DOOM Eternal

RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

DOOM Eternal

Post by RAGEdemon »

Hi guys!

It looks like Doom Eternal has finally been released.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/782330/DOOM_Eternal/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvV4GE8vVA

Helifax had made an amazing fix for Doom 2016. Is there any interest from anyone in this? :)
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: DOOM Eternal

Post by masterotaku »

RAGEdemon wrote:Is there any interest from anyone in this?
I'm going to tell you what there isn't: Vulkan tools to fix the game :twisted:
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Oh damn, vulkan only this time? ....

Oh well guess I just saved myself 100 bux =/
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

No OpenGL no 3D Vision anymore for this Title, only chance is ReShade with superdepth fk 3D...But after the last ReShade Update (now with in fact very good Vulkan Support... was surprised how "good" WS The New Collossus looks like...) its definitively worth a try i think.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Yeah unfortunately for superdepth 3d pyramid Monitor users as I understand are SOOL =(
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

Yep, sadly there will never be a Frame Sequential Mode in Superdepth if i understand BlueSkyDefender right (and even then its not usable with an 3D Vision Monitor and the Pyramid, need a DLP Link or infrared from the Display itself and of course 3D Vision has to be disabled in NVCP). Technical reasons iirr... Nowadays a Display that is capable of TaB and SbS is vital to play some Games that cannot be fixed or Games that make use of the newer Apis like DX12 and Vulkan, which will become even more important the next years...For me the significant fact in newer purchase Decisions, so a beamer is imo the only way to go... Srry f my bad english
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

That is... unfortunate.

They made Doom 2016 VR, which was fairly successful - I wonder if they will make a Doom Eternal VR game, and if at all they might make available the stereorising tools for Vulkan.

On a personal note: Regarding Superdepth - I have a DLP-link projector that is only compatible with frame sequential stereo - 3DV or otherwise. Software page-flipping through various 3rd party drivers has worked fine when the 3D Vision driver is disabled. Is there a way to generate some kind of frame Sequential stereo output for DLP projectors which don't have SBS/OU capability? - Did Helifax not make a wrapper to allow this in the past?
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Vulkan is now stereo thanks to Helifax, so I ask if this game will now work.

Thanks all for the wonderful job and energy for our close 3D community.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

DugomFirst wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:05 pm Vulkan is now stereo thanks to Helifax, so I ask if this game will now work.

Thanks all for the wonderful job and energy for our close 3D community.
yes, there are 4 Vulkan fixes now:
Doom 2016
Doom Eternal
Detroit
The Surge 2

The latest 3D Fix Manager has them, otherwise the info is kinda scattered all over the place, ideally they'd make it to the Helixmod blog but not sure who can do that. Seems like there are ppl still unaware of this goodness :D
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Helifax usually puts his fixes on his own page, here http://3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVisionGames.html
That's not really new by now. He has done that for years! Since not only the groundbreaking Vulkan 3D Wrapper is his work but also the 3 fixes for Detroit Become Human, Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal, you can find those fixes there.

Masterotaku created the fix for The Surge 2 (using helifax 3D Vulkan Wrapper of course). Thus, this fix can be found on helixmod!
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Oh my... I've play Detroit in 2D... So sad !

Nobody inform me about this release... And I've ask...
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=24995&p=171431&hi ... 35#p171431
lohan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:21 amHelifax usually puts his fixes on his own page, here http://3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVisionGames.html
That's not really new by now. He has done that for years! Since not only the groundbreaking Vulkan 3D Wrapper is his work but also the 3 fixes for Detroit Become Human, Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal, you can find those fixes there.

Masterotaku created the fix for The Surge 2 (using helifax 3D Vulkan Wrapper of course). Thus, this fix can be found on helixmod!
Thanks for the tip : )
Will pay more attention now.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

Has anyone gotten this to work with the Microsoft Xbox pass version? Was looking at the install instructions in the 3DFM and debating if I should bother trying to figure it all out knowing that you can't modify or add anything to the WindowsApps folder
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

greg02 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:57 pm Has anyone gotten this to work with the Microsoft Xbox pass version? Was looking at the install instructions in the 3DFM and debating if I should bother trying to figure it all out knowing that you can't modify or add anything to the WindowsApps folder
Not that I know of. If you have it, you can try and let us know. Otherwise the game goes on good sales.

Btw, I just read the beginning of this thread. Oh, how things have changed :) Thanks Helifax! :woot
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Yep, that man is a genius.

You have already paid for it. The pragmatic solution would be to just get the version that 3D works with - there is no real moral dilemma:

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”