Dolphin Emulator (Wii, Gamecube) Supports Stereoscopic Mode

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
rixardion
One Eyed Hopeful

Dolphin Emulator (Wii, Gamecube) Supports Stereoscopic Mode

Post by rixardion »

Hey guys! Hope everyone's doing alright.

Hopefully this is the right forum. I assume the intention is to discuss 3d capability on the actual hardware, but since that didn't take off like we hoped it would, I figured it should be fine.

So I've been messing around with the Dolphin emulator lately and, 3d aside, I must say, it's been very impressive. I use my real wiimotes and can enjoy near perfect emulation of wii titles in full HD.

So I tried the stereoscopic sbs/ou mode in conjunction with bigscreen on the oculus (still using real wiimote), and it blew me away! The most jaw dropping game I tried was Metroid: Other M. This game looks absolutely amazing in 3d! I really didn't like the game much at release, but due to the 3d, I could see myself playing to the end.

That one game is the reason I'm making this post though others look good as well. I have tried about 10 or so games with varying degrees of success. Some games will look fantastic in one section, like an overhead map for instance, but look bad in the actual gameplay as a layer that is supposed to be in the foreground is in the back or vice versa. The only game I've tried that just doesn't work with it is Okami.

I just wanted to swing by and give a heads up! If you're into 3d gaming I absolutely recommend!
DillGill
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Dolphin Emulator (Wii, Gamecube) Supports Stereoscopic Mode

Post by DillGill »

I am working with another user to be ablet o share 3D fixes for the Dolphin games and we have been successful in making twilight Princess 3D shareable. We are testing Skyward Sword right now and ironing a few things out. When that is done, we can start distributing 3D fixes for Dolphin Games the way we do for PC games!
Anniewilson
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Anniewilson »

I really appreciate that you will districuting 3D fixes for Dolphin Games. Thanks!
Have a Good Day!
Esource Parts
PPorquer3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PPorquer3D »

i believe that you can post the fixes in the dolphin wiki - a lot of games has a compatibility wiki that informs people of what setting to use with some games.

I have a House of the dead texture pack that removes the bullet sparks, because they did not look right in 3d mode-

I am also looking for anyone willing to re-do the 3d renders of Resident Evil 1 remake for the game-cube - the static backgrounds can be patched with pre-rendered stereo images that should look correct when you activate the 3d mode... but it is work that has to be done by a pro...
starc52
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by starc52 »

is there some way to create fixes for character games interior dolphin? mainly, disabling certain pixel or vertex shaders like what's completed with the helixmod or 3dmigoto tools which can be used to restore 3-d in pc video games. 3dmigoto does work with these present day dolphin builds and may be used to restoration 3D troubles. is there a few way to restore the video games interior of dolphin so that we don't have to rely on an outside device?
I am using dolphin emulator to play super mario sunshine game and you can download super mario sunshine game at this site because this game graphics so good.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

Yes you can. As long as you use the version of Dolphin that utilizes 3dVision properly. Think it was either (3.5-255) or (4.0-6986). That would allow you to hook into 3dmigoto and you would be able to disable shaders. I did this with Twilight Princess. The water effects were broken at some places and had to be disabled. But im not the correct person to guide you through this. Can only confirm it is possible. There was some information on this at 3d vision forum. So you would need to do some digging over there. Think I spent some 6 hours setting it up. BOTW had me hooked in 3D. So I had to try more from Zelda.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... reovision/
This might be a good place to start...
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Lizzard and PPorquer3D, I should have listened and tried Dolphin 3D earlier. I greatly underestimated SuperDepth 3D. Dolphin's integration of SuperDepth really uses it to great advantage. I finally get to play Rogue Squadron 2 Rogue Leader in 3D with a proper flight stick. I took a few SBS 3D movie captures to compare the 3D to PC 3D solutions and find the 3D to be pretty equal.

Dolphin EMU 3D alive and well in 2022. Skies of Arcadia https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzo7i5n13d0oz ... a.mkv?dl=0 I screwed up the sound by routing on that one.

007 Nightfire https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcmnyu18lvnwf ... F.mp4?dl=0

Edit: come to find I mistook SuperDepth with real geo 3D for Dolphin. I'm using SuperDepth with other EMU's but Dolphin is the real deal
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Tried this emulator out recent to revisit an obscure under-appreciated title I could not find anywhere else.
Really nice in 3d at 4k although many the same issues with broken out-of-depth effects like general games. (I can't use SBS mode for only geo 3d.)

Return to “3D Console Gaming”