audiosurf

angelsinraver
One Eyed Hopeful

audiosurf

Post by angelsinraver »

has anybody tried this game in 3d? it looks like it would be cool. im using the iz3d driver for vr920 but i cant seem to get it to work, but alas im still a s3d noob so i dont really no how to troubleshoot it. any thoughts?
Ignorance is the night of the mind, a night without moon or stars.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: audiosurf

Post by BlackShark »

Hi, i've tested audiosuf a while ago and it looks mostly good.
There are some little issues though.
The game is very very unstable (it already is in 2D but in 3D it's even worse) in my case for some reason i managed to launch the game fullscreen once and then never again. I had to play windowed or it kept crashing when switching to fullscreen.
The game also doesn't work with all modes, i only managed to play it in anaglyph (or crash).

Once in the game, the 3D looks very good and riding the waves in 3D is a really thrilling experience.
There are a few artifacts though : most of the UI is displayed at a random depth. the Trails effects (premium graphics mode only) go in different directions for both eyes (typical trails/motion blur effect S-3D artifact).
But turn down the graphics to advanced and the experience get almost flawless... if you just don't mind switching on and off 3D everytime you display a menu/score/choose-song/options, etc...

Using anaglyph is also tricky since the game is almost entirely based around colours, i managed to tweak the colour scheme to get something playable, and the white theme looked much better than the dark ones.
I think there are some shots in the gallery (not sure).

edit : no they aren't in the gallery, i used to host them on my website before it was shutdown.
I don't have the shots here, i'm not at home, i can't redo them at the moment.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
angelsinraver
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: audiosurf

Post by angelsinraver »

ok man thanksfor the info. ill keep trying. i really need to get my new video card and iz3d that will make life better but untill then ill keep messin with my vr920.

-sin
Ignorance is the night of the mind, a night without moon or stars.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”