GEO11 Battlefield 4

theadzter
One Eyed Hopeful

GEO11 Battlefield 4

Post by theadzter »

I've tested BF4 a number of different ways. (32 bit & 64. With and without the loader)

It boots into game in SBS, but it's 2D all the way.

I'm also getting a little red warning about it not recognizing 'lens flares'.

Hopefully there's an easy update in future, coz this is one of those mp online games that lets you play online in 3D (and arguably, the best of the BF series). I've had it working in Vorpx, but only in z-mapped 3D (in G3D I get all kinds of flickering textures in Vorpx).
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: GEO11 Battlefield 4

Post by The_Nephilim »

Updated version to Version v0.6.56:

Interlaced and CheckerBoard modes added.
All _reverse modes added, e.g. sbs_reversed, interlaced_reversed.
BattleField 3 working in experimental 3D spoofing. No settings needed.
Upscaling fixes.
allow_platform_update=2 allows any SwapChain now. Helps 2022 Unity.
Fix exit crashes for UE4 in nvidia_dx9.
SyncInterval and Flags now available to override.

This version does not have extensive testing, barely used in fact. So please let us know if stuff is broken that worked before.

In particular, we don't have any way to test interlaced or checkerboard modes.

BattleField 3 was a 3D Vision Ready game, and Dave has created a way to make geo-11 pretend that it is 3D Vision, so the game will create the 3D images. The normal output modes work, nvidia_dx9 and nvidia_dx11 are not sure to work. Just drop the x32 version of the geo-11 files into game folder and it will work, no settings. (Before you ask- Tomb Raider is being tested, but doesn't yet work.)
Well it appears a new version is out for geo11 maybe this will help with B4 as well as with B3??

EDIT:Well I just tested it and it looked in 3D to me.. get the new version of Geo11 and try it out.. I will keep the game installed a little while longer for testing but I am not gonna keep it..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
theadzter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by theadzter »

Thank you!
Yup. That fixed it. 3D kicks in now.
All the HUD icons (and there are a lot of them in MP) are at screen depth, so it's a little messy. But being that I've never had the 3dv fix for it before, that may be how it's always been.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well you need to Hunt the VS of the Hud/UI and set them to Stereo and you can set it with a hotkey to set different depths
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

The_Nephilim wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:15 am well you need to Hunt the VS of the Hud/UI and set them to Stereo and you can set it with a hotkey to set different depths
Or try using this one:

viewtopic.php?t=25897
theadzter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by theadzter »

Thanks guys...

The thing about the HUD is, some of the elements should remain at screen depth (ammo indicators etc) but others should be at whatever depth they're pointing to (enemy/objectives etc). And these ones would ideally change depth depending on distance. Is it even possible to fix that? To have them change depth relative to distance from objects?
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

theadzter wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:21 am Thanks guys...

The thing about the HUD is, some of the elements should remain at screen depth (ammo indicators etc) but others should be at whatever depth they're pointing to (enemy/objectives etc). And these ones would ideally change depth depending on distance. Is it even possible to fix that? To have them change depth relative to distance from objects?
Sure, but its more complicated, you have to use texture specific depth changes. In general here is a tutorial but it was made for the UE4-UF2. But you can get the principle here to do texture filtering depth changes.

viewtopic.php?p=167689#p167689

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”