3dvision streaming.

Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

3dvision streaming.

Post by Necropants »

Happy new year and all that stuff all.
Late last year I lost my job, so let's just say I've had a bit of time to myself.
So I have been playing around a bit with twitch streaming. Of course, immediately I run into an issue when trying to game in 3dvision and stream there seems to be no way to set the stream source to only capture one eye. Rendering any live footage captured on stream is veritably unwatchable due to twitch not supporting 3d options, So I just want to stream a 2D version while playing stereoscopic. Tried a bunch of solutions but mainly. Shadowplay, and OBS.

Of course internet at this point returns nothing really useful and the only solutions are for VR via plugins and such.
So I guess this is my last resort, but surprised that I can't really seem to see anyone talking about this here either. There is one post from some years ago where Helifax put up a guide, on the official boards, but his advice seems to no longer work.

I have tried a bunch of things like Starting the stream and then turning 3dvision on, but this just crashes browsers and stream software, or forcefully turns 3dvision off. I do remember you could do something like this with shadow play recording, but it doesn't seem to work anymore in the new versions and I'm talking about live footage here and VODS, not recordings obviously anyway.

Anyone ever find a solution for this issue? I hope I am just missing something really stupid.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3dvision streaming.

Post by Necropants »

*Edit* Patience mode engaged .... Someone must have at least tried it. :o :D
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Thanks for the reply.
Strange that the post didn't come up when I searched. Unfortunately, it's so old I think everything may have changed now. I guess I'll see if I can get any feedback from Rhialto
Cheers
Cesar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cesar »

I regularly stream in 2D while playing a game in 3D using OBS Studio (currently version 27.1.3).

I use either of these capture sources, depending on the game: Display Capture, Game Capture, or Window Capture.

I use Window Capture for any games that can render 3D in a window (e.g. Dolphin Emulator).
For old PC games, using Game Capture on a fullscreen app usually works.
For DX11 and UE4 games, using Display Capture usually works.

If a game's rendering engine doesn't like a particular capture source, it'll bog down the system and lag until I terminate the game process quickly. Also there's no way to choose which eye view you want to stream in 2D. It seems automatic depending on the game.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”