geo-11 Pinball FX3 - Exits on startup

BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

geo-11 Pinball FX3 - Exits on startup

Post by BazzaLB »

I tried running Pinball FX3 with the Fix from the Helixblog site. This is 32 bit game. It exits on startup with the helixblog fix. The game does run OK in geo-11 (TAB) without the fix installed but with the fix installed just exits on startup.

I think this is a free game on steam with trial tables. Has anyone had any luck getting the game to run with the fix installed?
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: geo-11 Pinball FX3 - Exits on startup

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

The fix by itself works fine for FX3. I cannot get it to work with geo-11 though as it just exits. I removed a few shader overrides from the fix to get the game to start with geo-11 but it has so many issues its not playable with geo-11. This is one of the very few games I have that I have failed to get going using geo-11. Looks like I’ll have to keep playing this on my older machine for now without geo-11.

I have so many pinball games and tables its not funny. VR mostly and FX3 using 3D. This includes Visual Pinball VR, Future Pinball BAM-VR, Zaccharia Pinball VR, Pinball FX2 VR. I like building VR rooms for Visual Pinball and animating 3D models for them using Mixamo. Great fun. Can never have too much pinball.
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:14 am I hadn't played this in awhile, but I had noticed it setting in my download que for an update.
So I updated it and tried it, it seems that the update somehow broke the fix, but not in the conventional way it seems.
It seems that it has something to do with connecting to their servers and updating the leader boards, etc...

The solution is to enter -offline in the Steam launch command, this disables certain game play elements, but single player is still available.

I hope this helps, this is without Geo-11

Edit: hmm, it was exiting all the time, but after playing offline for awhile I was going to retest somethings I thought of, but now it just works.

What I was going to try is ... launching with Administrative privileges and/or updating the 3DMigoto DLL to the latest version (it's 32bit)
Can you (or anyone else) see if this works with geo-11 combined with the helix fix? I just want to see if its just my setup or not. I think the game is free with one table included. The game works fine with the just the fix. The game works fine in geo-11 without the fix (just broken obviously but it kicks in geo-11 TAB mode just fine). However, with both geo-11 and the helix fix the game just exits / crashes.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I had a look and it seesm some of the fixed files make the game not launch. try Downloading these files and delete your others and install these only and the game should launch with the new version of Geo11. The thing now is when ingame playing a table it did not show for me just a backround with no pinball table . So it is still broke with Geo-11.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

The_Nephilim wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:52 am Well I had a look and it seesm some of the fixed files make the game not launch. try Downloading these files and delete your others and install these only and the game should launch with the new version of Geo11. The thing now is when ingame playing a table it did not show for me just a backround with no pinball table . So it is still broke with Geo-11.
Thanks for that. Tried your files and yes I get the same now with no table visible and just the background. Looks like geo-11 and this game do not mix.

Thanks for verifying.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Your Welcome too bad it did not work.. I did try with the origianl version of Geo-11 also it had the same issue..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
skyguy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by skyguy »

Ok, I heard this game can be fixed by using the fake_back_buffer=2 didn't help me

The game closes on launch. Using geo 11 6.56 for tab with 4070

I put in the Pinball FX3 3dvision fixes from the forum and then I copied the geo 11 dll over except for the dx3d.ini.

Any suggestions?

Ok loading in a updated Geo 11 fixed the game from closing. Now I can get the game to run in 3d but on the Star Wars Han solo map, the reflections are showing up in both eyes. the reflections have that problem on other maps too but that map is more obvious.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

nvm

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”