Lg Tv. Line InterLaced, Checkerboard, Sequential 3D - GONE Need help to restore.

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Lg Tv. Line InterLaced, Checkerboard, Sequential 3D - GONE Need help to restore.

Post by mycop »

Hello. I have uh95 series of LG TV but my POST also for all 3d tv owner of TV 2015-2016 ( UF, UH, C6.... etc even UB) years maybe more.
WHEN you click 3d Button on yor tv it show few options:
SBS
Tab(OU)
2d-to 3d

But on earlies models(like UB series of 2014-2015 ) thera are more options
Checker board
Row Interlaced
ALL polirized 3dTv work with line interlaced by default and convert all format to it...but NOT his own....This is nonsense!

As i know...part of UF series sheeped with this options but AFTER firmware upgrade it disapears. (thats wy i wanted to continue this thread viewtopic.php?f=115&t=15309 but...it is huge diference...)
I dont have another TV and ask you for Check please wich type of 3d you have
Plesse write next example:
LG 65UH95
SBS
TAB
Convert
Firmware : from 3.10.1 - 5.30.10
It is a litle deviation.

Natural i need to find solution to take this options BACK!
Maybe someone already do something?
Last edited by mycop on Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Re: Lg Tv. Line InterLaced and Checkerboard 3D - GONE Need help to restore.

Post by Grant S »

I just picked up a used LG 3DTV from 2013 model 60LM7200 UA. I've only had it a few months. When I first got it I tried to update it, no updates were available or no longer supported.

There are a few games I've tried in 3D that did not give me the option to choose the 3D format and subsequently do not work in 3D on this device regardless of the driver I've tried. NV3D/Tridef and IZ3D all fail. The games I'm talking about have limited resolution options. F.E.A.R is one of them. It will launch with Tridef in SBS, but the option to choose SBS is missing from the LG 3D options for that game, it just goes to their fake 3D mode.

I don't like to come to conclusions, but it seems it's only capable of playing games in 3D that are capable of 720p @ 60hrz or 1080p @ 24hrz. Only a few games I've tried haven't worked so far and can get everything working with some modding I'm sure.

Not sure if that is related to the issue you're getting, if that doesn't sound familiar have you tried a factory reset? That will be in your LG settings "initial settings"
PPorquer3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PPorquer3D »

Grant S wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:08 am I just picked up a used LG 3DTV from 2013 model 60LM7200 UA. I've only had it a few months. When I first got it I tried to update it, no updates were available or no longer supported.

There are a few games I've tried in 3D that did not give me the option to choose the 3D format and subsequently do not work in 3D on this device regardless of the driver I've tried. NV3D/Tridef and IZ3D all fail. The games I'm talking about have limited resolution options. F.E.A.R is one of them. It will launch with Tridef in SBS, but the option to choose SBS is missing from the LG 3D options for that game, it just goes to their fake 3D mode.

I don't like to come to conclusions, but it seems it's only capable of playing games in 3D that are capable of 720p @ 60hrz or 1080p @ 24hrz. Only a few games I've tried haven't worked so far and can get everything working with some modding I'm sure.

Not sure if that is related to the issue you're getting, if that doesn't sound familiar have you tried a factory reset? That will be in your LG settings "initial settings"
The way to make your games activate the 3D is to make them run a "3d" resolution, i have an older model LG that only activates with 1920x1080 in vga mode &
Using hdmi it activates with 1920x1080 & 1280x720.

Now, in my case i can't be too picky, i need some games to run in a resolution of 480 by 480 for frame-rate reasons- what you do is customize the resolution in your graphic card's panel.
what you do is this:

you customize the highest 3d resolution you have & change the values see here:

so basically you are running the game with a low resolution, but it is using all the active pixels that trigger the 3D button options. - this technique may not work with some video cards - i know for sure that my vga output on this very machine makes a weird messy mozaic when i do this - it could be the limitations of vga.

I use iz3d- by the way - can't figure out how to make it work in windows 10

@mycop,
my old tv set has the checkered option & the "flip" option, but they are ghosted - the only way the flip option works is with the 3d video player (i had to watch a ghost in the shell animation that way)

after the update, factory reset might not bring those back -
the new programming is "burned" to your tv set, the only way to to have them again is to "flash" your tv with the old firmware - try to talk to a technician, see if there is a secret menu that you could access that might activate them - a secret menu can help with a lot of things -
example
ghosting issues with 3d games on consoles like the xbox360
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

so basically you are running the game with a low resolution,
You actuly forgot about one litle thing.... in your example - pictures will be a smaaaaal rectangle
"flash" your tv with the old firmware
For my TV i tried all firmware. It actual for 2015 users.who maybe update.
I just expect to find a solution or an idea. Unfortunately, I do not know the technicians who understand the issue.
Oficial support not help me NEVER
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Thanks D-man, I'll check it out
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:40 pm I've had several LG Passive 3D TVs, Row Interleaved was never an option on any of them.
row and line is equal or diferent for you? (its for my understand) cuz i saw that mode in LG. Finding fault with words?
BTW, you should know that, any time a stereoscopic Line Interleaved image is sent to a Line Interlaced Passive 3D HDTV, it is instantly shown in 3D.
No user interaction is needed, no 3D format selection is needed, due to the technology of the polarized filter. Simply put on your glasses
And again... say it to another Resolution except native.
3DNovice wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:46 pm @mycop
For 4K LED/OLED Passive 3D HDTVs
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=23495
Same song started... read topic CLEARFULY.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

lol clearfully? Possibly your gibberish to English translation software is failing you, no?
PPorquer3D wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:09 am
Grant S wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:08 am I just picked up a used LG 3DTV from 2013 model 60LM7200 UA. I've only had it a few months. When I first got it I tried to update it, no updates were available or no longer supported.

The way to make your games activate the 3D is to make them run a "3d" resolution, i have an older model LG that only activates with 1920x1080 in vga mode &
Using hdmi it activates with 1920x1080 & 1280x720.

Thank you Sir, but no issues launching games here that support 1080 or 720. Just a few that I would have to mod the game if I were to want to play them on the LGTV. They play great on the 3D projector so I won't bother with those since I gave up fixing what isn't broke. I've been using SBS on this, out of habit. From what I'm reading, there are better output methods that I need to explore for passive.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

lol clearfully? Possibly your gibberish to English translation software is failing you, no?
Probably yes. But i Already apologises about my bad english before. For example Thats WHY i siriously asked about ROW and LIne. Maybe we talked about diferent terms.
So your joke is pretty low. I hope you're not one of those assholes who poke a finger at people with poor eyesight.

Back to Thread.
You cant use line interlaced 3d at 1080 or 720 or something else resolution if you have 2k or 4k tv or monitor for example. But it is already oftop.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Really cute how you are now trying to play the stricken deer lol. The folks that have been answering you, that you have been arguing with, have extensive knowledge on the subject. Most are involved in the fixes that make 3D possible now. It's not them that are confused, it is you.

The one and only thing you've got right so far is that I'm an bum-exit. One thing assholes are good at is spotting another bum-exit :idea:

Seriously there is no one in this forum that would not like to see you back in 3D getting your game on. They are probably not going to argue with you about your fantasies.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

I beg pardon. did not recognize the troll. I'm getting old...

I don’t need to argue with all smart people. I only care about competent technical dialogue. just imagine. I also studied for a long time and i KNOW what i asked about. Who care...
You dont you cant...you not need it... What your equipment...
Anything except what was asked.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Well, in English your posts read out like total troll to be honest. I have a feeling you're not trying to be. Trust me, it angers me to see anyone that wants to game in 3D be denied that. Especially those that invested in it and had their investment vanish when they go out of business or arbitrarily decide that 3D is no longer relevant .

As far as your frustration with what others post in your threads, that's the nature of the internet. What you want them to discuss is not relevant, they're trying to help but you don't want to hear the truth. If it continues, things are going to get real colorful between you and me, but I'll still hold out hope that you get back in the game. The way you're going about it is all wrong.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

I understand that you're just banter on me, and I'm wasting my time ...
But I will explain. Not for you, but perhaps for those who maybe come later.
LG does use open source, only as a base. But Everything related to this topic is already a proprietary part of the files.
Fixing the firmware or writing your own (haha-surprise) is not the biggest problem.
The problem is that it simply will not start on these devices due to the lack of a digital signature of the firmware. With the old TV it was possible. with the advent of webos - no.
Actually it could be ONE of the ways and was subject to discussion. But as I said. I was wrong with the forum.
PPorquer3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PPorquer3D »

@mycop

i checked on my tv again & the checkerdboard & what seems to be page flip/frame sequencial options are only active using HDMI & the highest resolution (1920x1080)

any other resolution makes them "Ghosted"
here is what my 3d mode menu looks like:

2D to 3D, Side by Side, Top & Bottom, Checkerboard and Frame Sequential formats -

again, the only way that i can see that you could get your options back is to have some technical manuals website, - or technician you can contact on the internet - give you an older version of the firmware for you to flash to the set -

this menu appears in the LG 47-inch LW6500 - & it also is available in the much older & non-smart
42lw5000-uc software version 03.30.01

what is the model where you have this bad experience? - maybe the model you have never had those modes, download the user's manual & find out
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Lg Tv. Line InterLaced, Checkerboard, Sequential 3D - GONE Need help to restore.

Post by mycop »

Earlier I said that I have already tried all the Firmwares versions for my TV.
Your TV seems to be on the Netcast platform, but the modes began to disappear on webos.
For example, what the picture looks like on a TV with WEBOS 1 series UB (2014-2015)
In new versions, part of the mode began to be hidden. They are still there but are not displayed. I see two ways here. pick the firmware. More on this a little higher.
The second option is the service port and commands. I think this is a little more real for this problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PPorquer3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Lg Tv. Line InterLaced, Checkerboard, Sequential 3D - GONE Need help to restore.

Post by PPorquer3D »

OK based on the picture that you posted,

those 2 modes to the far right - those have dissappeared from a lot of 3d tv's because they became unnecessary (sort of)

if you show an interlaced image, vertical or horizontal anywhere on your screen & put on your glasses - it will be 3d without turning the switch on -

for example - if i play a 1920 by 1080 interlaced movie on my screen right now in full screen, i don't have to do anything on the tv' remote, all i have to do is put on the glasses.

Service mode command maybe the only option now.

The hidden remote control codes & menus that i mentioned earlier maybe gone in the new tv's - & now the only way to access those menus is the service port -
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

PPorquer3D wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:42 am those 2 modes to the far right - those have dissappeared from a lot of 3d tv's because they became unnecessary (sort of)
for example - if i play a 1920 by 1080 interlaced movie on my screen right now in full screen, i don't have to do anything on the tv' remote, all i have to do is put on the glasses.
We have already discussed what you are talking about, above. if the resolution corresponds to the native resolution of the matrix then there will be no problems with interlaced mode and the button is not needed. But what if you choose any other resolution? Nothing will work. For this, as I assume, this regime exists. You send a signal, press a button and the TV begins to process the signal, converting it into the format him need. (as well, as SBS\TAB)
So you have half the trouble. you have FULLHD Matrix, but what should those with 4k do? For gaming is real problem.
The hidden remote control codes & menus that i mentioned earlier maybe gone in the new tv's - & now the only way to access those menus is the service port -
About the service port. YES, I think it is. and I would try. the problem is that my model is European and unlike the American one ( by the service manual) does not have a service port.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Truly sorry to see there seems like no easy answer. I doubt it will help but I found an old activator from E-Dimensional/ Razor 3D. Not their game driver, it simply turns on and off 3D. I just tried it in Win 7 and Win 10 build 1909 and oddly enough. It still works in both. It was for activating 3D for 3D movies. Not an installation, just a single file less than 1mb, that when you click on it, gives a tray icon, right clicking gives interleaved, over under, and page flipped option. On interleave when I go to properties and test it, it is working. Not sure it will help but can't rule out you may be able to do something with it in conjunction with other software. https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0pjcgkk4sw7hum/E-D.exe?dl=0
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Sorry double post
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “3D HDTVs”