Immortals: Fenyx Rising

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Post by thebigdogma »

Wow! I didn't think it would work, but it did.

The game is supposed to be DX12-only (although I suppose the Stadia version is running on Vulkan), but I was able to get CM working with the AC: Unity profile and it looks really good!

Geometry works as well, but the performance hit is huge - much like prior AC games.

I am about 4 hours into the game - it is a great mix of Breath of the Wild, AC: Odyssey and the humor found in the Disney animated Hercules movie. I am really enjoying it - possibly more than the AC games as it is big, but not huge, and has a better focus, IMO.

Haven't tried CMU - will give that a go later tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Re: Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Post by floph »

Wow, that looks perfect. If CM works so well, CMU should work just the same.
If only AC Valhalla would work too... that game is a visual delight.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Interesting. Can you post a few more pics? And dept + conv values are you using? I don't see halos in there, thought I know they're more prominent during movement.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Here are a few more screens. Halos are not prominent, as long as you keep convergence under control, because your character is further forward in the screen/environment than most third-person games, and the zoom effect, when you are aiming the bow, is not as pronounced.

And CMU does work. The only issue I am having right now is the random/temporary loss of S3D when quickly moving the camera past a certain point (like occurs in AC Unity.) I have tried the AC Syndicate profile, but it still happens - will try a few more profiles today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

I experienced temporary loss of 3D with CMU in Far Cry New Dawn and Hitman 2. Paul Dusler indicated it may be related to some in game settings:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=23404&p=171170&hi ... wn#p171170

Quote: "In Far Cry New Dawn you can fix this issue by turning off 2D icons ingame. I think "Ally icon" was causing the issue."
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

I think Paul was right... I messed around with a few and found that cranking the resolution modifier all the way up seems to do the trick.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

That looks surprisingly good, I can't even notice any typical CM halos. very nice.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Another sweet shot - I am lovin' this game! :D
Atuin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Atuin »

Are you doing anything special to make it work? It just crashes for me if I have 3dvision activated. The emitter lights up and it looks like it's going to run and just crashes to desktop. I tried with 3dmigoto, win7 compatibility and other different combinations with no luck.
I'm on win10.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Atuin wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:59 am Are you doing anything special to make it work? It just crashes for me if I have 3dvision activated. The emitter lights up and it looks like it's going to run and just crashes to desktop. I tried with 3dmigoto, win7 compatibility and other different combinations with no luck.
I'm on win10.
Are you running Epic version? I think what might be happening, is the problem with Epic overlay. You need to rename the Overlay folder under Epic Store folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras) to something else, like "OverlayTmp". Then launch the game.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

I am running the Epic version (although I boot directly from Uplay) and have had no issues.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

As reference... In the .exe compatibility settings, I am running in compatibility mode for windows 8 and have disabled full-screen optimizations. I am on 451.48 and am not launching via 3D fix manager.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

thebigdogma wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:15 pm Wow! I didn't think it would work, but it did.

The game is supposed to be DX12-only (although I suppose the Stadia version is running on Vulkan), but I was able to get CM working with the AC: Unity profile and it looks really good!

Geometry works as well, but the performance hit is huge - much like prior AC games.

I am about 4 hours into the game - it is a great mix of Breath of the Wild, AC: Odyssey and the humor found in the Disney animated Hercules movie. I am really enjoying it - possibly more than the AC games as it is big, but not huge, and has a better focus, IMO.

Haven't tried CMU - will give that a go later tonight.
Have you tried using the -dx11 switch to see if it runs?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:19 am Free to play this weekend, if anyone was wanting to try it.
Tried the free weekend and logged about 11 hours into it. A lot like BoTW and the large map was overwhelming. Started to feel like a time sink or an alternative type of grinding for stats.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”