Running 3D Vision with a second (2D) monitor for monitoring hardware performance

P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Running 3D Vision with a second (2D) monitor for monitoring hardware performance

Post by P.C.Zen »

Is it possible to run a game in stereoscopic 3D while at the same time having a 2D monitor running off of the same video card; to monitor hardware, performance, system temperatures, etc.

I'm in the middle of migrating my gaming PC to a new OS, so I can't currently run games in stereoscopic 3D (so I can't try or test it) but so far I don't think I've ever actually got it to work. It's always just crashed to desktop.

Is there a way to get it working?

Apologies if I don't respond to replies until the morning; I'm exhausted and need to sleep.

Thanks in advance, if some light can be shed on this matter. :0)
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Re: Running 3D Vision with a second (2D) monitor for monitoring hardware performance

Post by P.C.Zen »

Just tried it and it worked okay. I think I was having difficulties because I was using 1809 build of Windows.
Cowboybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Running 3D Vision with a second (2D) monitor for monitoring hardware performance

Post by Cowboybob »

Yep no issues, I run 3d SIM racing on main and telemetry etc on additional 2d monitor.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”