Chasm the Rift

lay72
Two Eyed Hopeful

Chasm the Rift

Post by lay72 »

Hi to all, lately I'm playing this gothic old school FPS, it's really amazing! Chasm the Rift is a quake style FPS, developed in 1997, about a years ago, a remaster of the game come out!
now the game support modern OS, widescreen resolution and above, it has 3 different render mode in game options: DirectX 11, DirectX 12 and Vulkan.
While in DirectX 11 and Vulkan mode, the game remains in 2D, in DirectX 12 it support 3D vision out of the box and apart some issue, like sky at different depths, main weapon disappearing from the screen (only crosshair remain at screen) and a general depth of field that is too deep and not adjustable, the game is really amazing in 3D vision! I wonder, is there a way to fix it, using geo 11 or Vulkan 3D vision, without a specifically fix, or it need a fix at all?
it would be nice to play this great classic in glorious 3D! apologize me , for my bad english...I'm Italian! :mrgreen:
here a video: https://youtu.be/wcXif4xIXoM
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Chasm the Rift

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lay72
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by lay72 »

Hi 3DNovice, thank you very much for the reply! so, if I understand well, you used 3D migoto 64 bit loader to run the game in 3D vision DirectX 11 mode, right?
so, now the game run well in 3D vision or not? I just always used 3D fixes on Helixmod blog and I've never messed around with anything else, but if it's not too complicated, I could try to do something...
Have I to install 3DMigoto and 3DMigoto 64 bit loader in the main game folder? right? Can you pass me a link for it, please?
Any help it very appreciated...thank you!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I was curious yesterday so I downloaded the demo and coincidentally got to the same conclusion as 3DNovice about having to use the loader.
However, it looks like this is one of the very very few games that geo-11 doesn't like. The game is running and you can hear it, but the screen is completely black. Which doesn't happen with 3Dmigoto.
3DNovice wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:51 pm FWIW: they have also remade Blade of Darkness
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1710 ... _Darkness/
Original was: "Blade of Darkness" in North America, "Blade - Edge of Darkness" in Spain, and "Severance: Blade of Darkness" in all other countries.
Figures. That's a game that crashes at launch when I try to use 3Dmigoto. I didn't try with the loader yet.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”