Project Cars 3

flyoffacliff
One Eyed Hopeful

Project Cars 3

Post by flyoffacliff »

I found a lot on Project Cars 2 but nothing on 3. Anyone tried it yet?
Cowboybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Project Cars 3

Post by Cowboybob »

No I haven't seen anything, have you tried it without any fix?
Still hoping someone has a hi at automobilsta 2.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

I'd desperately love to see Project Cars 2 fixed and a fix for Automobilista 2. AMS 2 used the Project Cars 2 engine so maybe it won't take much work to also fix if PC2 gets fixed.

It doesn't look like there's much work needed for PC2 as most things work well. I noticed some signs on the side of the track that lost all their details in one eye but looked fine in the other and all the cars in front of me have messed up shadows or something but there's a lot that works good. Reflections on the ground even in the rain seem great. The water hitting your windshield seems great. The windshield itself and rest of the interior of the car (the only view I use when driving) seem great. A lot of effects and reflections seem great.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

spin1 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:38 am I'd desperately love to see Project Cars 2 fixed and a fix for Automobilista 2. AMS 2 used the Project Cars 2 engine so maybe it won't take much work to also fix if PC2 gets fixed.

It doesn't look like there's much work needed for PC2 as most things work well. I noticed some signs on the side of the track that lost all their details in one eye but looked fine in the other and all the cars in front of me have messed up shadows or something but there's a lot that works good. Reflections on the ground even in the rain seem great. The water hitting your windshield seems great. The windshield itself and rest of the interior of the car (the only view I use when driving) seem great. A lot of effects and reflections seem great.
are you using Project Cars 2's WIP 3D fix by DHR? it fixes 90% of the game and is very playable. only main issues are shadows from the clouds being only in one eye, and dark halos around cars when its raining. both these issues only appear under certain time of day and weather so many times the racing looks perfect. but yeah, I've always hoped these issues would be fixed...game looks AMAZING in 3D. the WIP fix does not work on Automobilista 2 unfortunately, even though its the same engine (modified).

I have been meaning to test out PC2 with geo-11, could always use some extra performance..
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

Shift-E wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:22 am
spin1 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:38 am I'd desperately love to see Project Cars 2 fixed and a fix for Automobilista 2. AMS 2 used the Project Cars 2 engine so maybe it won't take much work to also fix if PC2 gets fixed.

are you using Project Cars 2's WIP 3D fix by DHR? it fixes 90% of the game and is very playable. only main issues are shadows from the clouds being only in one eye, and dark halos around cars when its raining. both these issues only appear under certain time of day and weather so many times the racing looks perfect. but yeah, I've always hoped these issues would be fixed...game looks AMAZING in 3D. the WIP fix does not work on Automobilista 2 unfortunately, even though its the same engine (modified).

I have been meaning to test out PC2 with geo-11, could always use some extra performance..
I didn't know there was a fix. I use 3D Fix Manager which has the option to automatically download & install all the fixes from the HelixMod website. 3D FM detects PC2 but it doesn't detect any fixes to download for it. Where can I find this fix?
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

I just discovered DHR's site. It says all his fixes are on the HelixMod site. There's no PC2 fix on the HelixMod site (or else 3D Fix Manager would detect it). Even on DHR's site, there's no mention of PC2 in his fixes list, only PC1...
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Someone with HelixBlog access should post the Project Cars WIP fix as its extremely playable. just mention the known issues, I've seen a lot of people not realize there is a working fix for the game (and I'd hate to see it get lost in time). I played a ton of that game, the issues are just a nuisance under certain weathers and cloud covers - nothing game breaking

I tried many times to hunt the VS or PS responsible for the cloud shadows but could not find it, same with the dark halos during rainy weather. oh make sure to have AA on like MSAA, as it cleans up the halos in regular weather with the fix.
Cowboybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cowboybob »

Yeah a fix for AMS 2 would be awesome, menu works by default but in game everything below the sky is just black. Tried the pc2 fix in the past but no good. Hoping one of our 3d geniuses take a look one day. In the meantime, back to rf2.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:11 pm A quick Google search...
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... -2-3d-fix/

Being such a long time avid 3D gamer, that should have been easy for you to find. Like I've said previously, it's pretty easy to try disabling shaders to
remove broken effects, as opposed to fixing them. So if something is annoyingly messed up and it can not be disable via in-game settings or a
config file/dev console, you might want to try it out
Thanks, much appreciated. Weird how I couldn't find that page when I did a websearch. I'll look into disabling shaders, thanks. I don't really know what shaders are (some part of the graphics that have to do with shadows, textures, reflections, etc...I think) but I'm sure I can learn if it's relatively simple to just disable.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

Shift-E wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:43 pm Someone with HelixBlog access should post the Project Cars WIP fix as its extremely playable. just mention the known issues, I've seen a lot of people not realize there is a working fix for the game (and I'd hate to see it get lost in time). I played a ton of that game, the issues are just a nuisance under certain weathers and cloud covers - nothing game breaking

I tried many times to hunt the VS or PS responsible for the cloud shadows but could not find it, same with the dark halos during rainy weather. oh make sure to have AA on like MSAA, as it cleans up the halos in regular weather with the fix.
I'll make sure to do so. Thanks!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Shift-E wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:43 pm Someone with HelixBlog access should post the Project Cars WIP fix as its extremely playable. just mention the known issues, I've seen a lot of people not realize there is a working fix for the game (and I'd hate to see it get lost in time). I played a ton of that game, the issues are just a nuisance under certain weathers and cloud covers - nothing game breaking

well where is the fix? are you refering to PC1 fix? If so I seen that on the blog already. I was hoping for a PC2 W.I.P.

EDIT: I have PC2 and was checking it out. now most from what I seen is that the shaders that are broke can be disabled in this case. from the looks of it it might be a daunting task as there is so many different weather patterns to select which could cause all kinds of broke effects.

So far I was in cloudy day and found a few shaders, and I then changed the weather to thunderstorms and I seen some more Halo like broke effects.. that is mostly what I seen was a halo broke effect.. but there is probally gonna be alot and when I ran Migoto there seemed to have been about 3-400 shaders in the PS category which would be a major pain to hunt through..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

The_Nephilim wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:17 pm well where is the fix? are you refering to PC1 fix? If so I seen that on the blog already. I was hoping for a PC2 W.I.P.

EDIT: I have PC2 and was checking it out. now most from what I seen is that the shaders that are broke can be disabled in this case. from the looks of it it might be a daunting task as there is so many different weather patterns to select which could cause all kinds of broke effects.

So far I was in cloudy day and found a few shaders, and I then changed the weather to thunderstorms and I seen some more Halo like broke effects.. that is mostly what I seen was a halo broke effect.. but there is probally gonna be alot and when I ran Migoto there seemed to have been about 3-400 shaders in the PS category which would be a major pain to hunt through..
I thought 3DNovice had posted the link to the fix above, but man its hard to find anything on that old Nvidia site. I gave up and uploaded it if you need it:

https://www1.zippyshare.com/v/3iI2ULq3/file.html

Thiis is the origianl WIP fix that the great DHR posted to the old forum, but never on Helixblog. I've played in every weather possible, the only two big issues I saw were:

1) Shadows on the ground from clouds are only in one eye. so this would be suns out with some clouds, I could never find the shader responsible - its probably one of them that makes the whole screen image black or something. Overcast weathers look perfect as there is no sun.

2) anytime it rains, the spray effects of water coming off of the cars causes the dark halos. If I disable the water spray shader, the dark halos disappear - but I decided it looks too weird, I prefer to have the spray effects when its raining. To hunt this shader I would use an open wheel car on Le Mans straights and look for the halo. could not find it, DHR gave me the code that should fix it in original thread but none of the PS or VS affected the halo that I could find.

the rest were all minor issues of reflections slightly wrong depth, and some broken textures during night racing. nothing constant like the 2 big issues. Would be amazing if we could ever fix them, I would gladly play without cloud shadows and just disable them if I could find the shader.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Shift-E wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:22 pm
The_Nephilim wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:17 pm well where is the fix? are you refering to PC1 fix? If so I seen that on the blog already. I was hoping for a PC2 W.I.P.

I thought 3DNovice had posted the link to the fix above, but man its hard to find anything on that old Nvidia site. I gave up and uploaded it if you need it:

Thiis is the origianl WIP fix that the great DHR posted to the old forum, but never on Helixblog. I've played in every weather possible, the only two big issues I saw were:

1) Shadows on the ground from clouds are only in one eye. so this would be suns out with some clouds, I could never find the shader responsible - its probably one of them that makes the whole screen image black or something. Overcast weathers look perfect as there is no sun.

2) anytime it rains, the spray effects of water coming off of the cars causes the dark halos. If I disable the water spray shader, the dark halos disappear - but I decided it looks too weird, I prefer to have the spray effects when its raining. To hunt this shader I would use an open wheel car on Le Mans straights and look for the halo. could not find it, DHR gave me the code that should fix it in original thread but none of the PS or VS affected the halo that I could find.

the rest were all minor issues of reflections slightly wrong depth, and some broken textures during night racing. nothing constant like the 2 big issues. Would be amazing if we could ever fix them, I would gladly play without cloud shadows and just disable them if I could find the shader.
Hey I appreciate the effort but that website is web infected or something. can you upload it to a better site or google drive or something. I tried to go there but man that website is a mess and I could not dl the file..

Please if you are going to link something please use a proper more respectable upload file server.. I am probally infected now haha!!
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

The_Nephilim wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:58 pm
Shift-E wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:22 pm

Hey I appreciate the effort but that website is web infected or something. can you upload it to a better site or google drive or something. I tried to go there but man that website is a mess and I could not dl the file..

Please if you are going to link something please use a proper more respectable upload file server.. I am probally infected now haha!!
Zippyshare infected? I used to use it a lot years ago. Just tried it now with that link. Seemed perfectly fine to me.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

ok if you say so but I am not gonna go back there..

spin1 do you have another place you can upload that file like googledrive or onedrive?
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

harisukro wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:52 am Uploaded on mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nry5mmju ... P.zip/file

Thank you so much. I will put this on the Blog ASAP.. I also have a fix forF1 2019 up..

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”