3Dmigoto & reshade d3d11.dll juggling

WaterVes82
One Eyed Hopeful

3Dmigoto & reshade d3d11.dll juggling

Post by WaterVes82 »

I'm a new 3dmigoto user. I also use the Reshade .
They both have dlls that go into the game folder.
Problem is, reshades dll, I have to rename d3d11.dll in order the game can use it, for reshade to work.
3dmigoto has its own d3d11.dll it needs to work in the same folder.

Trying to get both of these programs going at the same time, but this dll issue im stuck at for days .
DarkStarSword replied to my github question concerning this .

DarkStarSword :
""Try naming ReShade something else entirely and chain loading it via 3DMigoto's proxy_d3d11 option ""

I basically to get that going. But figure I missed some important step . So far no luck.
Renamed Reshades d3d11.dll ; to reshade.dll . Then put that in the proxy entry in the 3dmigotos d3dx.ini :

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[System]
;proxy_d3d9=d3d9_helix.dll
proxy_d3d11=reshade.dll < ( to that )

So I saved the file and nothing appeared in game. Not reshade, and not migoto .

And sometimes this proxy entry caused the game to crash at start. Unless i removed or changed it .

I can easily get reshade or migoto working alone. But because of this dll issue i guess, i cant get them working together. Yet .

I come here seeking any experienced 3Dmigoto users advice. Or advice from bo3b and DarkStarSword .
WaterVes82
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3Dmigoto & reshade d3d11.dll juggling

Post by WaterVes82 »

3dmigoto is working i should add. but not reshade yet .because the dll .
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I am not a programmer, but as 3dmigoto and reshade(?) are open source, would it be at all conceivable to be able to combine code for both dll files and then compile into a single d3d11.dll, thereby retaining the features of both simultaneously?
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
WaterVes82
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by WaterVes82 »

that would be great. wish someone would consider doing it .
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

I always used reshade and migoto together by rename the reshade d3d11.dll to dxgi.dll but not sure about new Versions. My Info are 2y old
WaterVes82
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by WaterVes82 »

Losti wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:49 am I always used reshade and migoto together by rename the reshade d3d11.dll to dxgi.dll but not sure about new Versions. My Info are 2y old
I was told may be able to do this using a side by side manifest.
place the files in sub directories and define an sxs manifest to allow the executable to locate them.
I found this software, but maybe unrelated unsure https://www.manifestmaker.com/sxsdownload.htm .

The game only seems to recognize Reshade, if i rename the dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll then it works .

But 3Dmigoto as already explained, uses a dll with the same name, d3d11.dll. I been repeating this to myself all day yesterday .

Maybe i can get into the dell and edit something.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”