Geo11 - Yakuza0

Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Geo11 - Yakuza0

Post by Tullebob »

Crashed after a few minutes. But before that it ran SMOOTH as butter in the city area where 3d vision is heavily CPU limited! :)
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Geo11 - Yakuza0

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

Didn't work for me using direct_mode = nvidia_dx9, does appear to work with direct_mode = katanga_vr

Tested with latest steam version of the game (YMMV if you are playing a pirated version)

Relevant environment specs:

Windows 10 21H2 (latest updates installed)
RTX 3070 GPU, 516.59 drivers + 3D vision driver installed for DX9 compatibility (I let 3dfixmanager install whatever it wanted to from the drivers tab for 3dvision, then waited in that tab until 3dfixmanager was satisfied that DX9 3dvision should be working correctly)
Primary display: 4k 120hz, Gsync Off (using custom 1440p resolution+ nvtimingsed to get it to work with my glasses)
3dv1 glasses
Overlay software present: Steam.

Link to fix: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/03/y ... iwami.html

Process followed:

*Installed game, booted once to make sure it runs on my system
*Installed 3dfix from the above link, then copied contents of geo-11 0.6.10 over it (except d3dx.ini, to allow the settings for the game fix to remain intact) - also tested with geo-11 0.6.6

Changed these settings in d3dx.ini:
force_stereo = 2
also tried full_screen=1 and full_screen=2 for testing with nvidia_dx9 (neither worked)

changed these settings in d3dxdm.ini:
direct_mode = nvidia_dx9 (didn't work)
direct_mode = katanga_vr (worked)

Tried opening the properties of the game EXE to turn off full screen optimizations. Had no effect on whether or not nvidia_dx9 worked; the game will briefly open, the emitter turns on, the shutters activate, then the game closes before it renders a single frame to the screen. Game boots normally with katanga_vr as my direct mode (did not test extensively to determine quality of the fix)

Verdict: Fix probably works with VR output or SBS mode, does not work with nvidia_dx9 on my hardware/driver configuration. Did not test extensively, was more interested in finding a game that didn't work and producing a log for it so whatever's going wrong can be determined and possibly fixed in a future geo-11 version.

I turned logging on and gave nvidia_dx9 another attempt. Attached are my logs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Geo11 - Yakuza0

Post by bo3bber »

Thanks for the debug log. I took a look to see, but everything seems to be working normally right up to the very end. No errors or warnings, and the DX9 presents seem to be succeeding. Since this seems consistent, I can use this game to try to understand what might be happening there.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”