Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade

sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade

Post by sgsrules »

The game releases on pc today. It's running on UE4 and I'm guessing you can force d3d11 so the UE4 universal fix should work. Can anyone verify this?
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Will be interesting to find out.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Yes, DDA reported on discord that it works in dx11 mode and the universal fix is mostly flawless at least in the beginning.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Flawless? No. I saw pretty important volumetric lighting problems and some broken screen space reflections even right when gameplay starts.

Be patient, is what I can say :).
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Lots of thanks in advance, master, is what I can say! ;-)
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Volumetric lighting fixed now, apparently (at least at the start). So the fix will definitely get better.
The game is at the very least moderately long, so it will take time to play and fix everything.

Edit: screen space reflections fixed too (at least the shader I saw).
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Excellent progress today. Chapter 2 (after finding Aerith), everything fixed now except for lighting clipping and maybe radial blur (not an annoyance) during short moments.
This game really has its own weirdness in shaders, and it's looking great now compared to default state of the universal fix (if someone is playing now, is missing out big time on lighting).

Losti is helping convert into regex at least some of the things I'm fixing.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

masterotaku wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:06 am Flawless? No. I saw pretty important volumetric lighting problems and some broken screen space reflections even right when gameplay starts.

Be patient, is what I can say :).
I wrote that before the recent Discord discussion and screenshots based solely on DDA's report, where he made it sound like that so... :)

Awesome stuff that you're hacking away at it so fast, thank you :)
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Great stuff! Master, you are the definition of "gettin' it done!"

P.S.: ...also applies for all the other 3DV-wizards here, of course!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Can't wait!
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
ishiki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ishiki »

I'm Super excited! I was sad when it said DX12

I was watching a digital foundry PC, about this and it said to use DX11 renderer and I got excited and checked here!

:D :D

thank you!
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I'll upload a WIP fix here tomorrow (unless I don't have time to prepare everything). Some more important stuff (like lighting clipping) is fixed now, among other things.
I'm still at chapter 4, so there's no guarantee of perfection after the point where I'm at.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Very cool to hear this ended up having a Dx11 mode, thanks lads.
Now I'm annoyed I even played the ps4 version.. XD
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

You'll have to wait some more for the WIP fix. I caught and fixed a problem in my initial clipping fix, and didn't have time to finish some settings.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

WIP fix: REMOVED, not needed anymore.

I made some good advancements in this extra time. Like a real fix for TAA (maybe not 100% accurate at high convergence levels, looking at my formula, but I can't see problems).

Hotkeys:
- Everything the universal fix has, and you can check the status with F2.
- ctrl+alt+F5: motion blur toggle. Not disabled by default. DO NOT DISABLE motion blur if you play with TAA enabled. It causes bad secondary effects.
- F6: vignette toggle. Disabled by default, because it's annoying in 3D (even after I stereoized the effect).
- ctrl+0 (not the numpad): dithering settings I made for fun, intended for people that disable TAA. By default, the game uses random dithering, which is flickery and noisy without TAA. With one press, it's transformed into ordered dithering. With one more press, dithering is disabled. These two settings may cause some side effects. Use at your own discretion. Another press and it goes back to normal.
- XB_RIGHT_THUMB: if you hold it for 800 miliseconds, it switches to low convergence (60). Hold it again to revert back to normal convergence. It doesn't work when using automatic convergence.

I made my custom hotkeys sticky, so if you press F10, their current state will be saved into "d3dx_user.ini" alongside other things from the universal fix.

Note: automatic convergence (which is enabled by default) only works if TAA is enabled.

I recommend using this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/74

To unlock the possibility of using a custom "Engine.ini" file inside the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor" folder.
To disable TAA (if you want) you can have this in that file:

[SystemSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0
r.TemporalAASamples=0

Now that the effect has a proper fix, it's a matter of taste instead of 3D problems of TAA + taste.

The game comes with dynamic resolution forced by default (and is usually pretty low), so use this under [SystemSettings] in Engine.ini:

r.DynamicRes.OperationMode=0
Last edited by masterotaku on Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Thank you
ishiki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ishiki »

hoorayyyyyy and happiness in a turtle shell
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I've reached chapter 14, and fixed a few more things. Just a few more days to go and I'll be able to post the complete fix on the blog.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

masterotaku wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:56 am I've reached chapter 14, and fixed a few more things. Just a few more days to go and I'll be able to post the complete fix on the blog.
And I promise this will be perfect :-)
ishiki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ishiki »

I love you all!
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Chapter 17 now (which seems pretty long). I fixed some more things along the way.

All that's left is this chapter, then chapter 18, then the expansion. Will I finish it before the end of the weekend? I don't know :p.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

The fix is finally done: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2022/01/f ... -dx11.html

Some hotkeys have changed to avoid accidental presses. This is officially the first time I fix TAA (and related effects) in a game, maybe because I was really annoyed about all the flickery effects when it's disabled, so I for once recommend not disabling it :p.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Great news master and Losti! Can't wait to jump in after I finished Guardians of the Galaxy.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

There's a few mods on Nexus that uses 3DMigoto and allows swapping recolored textures while in-game, such as hair colors
https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/142
https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/177

I do not have the game, but AFAIK, mods using 3DMigoto work with 3D Vision due to the way that DarkStarSword implemented the feature.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thank you for the superb fix, masterotaku! I am only through Chapter 3, but the fix is flawless so far. With the changing camera angles, I find it useful to enable Losti’s autofocus mode (this is not the fix default mode).
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”