[How-to] Use PotPlayer to play 3D videos/movies and YouTube in 3D Vision

3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

[How-to] Use PotPlayer to play 3D videos/movies and YouTube in 3D Vision

Post by 3DJ »

EDIT:
You can skip steps 1, 2, 5 and 6 if you use this tool (which also adds Blu-ray 3D support): https://github.com/ThreeDeeJay/PotPlaye ... ses/latest

1- Install latest version of PotPlayer (latest tested working: 1.7.21953)

2- In NVIDIA profile inspector (2.3.0.13 or earlier), select the DaumPot Player profile then set StereoProfile flag to Yes. Also add PotPlayerMini64.exe if you use the 64 bit version.

3- Right-click PotPlayer window > Open > Open File(s)... or Open URL... > paste URL > OK or Install PotPlayer YouTube Shortcut for Firefox or Chrome to send current/selected text URL to PotPlayer. You can even enqueue entire playlists like this one. To play Twitch 3D livestreams/VODs/highlights/clips, just install this extension. Some examples

4- Select the highest video quality available (Full resolution 1080p 3D will show up on YouTube as 4K or 2160p60)

5- 3D button > 3D Video output (screen) > NVIDIA 3D vision, enable 3D and specify SBS like this

6- If you're not already seeing 3D in windowed mode, go to > Preferences > Video > Force Exclusive mode > Enable: A little slow (with GUI support)
Then click maximize/go into fullscreen when the video starts playing to trigger 3D Vision.

Tips:
- Force the aspect ratio so you don't have to manually switch between half/full resolution SBS/TAB. Right click viewport > Aspect Ratio > 16:9 (depends on the video but most will use this)
- To stop PotPlayer from opening twice or more, right click the viewport > Preferences > Multiple instances > Disable (Play files in existing PotPlayer instance)

Troubleshooting:
- Frames flickering without triggering 3D Vision? Make sure your desktop resolution is set to 120hz
- PotPlayer displaying SBS even with all the right settings from step 4? Driver update might've reset the profile so follow step 2 again.
- Video still plays in 2D or SBS? Renderers like madVR don't seem to work so you should switch back to the default one. Otherwise, make sure 3D Vision is enabled, using the emitter and use fullscreen exclusive as shown in step 6.
If anyone has issues or suggestions, let me know so I can update the guide.
Last edited by 3DJ on Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 20 times in total.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: [How-to] stream 3D videos from YouTube/Twitch directly into NVIDIA 3D Vision

Post by 3DJ »

Found a way to stream from Twitch so updated the guide
AcidBong
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: [How-to] stream 3D videos from YouTube/Twitch directly into 3D Vision

Post by AcidBong »

What do I do if there are none of those StereoProfile settings in Nvidia inspector, therefore unable to make potplayer trigger 3d?
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: [How-to] stream 3D videos from YouTube/Twitch directly into 3D Vision

Post by 3DJ »

AcidBong wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:53 pm What do I do if there are none of those StereoProfile settings in Nvidia inspector, therefore unable to make potplayer trigger 3d?
The Inspector download I posted shows StereoProfile.
Did you scroll down to find it in the 7 - Stereo section?
also did you install the 3D Vision driver? You'd need 3D Fix Manager for that.
Other than that, I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: [How-to] Use PotPlayer to play 3D videos/movies and YouTube in 3D Vision

Post by 3DJ »

Uhh, yes? I'm not sure why you'd point that out. Obviously you'd need 3D Vision set up and enabled, but that's not enough to make PotPlayer work.
inb4 just a bot >.>
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I made a thread about posts like this, you need to report them.
If you quote the post, you can see that it contains a malicious link.

viewtopic.php?t=26680 Countering Forum Spam
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

Already reported.
So the link is only visible/clickable when quoted by someone? Seemed kinda pointless, then I realized it probably relies on legit users' quote message copy to remain up/visible/clickable permanently if the original gets deleted. Maybe an admin/mods could figure out how to filter out posts with hidden links, if there's even anyone active lol
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Yes, I reported the post.

It seems like they are incorrectly using the parameters for the post to show up, #ffffff is the color for white,
but it's possible the forum needs the english word and not hex code, and thus it breaks? Dunno

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”