Tales from the Borderlands

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Tales from the Borderlands

Post by 3DNovice »

Just a FYI....

Tales from the Borderlands is once again available on Steam after being removed due to the Bankruptcy filing by Telltale Games.

It's now available via 2K and is supposedly re-released in a 64 bit version of the game, according to Steam discussions.

So to use the existing fix, you'll need to swap out the 32 bit helixmod dll with a 64 bit version.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3308 ... rderlands/

Great story, but like all Telltale games, no real gameplay.

... and choices matter (just kidding)!
Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Tales from the Borderlands

Post by Lysander »

So the fix from other games works?
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I haven't played it in a long time, if I recall correctly, I played it using a partial fix from the Telltale Batman game made by bo3b.
I do recall it being partially broken, because there wasn't a fix for this particular game.
However, 4everAwake made a fix for it that can be found on the blog http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2016/11/ta ... lands.html

I just noticed that the game was qued for a 7+ GB download yesterday and wondered WTF. Looking in discussions I saw it was for sale once again
and supposedly ported to 64 bit support, hence the need to re-download the entire game.

But I have not confirmed or tried anything.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

FYI, a new Tales from the Borderlands game is supposedly going to be released this year.

2K announced the project back in April
Randy Pitchford wrote: This time, we’re doing it to imagine all new characters and all-new stories from the Borderlands. So soon we’ll be announcing an all-new game set within the Borderlands universe and presented in that style of interactive fiction. I’m talking about an all-new Tales from the Borderlands adventure. It’s going to be releasing this year [in 2022], it’s published by 2K Games, and it has been developed in-house by Gearbox Software. And it has all-new characters set in the Borderlands universe. We’ve been working on this experience secretly for many years. And I can’t wait until it’s time to announce this all-new game this summer and show all of you what we’ve been doing. So please be on the lookout this summer for the announcement of an all-new Tales from the Borderlands.”

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”