Marvel's Avengers

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Marvel's Avengers

Post by thebigdogma »

It took quite a bit of tweaking, but I think it looks pretty good! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Marvel's Avengers

Post by skyrimer »

Whoa I can't see a single issue in those pics, great job! what tweaks did you do?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

The best approach is to make sure AA is turned off, reduce separation to 3 or 4 notches on the ol' emitter wheel, increase convergence as much as your eyes will allow, then set the graphics settings to "lowest."

After that, start adjusting graphics features on one-by-one and... voila!

As a side note; after all of these years playing in S3D, it still amazes me what a difference it makes in a game. To my eyes, playing in 3D with the lowest settings is better looking/more impressive than playing in 4K with all of the bells and whistles turned on.

Another pic - the Utah area looks absolutely spectacular!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Great stuff, thebigdogma! Thanks to you, all I needed to know before buying the game has been answered. So it is possible to play the game in real stereoscopic 3D and - as the screenies show - it seems far from "unplayable"...VERY FAR!
Do I need to tweak something so 3D Vision kicks in or does the game launch in 3DV by default?

Thanks again for the info and the screenies!
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

No tweaking required to get the game to start in S3D. Like the recent TR games, there is a pre-game menu that pops up where you can select exclusive full-screen. That's it! The game is DX12, so no fix is currently possible, but luckily, with the tweaks mentioned in my earlier posts, the game is very playable in S3D without one.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Currently I am still occupied by two gems of the past (Witcher 3 and Bioshock infinite - yeah, really late to he party). So if anything worth mentioning crosses your way while going through the game (I guess you would have done this anyway), it would be great if you could keep us informed, bigdogma! That would be great!
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

lohan wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:06 am Currently I am still occupied by two gems of the past (Witcher 3 and Bioshock infinite - yeah, really late to he party). So if anything worth mentioning crosses your way while going through the game (I guess you would have done this anyway), it would be great if you could keep us informed, bigdogma! That would be great!
You must have been reading my mind! :lol:

As I have made my way through the campaign, I have come across an issue that manifests itself in interior spaces.

I am a little over 8 hours into the game. The issue has occurred three times. It is (I think) a broken particle effect that only appears when 3DV is enabled, and can only be fixed by backing out of the game and turning 3DV off in the NV control panel.

The effect will take over part of the screen. The first two times it was simply annoying, but I could get past it fairly quickly, so I did not disable 3DV. The third time was in a boss fight while playing as Black Widow and the broken effect took over the entire screen and made the game unplayable... so I had to back out, disable 3DV and go back in. (It is possible that updating to a newer driver might fix this (I am on 451.48), but I haven't given that a go yet.)

Other than those three momentary problems, I am really pleased at just how good the game looks and plays in 3DV (again, with the tweaks mentioned above.) There is every reason why we shouldn't be able to enjoy Marvel Avengers in 3DV but, with a little patience and a little forgiveness... voila!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

8 hours in and only that issue, sounds really good! How's the game by the way, is it good?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Thanks for posting, this could be the push I need to finally get Win10.. sigh..

I have to admit that I'm not exactly stunned, the lack of shadows and SAO is very obvious !

Have you tried ading Reshade, it's MXAO looks great in 3D ?
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:36 am Thanks for posting, this could be the push I need to finally get Win10.. sigh..

I have to admit that I'm not exactly stunned, the lack of shadows and SAO is very obvious !

Have you tried ading Reshade, it's MXAO looks great in 3D ?
I have not tried reshade... will have to give it a look.

With regard to shadows... it might just be me, but once I am playing and moving around in a game, I really don't notice that they are missing - unless it's some kind of platform game where I need them to land a jump.
Dorkirt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dorkirt »

I am not able even to start the game with 3d vision enabled on Nvidia panel. It just launch the game and then it closes. Windows 10 1809 with driver 425.06 and the patch from 3d fix manager ..... :cry:
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Dorkirt wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:59 am I am not able even to start the game with 3d vision enabled on Nvidia panel. It just launch the game and then it closes. Windows 10 1809 with driver 425.06 and the patch from 3d fix manager ..... :cry:
Not sure if I can help you, but I didn't use 3DFM to install the driver, and I do not use the DCH version.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Dorkirt wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:59 am I am not able even to start the game with 3d vision enabled on Nvidia panel. It just launch the game and then it closes.
I didn't test with this game yet but I have this behavior with a few games so far like rdr2, horizon zero dawn...
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Chtiblue wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:16 pm
Dorkirt wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:59 am I am not able even to start the game with 3d vision enabled on Nvidia panel. It just launch the game and then it closes.
I didn't test with this game yet but I have this behavior with a few games so far like rdr2, horizon zero dawn...
Strange... I get 3DV to kick-in in all three with no crashing (although RDR2 is severely broken.)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

thebigdogma wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:53 pm
Chtiblue wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:16 pm
Strange... I get 3DV to kick-in in all three with no crashing (although RDR2 is severely broken.)
I remebered DJRK had the same issue with RDR2

I'm on last nvidia driver.

Perhaps it's because of my Edid hack of my 4k TV?...
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

My setup is pretty simple... no Afterburner, no multiple monitors, etc.

W10-1903 and W8.1 dual-boot/1070-451.48 (Standard)/ASUS VG278H/Oculus Rift.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Afterburner is not a problem but I have multiple monitors (a nd one and Atmos ampli via HDMI too) I have to check with them unplugged!
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

thebigdogma wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:39 am My setup is pretty simple... no Afterburner, no multiple monitors, etc.

Could you please share some more screenshots :D ?
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

floph wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:26 pm
thebigdogma wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:39 am My setup is pretty simple... no Afterburner, no multiple monitors, etc.

Could you please share some more screenshots :D ?
I'll try... but taking 3D screens in dx12 is really hit-and-miss. I just took 10 and they were all black screens. It is very random as to when it works.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Oh well, some more screenies would be very nice indeed. Especially some that give a good impression of the various characters. But if it's a total hit-and-miss affair like you said, then maybe you can tell us what exactly has to be sacrificed to be able to play the game in glorious 3D Vision.

If I got you right you already said, that shadows have to be turned off completely. What about other specific effects. You said that you started with the lowest graphics-preset. I really would like to know how high you can go here before the game becomes unplayable. Or did you really go with the lowest graphics-preset with no way to go any higher?
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

lohan wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:26 am Oh well, some more screenies would be very nice indeed. Especially some that give a good impression of the various characters. But if it's a total hit-and-miss affair like you said, then maybe you can tell us what exactly has to be sacrificed to be able to play the game in glorious 3D Vision.

If I got you right you already said, that shadows have to be turned off completely. What about other specific effects. You said that you started with the lowest graphics-preset. I really would like to know how high you can go here before the game becomes unplayable. Or did you really go with the lowest graphics-preset with no way to go any higher?
Here are my Graphics settings:

AO: HBAO+
LOD: Ultra
Tesselation: On
VFX Quality: Low
Texture Filtering: 16X
Texture Quality: High
Enhanced Water: On
Enhanced Destruction: On

All other settings set to "Off" and you must have AA turned off under the Display menu.

I was able to get a menu screen shot today...
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Thanks alot for the continuous support, bigdogma!
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

I am about to get this game today, so this is a question for all of you who already finished the campaign in glorious 3D Vision. Am I right that the full campaign can be played in 3D Vision without major issues (beside this one particle effect issue that forces you to disable 3D Vision during that specific boss fight you mentioned, bigdogma)?
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Finished the Campaign and am continuing the post-Campaign single-player missions... all good - no issues other than the ones I mentioned earlier.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Half a year later and still I didn't try it yet! Since apparently a lot of updates happened in the meantime, is anyone here who can confirm that the game is still very playable in 3D as it was back in September '20 (the restrictions reported by bigdogma considered, of course)? 2 weeks ago the big next-gen upgrade for consoles was released. I don't know if this also affected the PC-version.

If the game is still playable in 3D Vision I would like to give it a try now. Anyone?
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I tried playing it on 3d and gave up, too many issues for me using the low depth high convergence method, specially further along in the campaign, so I finished the game in 2d. The campaign is pretty good though, some repetitive missions but nice game overall.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

The update sunk it for 3DV. It was sort of passable in its original state, but no bueno now.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Well, that answers the question! :-(
Thanks skyrimer & big dogma...
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”