Admins for HelixModBlog, Discord, AWS

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Admins for HelixModBlog, Discord, AWS

Post by bo3bber »

While I'm here, I thought I'd write down the current admins as well, so you can know who to talk to.
  • HelixModBlog- DarkStarSword, masterotaku, and bo3b are admins.
  • Discord- DarkStarSword is the admin, moderator is RageDemon.
  • AWS- Bo3b is the admin.
  • mtbs3d- Forum admin is Neil, moderator is Cybereality.
  • WishList- Whyme466 is admin.

We use an AWS server that hosts all of our fixes. This is like FTP, but much more reliable and faster delivery than any of the freebie stuff or cheap hosting you can find.

eqzitara has kindly switched the admin duties for the AWS server to me, so please contact me for any future questions about the hosting. Any new ShaderHacker who wants space, please contact me instead. eqzitara wants to be fully out of the 3D picture now, so please do not contact him for questions. (I've asked him to remain as an emergency admin, in case NVidia assassins have me killed.)
Last edited by bo3bber on Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Admins for HelixModBlog, Discord, AWS

Post by bo3bber »

I've created a wget archive of the entire HelixModBlog, and you should grab a copy just for backup purposes.

http://bo3b.net/helixmodblog_1_18_20.7z

It's a bit out of date, but includes everything up until January. This is every fix file, every photo, every comment on the blog.

It's about 1G in size, grab a copy for long term backup/storage. Worst case scenario, you've got every fix with all instructions, up until January of this year.

I'll make a new wget to share when I get a chance. (DarkStarSword has an automated mechanism, so he always has a backup wget that is current.)

If you might want it, here is an archive of the 3DVisionLive before they took it down. I'm really not sure this will work, but I think you can dig around and find all the snapshots we posted over the years. 375 Meg.

http://bo3b.net/3DVisionLive.zip
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Thanks a lot for this and your continued support Bo3b, please kept yourself safe from all the current craziness of the world not least of which said Nvidia Assassins.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

On Helixblog, instead of the forum option linking directly to the driver forum, would it be posible to put a drop down menu there?

One saying Fix related questions
The other saying Driver related questions?
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:54 pm On Helixblog, instead of the forum option linking directly to the driver forum, would it be posible to put a drop down menu there?

One saying Fix related questions
The other saying Driver related questions?
Sorry, too hard to do for too little payoff. The UI/Theme we are using there doesn't have drop downs, just single click UI. Too much work to add a new theme or figure out how to make that work. It maybe makes sense to point to the NVidia section altogether though.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

bo3bber wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:41 pm It maybe makes sense to point to the NVidia section altogether though.
Any chance of making this change?

So that people with dimly lit stars could find this sub-forum in addition to the driver forum.

It seems that the two sub-forums are not going to be merged, as was once hoped.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

bo3bber wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:48 pm [*]WishList- Whyme466 is admin.
[/list]
Is the Wishlist dead?
I haven't looked at it in a long time, I only see a blank page.
If dead, perhaps remove it and link something useful, perhaps VK3DVision? Dunno

Edit: It seems that Kaspersky is blocking the list

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”