Silent Hill (2, 3, 4). With 3D Vision

ishiki
One Eyed Hopeful

Silent Hill (2, 3, 4). With 3D Vision

Post by ishiki »

Hi,

I don't know how too post on blog but I thought it would be interesting.

Silent Hill 2. Especially with Enhanced edition runs and looks awesome.
http://www.enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

The only issue I saw while beating it was having to Disable Lens Flare.

Silent Hill 3, Kinda works with d3d8tod3d9, But shadows are broken, Not really Playable. I have messed with using d3d8 to d3d11, etc and disable shadoows but I have not been successful so far.

Silent Hill 4 works good though. But some fog glow is broken and theres is sometimes odd glitches.
john105
Cross Eyed!

Re: Silent Hill (2, 3, 4). With 3D Vision

Post by john105 »

ishiki wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm Silent Hill 3, Kinda works with d3d8tod3d9, But shadows are broken, Not really Playable. I have messed with using d3d8 to d3d11, etc and disable shadoows but I have not been successful so far.
I'm not sure why you would want to use d3d8tod3d9 (or d3d8 to d3d11), unless you want to make a fix using HelixMod or 3dMigoto. 3D Vision already supports DirectX 8 natively.

I tried Silent Hill 3 myself a long time ago. I remember that I had some major issues at first, but what helped me was renaming the game's exe file. It looks like 3D Vision used the wrong profile for the original exe name. I don't remember if I had any problems with shadows though.
ishiki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ishiki »

john105 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:47 pm
ishiki wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm Silent Hill 3, Kinda works with d3d8tod3d9, But shadows are broken, Not really Playable. I have messed with using d3d8 to d3d11, etc and disable shadoows but I have not been successful so far.
I'm not sure why you would want to use d3d8tod3d9 (or d3d8 to d3d11), unless you want to make a fix using HelixMod or 3dMigoto. 3D Vision already supports DirectX 8 natively.

I tried Silent Hill 3 myself a long time ago. I remember that I had some major issues at first, but what helped me was renaming the game's exe file. It looks like 3D Vision used the wrong profile for the original exe name. I don't remember if I had any problems with shadows though.
Hi, I got it working again thanks to your help :P. I previously tried to do above to use helixmod to disable lens flares. But, for some reason the lens flare shader is not selected in any VS or PS.

But, there are two things broken that I'm aware of.
1) Real-time shadows, you can disable this though.
2) Lens Flares are broken like in SH2, but you can't disable them here, you can only put it on low.
3) Not broken but the filter is fairly hideous in 3D. So I turn that off.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

You can also use DGVoodoo 2 to wrap the game from dx8 to dx11. 3DMigoto can then be used.

Also, since the shadows were fairly simple back then, you might post the code here and hope that someone
can/will add the needed stereo correction.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I hadn't seen this, but Silent Hill 4 The Room has been available on GoG for the past year.
https://www.gog.com/game/silent_hill_4_the_room

I forgot to mention, when trying to fix old games if any of the shaders use shader model 1.0 or 2.0, they
must be converted to shader model 3.0 to work with the wrapper. However, if I remember correctly,
they can still be selected when cycling shaders, it's been a long time but I ran into this on Risen.
Fortunately, mx-2 came along and fixed the game to a playable state.

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/03/c ... -sm30.html

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”