sorry to hear all that. I hope your eye won't give you more trouble in the future. We know how good 3D is, and losing one eye (nevermind both) would be catastrophic.
Feisty_Fernando wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:37 am I had LASIK in 2005, the laser burned a small hole with scarring on the back of my eye. Now I have a grey area (about 8% of entire view in one eye) where no picture comes through, and I'm also super sensitive to strobing light and moving patterns to the point where I lose cognitive function with too much exposure. Not quite the same as you 3DNovice, but have to protect those eyes. 3DV isn't much good if you can't see.

Don't ever rub your eyes, it can stretch out the cornea and lead to worsening vision.
Oh man. That sucks. Maybe things have improved in the last 17 years, but this helps me with the decision to NOT get surgery for my myopia and astigmatism.
albert90
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by albert90 »

This thread has scared me more than anything in my life, Definitely taking better care of my eyes now.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

This subject is very insteresting to me, since I am thinking on buying my 1st VR headset (I am thinking on Quest 2 or Pico Neo 3 Link). But I have doubts. In case I love VR, I may spend hours using a product that is throwing light directly to my eyes, just at only a couple cm of distance.

My principal concern is not the quality of the image, but the damage that this tech may cause to the eyes after hours/days/months... using it.

I have no idea about the security protocol when releasing a product like a VR headset. Maybe the only thing that matters for the company is the "wow" effect of the image, because (maybe) costumers usually don't care too much about any possible eye damage.

For example, there are external vendors selling optic lenses that supposedly filter the blue light. Those filters are not present in the VR product, so it is a sign that (maybe) eye care is not something important for the company that produces the VR headset ?

I don't know. I just only have doubts and suspicions. Maybe it is still too early to enter in this VR thing ?
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”