Possible to trick Starcraft 2 into 3D support for Geo 11?

chriscarson81
One Eyed Hopeful

Possible to trick Starcraft 2 into 3D support for Geo 11?

Post by chriscarson81 »

Hello Team mtcs3d.

Big long time fan of 3D gaming here.
I'm very excited about the new Geo 11 driver. It's working with Starcraft 2 on my handheld GDP Win3 and I have an awesome GOOVIS headset in which to enjoy brilliant SBS on the go. The 3d for Starcraft 2 works, however is not optimal since I can't activate the games own internal/native 3d support unless it detects appropriate drivers and activates the STEREOSCOP 3D panel in the options menu. Obviously the GPD Win3 does not have an Invidia GPU. Instead it's rockin' an Intel Gen12 Iris Xe, which has plenty of horsepower to run SC2. Any ideas on how I might be able to trick SC2 so that I get the stereoscopic mouse/UI support that the game has hiding within it???
If I could turn on the games 3D support and use Geo 11... My dreams will have come true!

Thank you so much in advance,
Chris
chriscarson81
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Possible to trick Starcraft 2 into 3D support for Geo 11?

Post by chriscarson81 »

Another thought... If anyone has SC2 and has the ability to turn on stereocopic mode... Could you possibly check if it records the boolean for on/off and the divergence in the C:Users\<name>\Documents\Starcraft II\Variables.txt file?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hmmm, Well I checked this last year in August and I think I had my 1080GTX and it worked perfect with Geo-11 but I had the nvidia 3D Driver installed and an older nvidia driver.

I seen in that post that someone wanted to see if this still worked and I checked it but this time I have a 3070RTX and even when the 3D is enabled in the game the 3D is broke.

Also I checked the Divergence setting and seen no such setting in the variables.txt file?? Should it just say divergence?

But the 3D is not broke for you in the menus? In the game it looks like the UI/HUD is off a bit..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

chriscarson81 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:33 pm Another thought... If anyone has SC2 and has the ability to turn on stereocopic mode... Could you possibly check if it records the boolean for on/off and the divergence in the C:Users\<name>\Documents\Starcraft II\Variables.txt file?
Well I put in my 1080ti and ran SCII and turned off Stereo in the options menu and it turned off in the variables file.. so yes it does turn off and on there but the 3D is broke a bit still.. especially when going to verses and choosing terran the earth if broke in 3D..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
chriscarson81
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chriscarson81 »

Thank you so much for checking on these settings, I greatly appreciate your time and feedback!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

chriscarson81 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:10 pm Hello Team mtcs3d.

Big long time fan of 3D gaming here.
Any ideas on how I might be able to trick SC2 so that I get the stereoscopic mouse/UI support that the game has hiding within it???
If I could turn on the games 3D support and use Geo 11... My dreams will have come true!

Thank you so much in advance,
Chris
I do not think even if you could enable 3D in the game the mouse/UI would be in 3D. I just tired running in dx9 mode and the mouse/UI was not in 3D but the rest was?? Maybe it did work but since I can not get it to run in the DX11 mode not sure I can tell otherwise..

Hope you find a solution but are you using the dx9 version? If so you could get a shaderhacker to fix it for you maybe that would work?

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”