Nvidia plans to use Volfoni Edge 3D glasses for 3D Vision

greg02
Cross Eyed!

Nvidia plans to use Volfoni Edge 3D glasses for 3D Vision

Post by greg02 »

3D VIsion End of Life FAQ, posted 1/2020

I currently use a 3D Vision display for desktop stereo, what are some of my options moving forward for alternative hardware?
We are working with Volfoni and several display manufacturers to enable active stereo on several flat panels with the same quality of experience provided by 3D Vision.
We are planning to support the following displays with Volfoni Edge RF glasses:
AOC AG273QCG
HP Omen X25
Acer XN253Q
Acer XN253Q X
HP Omen X27
Dell S2417DG
Acer Z271U

Does anyone know anything about this?

Edit: 4/1/2020 after contacting Nvidia about this to get an update, they don't have any new information as of today (in case someone was planning to inquire)
Last edited by greg02 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Nvidia plans to use Volfoni Edge 3D glasses for 3D Visio

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

greg02 wrote:3D VIsion End of Life FAQ, posted 1/2020

I currently use a 3D Vision display for desktop stereo, what are some of my options moving forward for alternative hardware?
We are working with Volfoni and several display manufacturers to enable active stereo on several flat panels with the same quality of experience provided by 3D Vision.
We are planning to support the following displays with Volfoni Edge RF glasses:
AOC AG273QCG
HP Omen X25
Acer XN253Q
Acer XN253Q X
HP Omen X27
Dell S2417DG
Acer Z271U

Does anyone know anything about this?

Those glasses look clunky and uncomfortable.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

Any support about any alternative hardware or anything at all about the future of 3D vision, I assume would be big news. Meaning its not dead in the water.
Also many people have had a tough time getting working glasses.

This is dated in 2020 saying they are moving forward with alternative hardware that will work with existing 3D Vision ready monitors that most of us are now using.

If anyone knows anything else about it or can find out more about it I think everyone here would be interested.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

For what it's worth, I have these glasses when they used to be under a different brand. They haven been reviewed by many (myself included) to be the best 3D glasses on the market, although clunky.

Downsides: the legs break easily.
The CR2032 button battery versions - the batteries needed a screwdriver to change every time.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
dricks
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dricks »

Is it possible to use those glasses with 3DVision ?

I mean, i have a pyramidal NVidia emitter with both 3Vision 1 and 3DVision2 glasses.
3DVision 2 glasses has ghosting at the outsideof the field of view, while 3DVision 1 has gosting near the nose (lol)
But overall, 3DVision 1 glasses has LESS crosstalk (meaning, less light goes through for the obscured eye) than 3DV 2 glasses (i have two pair of them, and both have the exact same amount of ghosting)
Seeing comments and datasheet for Edge glasses, it seems that they indeed have less light going through when panel is closed, so i would like to try thoses glasses, but will it be compatible with 3DVision driver ?
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

dricks wrote:I would like to try thoses glasses, but will it be compatible with 3DVision driver ?
Would also like to know if they work as a replacement for regular 3D vision glasses.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I have this version:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... l/overview

My version is DLP-Link only, which guarantees 0 crosstalk on DLP. These are not compatible with the pyramid, but work perfectly with 3D vision + DLP projector.

There are versions out there with rechargeable batteries and which are more compatible with other 3D protocols, but I have no experience with them.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Re: Nvidia plans to use Volfoni Edge 3D glasses for 3D Vision

Post by spin1 »

Any updates regarding this? Will this allow us to use RTX 3000 series cards with 3d Vision?

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”