Do any console emulators support Stereoscopic 3D?

Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Do any console emulators support Stereoscopic 3D?

Post by Anthony1 »

I was wondering if any of the console emulators have any special support for Stereoscopic 3D? I'm thinking of 3D based consoles like Playstation 1, PS2, Dreamcast, etc, etc.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Do any console emulators support Stereoscopic 3D?

Post by BlackShark »

Many emulators work in conjunction with nvidia or iZ3D drivers but you have to configure the emulators properly.

The emulators themselves usually don't have any special stereo3D support, but their rendering engines are usually based on OpenGL or DirectX.
So 3D drivers should be able to hook them up as long as you configure the emulator to use DirectX rendering.
Here is an example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeloBu915-Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Blackshark is right on. Project 64 1.6 works very nicely.

The main problem you are going to have is that for console emulators, you do not have a mouse cursor for the IZ3D drivers to use autofocus with, so if the game has a camera that is constantly shifting depth, you are not going to have an optimal experience. :(
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm looking to get Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 working in 3D with a Mayflash DolphinBar.

Also hoping to get Super Mario 3D World (Wii-U) working in 3D also.

Which emulator should I use and does the operating system I'm using make a difference? Is it better to use Win7 or Win10 1809?
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Obveron »

Citra natively supports side by side 3d. There's a Helix mod that can render it in Nvidia 3d vision. http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/08/ci ... to-3d.html
rixardion
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rixardion »

Yes! Dolphin (Wii, Gamecube)

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=25381

Edit: Wow just noticed the op is from 10 years ago
DillGill
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DillGill »

I have working fixes for Gamecube and Wii Games to work flawlessly in 3D. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword as well as Mario games look incredible in 3D.
PPorquer3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PPorquer3D »

Old thread -- but here is what i know so far...

Dolphin gamecube/wii emulator supports Stereoscopic 3d- plus widescreen & texture packs

PCSX2 - playstation 2 emulator, - you need to find the 3d video plugin that enables this - some games do not have a "z buffer" or something like that, so they can't be rendered in 3d

Citra - nintedo 3ds emulator

There is a Super Nes emulator that renders some games in 3d, but only works on the parallax layers that are separate - some games like dkcountry simulate more parallax layers than it really has, so this simulated layers do not get to have separation/convergence values of their own.

Sega "gigadrive" - used by the nintendo 3ds to transform Sonic the hedgehog, Shinoby 3 & Streets of rage, amongst others - to stereo 3d - i wish there was some way to run it on the pc..

Using drivers -

Project 64 with IZ3d - only works with directx - opengl has wide-screen support HD texture pack support, But IZ3d may not work well with openGL - needs more experimenting -
Also , for best wide-screen results, it is best to use Gameshark codes instead for games that do not have 16 by 9 options.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

Check out the first group/section (Emulators) here: https://airtable.com/shrraIPxGgCE1hzq3

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”