Diablo II: Resurrected

Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Diablo II: Resurrected

Post by Rhialto »

What are the chances this will be playable in 3D?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRP62MGOrUo
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected

Post by Lysander »

Given that it's probably DX11 and actual 3D (as in 3D geometric models instead of 2D sprites) - good chances (after a fix, of course).
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Well, considering it's Blizzard and that there's an online component to the game, there there's a significant possibility that there may be some anti-cheat / anti-tampering code in place that could make a fix problematic or impossible, even if it's DX11. There's also good reason to believe if could be DX12 since I think they switched WoW over to DX12 a while back, did they not?

But if none of that's the case, and a fix is possible, then I've always loved the series (and ARPG's in general) so I'll most certainly be looking at this if masterotaku doesn't have intention to do so himself. I'm not sure how he feels about the Diablo series, but since he made the fix for Grim Dawn it's reasonable to think he might be interested in this, and I would defer to him if he does since he's a lot more consistent with his work than I am, and I wouldn't want to hold back a likely better handled fix from the community just because I'm a fan of the series. But either way, rest assured that this game will be covered if a fix is possible.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

awesome :)
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Doesn't it (the remake) use prerendered backgrounds too? It looked like that in the trailer. That means zero chance of a 3D fix UNLESS some trickery can be done like I did for Final Fantasy IX (background layers had some depth awareness. Not perfect, but better than nothing).

If nothing can be done, it would be like Pillars of Eternity and games like that. Having models in 3D but a screen depth flat background (I didn't try anything with this game, btw).
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

they said everything has been remade in 3D. So I would take that as 100%, not some 2D/3D hybrid (which wouldn't make sense since they're already doing so much work on the 3D part). I think the lighting effects confirm it?
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

masterotaku wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:25 am Doesn't it (the remake) use prerendered backgrounds too? It looked like that in the trailer.
Oh man, really? The trailer fooled me, I thought it was all fully 3D geometry. Some scenes in it appear have some dynamic lighting effects, speculars, screenspace reflections, etc. There's the scene with the bridge over lava, where the lava is animated. If that's all prerendered then damn, that's some pretty good stuff.
Lysander wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:29 am they said everything has been remade in 3D. So I would take that as 100%, not some 2D/3D hybrid (which wouldn't make sense since they're already doing so much work on the 3D part). I think the lighting effects confirm it?
Ok cool, I thought I remembered hearing that before but I certainly couldn't cite anything.

As always, looks like we'll just have to wait and see.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

DJ-RK wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:57 am Ok cool, I thought I remembered hearing that before but I certainly couldn't cite anything.

As always, looks like we'll just have to wait and see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3dL7ZeIAsE

5'48".
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I stand corrected then. That video shows other places and more calmly than the trailer (which was short and dark). They recreated very well the look of the old game. Character animations, camera...
It looks prerendered but I guess it just looks really good at imitating that :p.

Excitement x 1000. I'm not fond of Blizzard, though. We'll see, depending on the price and if they force online or not.
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

I guess nobody was invited for the Alpha or we would have heard of you here?
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Not I, but I tried.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

And I didn't even try.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I think masterotaku got a key, but after fixing 48 Yakuza games, he decided to chill and is doing Andariel runs with an Amazon.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Sorry lads, I played the beta. The game is dx12. (hence... "it has begun")
This is going to become a more common occurrence obviously with the new console gen.
it does start in 3D as well and it looks ok in spots, but with no way to fix it....
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

oh damn :(
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Tried asking Vicarious Vision about the project if DX11 and DX12 or DX12 only but no answer in over a week. Minimum System Requirements not yet updated. We should know soon. For better/wider compatibility I expect both 11&12. It would be awesome if we could enjoy it in 3D.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

3D comes on and looks great in the character select screen. Once the game comes on there is no 3D. Will try the driver hack and starting through 3D Fix Manager.

I was able to get the game installed in 3D Fix Manager, it said at the beginning you don't need the driver hack would you like to turn it off... at which point now the game starts and there is no 3D at all available. Is there a way to reset that to keep the hack on? I am not seeing it. I still was not able to see if 3D will stay on once the actual game starts beyond the character select screen with the driver hack.

Edit: So as of now whenever I start the game it is deactivating 3D Vision. I am hearing the little chime when you disconnect something. I rechecked "enable 3D" in the settings but it still shuts it off when starting the game, I think it believes the game is 2D.. it may have said something about that the first time the game started I am not sure. (i.e this is a 2D game would you like to disable 3D)

Is there a way to reset everything? I did hit reset in the settings but I am still getting the deacticvation of the driver when starting the game (and hearing the little chime)

I am still not totally sure it is 2D. It might be. It looks like it could be made 3D to me.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Open beta is running, free for everyone to try! I'm amazed by the new graphics and only wish it will be playable in 3D at sopme point.

For now I'll go press the bug report button hundreds of times and beg for this and point them over this thread.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Now that it's officially launched... I see the character selection screen in 3D! Just a small glitch with left eye being darker. I could not go in game and see if 3D is working as they have issues now.
mercier1200
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mercier1200 »

Did you do something special to lauch the game when 3d is active in control panel.

For me, the game always crash automatically. This is with or without the hack.

I am still on 452.06 maybe it is needed to go to the latest driver?

The “start in admin mode” or “fullscreen optimisation” settings are useless…

Of course, no issue when 3d is deactivated (except no 3d hehe)
DeBeh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DeBeh »

For me it works generally. Still on driver 425.31 and Win10 1909.

In game just annoying flickering of shadows and where the light hits 3D objects.
Depending on depht and convergence more or less. But never away.
Issue is present regardless of any change in settings.

Not a pleasure to play with that.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

The game is DX12 only.....

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/ ... dx11/36437

"D2:Resurrected requires DirectX 12, which is only available on Windows 10 and the soon to be released Windows 11."

Means no fix possible. Game starts 3D only with 425.31 in 3D but broken as reported. NOT with 452.06.

Flickering shadows, unplayable ..... for me.....
mercier1200
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mercier1200 »

Ok thanks, nice to know that my crash issue is related with driver 452, will downgrade soon to test it.

Since this game did not exist back when driver 425 was released, the game have probably no profile when booting. Is adding the .exe to the "3d hub profile" or something else help in any way?

I also tried superdepth3d yesterday, but was unable to achieve something pleasant, the game have a depth map but result is... kinda flat (normally my attempts was better than that)
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

mercier1200 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:27 pm Ok thanks, nice to know that my crash issue is related with driver 452, will downgrade soon to test it.

Since this game did not exist back when driver 425 was released, the game have probably no profile when booting. Is adding the .exe to the "3d hub profile" or something else help in any way?

I also tried superdepth3d yesterday, but was unable to achieve something pleasant, the game have a depth map but result is... kinda flat (normally my attempts was better than that)

Superdepth3d -- by Bo3B -- is only working for DX11 games. Normal Reshade superdepth3d is working using projector. But it's probably pretty flat ... beause the broken 3D is also really flat....
Game is DX12, nothing will help you here to get it 3d fixed yet. Launching it in DX12 with driver 425 will enable 3D but its broken, not sure how peoples can play it this broken way ^^ BUT up to you... :woot
mercier1200
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mercier1200 »

Yeah, I used normal superdepth3d, i hava a projector, but like I said, result was blah. Maybe someone can share their settings if he think his result is good.

But like you said, normal 3d is a no-go.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Dang how come you dare to necro this thread? I thought someone finally had it working in glorious 3D. :-(
DeBeh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DeBeh »

Necromancers can reanimate many things ;-)

Experimented a bit more with it and 425 drivers.

Assigning D2R.exe in Nvidia Inspector to the game warframe enabled Compatibility Mode and no more flickering in this mode.
But this gives just depht for the HUD elements, in game I saw no difference to flat gaming.
After switching compatibility mode off it looks still okay. But with increased depht and convergence the flickering is back.

Additionally I tried several Reshade filters and came to Trails.fx. I use currently the setting 0.300, 0.400 and PS2 Style Echo.
Statically it reduced flickering to an amount that is to me somehow acceptable (kind of torch flickering).
Especially zoomed out and with high convergence (making the 3D objects in game pretty small) the attention is not that much on flickering surfaces of the few affected objects.
Dynamically it looks of course weird if you and others run. But in Diablo you rush anyhow through the world as a chipmunk, do you?
After restart of game it starts flat, so in Reshade Trails.fx settings one click on preprocessor definitions is necessary to bring 3D vision back.

High convergence makes the glove shaped mouse arrow almost unusable.
Therefore I switched to gamepad control - works better than I ever expected.

Since some evenings I give it a try now (use in addition qUINt_bloom fx and still searching for a good setting of MagicHDR.fx).
It is a very strange compromise, I know. But enjoying all the fine details in 3D is worth to proceed.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:33 am
DeBeh wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:05 pm Assigning D2R.exe in Nvidia Inspector to the game warframe enabled Compatibility Mode and no more flickering in this mode.
But this gives just depht for the HUD elements, in game I saw no difference to flat gaming.
Here's a compatibility profile list from 368.39 that I put together, I never redid it for newer drivers since I only used it a few times.

I would import it to make it easier to try default profiles, I never sorted out any that might be redundant.

CM Profiles 368.39.txt EDIT: (newer version here viewtopic.php?p=183815#p183815 )

NOTE!!!: The profiles for nvstview.exe, NVStWiz.exe and nvsttest.exe are not included, so they will not function until you reinstall the full profile list
However, Nvidia's Compatibility Mode will work.

Edit: also once you find a profile that works well, use Compatibilty Mode Unleashed by helifax
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... mentPage=2

Also there's a Superdepth build by bo3b that will work with 3D Vision monitors viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25819
So does this work w/ D2R? The link you provided says Superdepth is DX11 only.
Seeing a lot of information here not sure what is still referring to getting D2R to work with any kind of 3D. If anyone could clarify and/or give exact instructions for getting any kind of decently working 3D in D2R I would much appreciate it!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”