War Mongrels blue and texture problem

b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

War Mongrels blue and texture problem

Post by b4thman »

I don't know if there is any solution to solve the blue color problem and texture loading delay in this great game (it is like the game Commandos but nowdays). Other than that, the rendering of 3D is very good.

I have tried with differen Losti's UE4 universal fixes, but this problem is always present. Now I am using v7.30
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: War Mongrels blue and texture problem

Post by Losti »

b4thman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:19 pm I don't know if there is any solution to solve the blue color problem and texture loading delay in this great game (it is like the game Commandos but nowdays). Other than that, the rendering of 3D is very good.

I have tried with differen Losti's UE4 universal fixes, but this problem is always present. Now I am using v7.30
The game uses UE4 Engine Version 4.27, i have never had a game using this new engine version. So UE4-UF2 supports game until 4.26.2. Ill check it, may i can add support for 4.27 UE4.

The game just quits after start, may i need a higher driver than 425.31 here ^^

// Hm nope, i cannot run the game, it just closes or give a fatal error and i cannot run it with -dx11 from the command line
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Thanks. I can run the game without problem, but I forgot to say that there is a problem with the main menu not showing the letters (but I only have to clic on the 1st option when I play, so I do not need to read the menu). When I installed I started 1st time in 2D mode to choose settings, and later I can play in 3D. In fact have played the first 3 missions in complete 3D. Blue color is gone usually when moving something the view of the map (sometimes it is a bit anoying, but I can play). The texture of the ground sometimes is "delayed" and shows blur (in some areas).
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
daspwan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by daspwan »

Losti wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:47 am
b4thman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:19 pm I don't know if there is any solution to solve the blue color problem and texture loading delay in this great game (it is like the game Commandos but nowdays). Other than that, the rendering of 3D is very good.

The game uses UE4 Engine Version 4.27, i have never had a game using this new engine version. So UE4-UF2 supports game until 4.26.2. Ill check it, may i can add support for 4.27 UE4.

// Hm nope, i cannot run the game, it just closes or give a fatal error and i cannot run it with -dx11 from the command line
1-Game compatibility need to select to win7
2-you must select dx11 in the in-game menu with out fix, not in shotcut ,than quit game, uncheck win7 compatibility
3- use your UE4 Engine fix
Losti

Post by Losti »

daspwan wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:43 am
Losti wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:47 am

1-Game compatibility need to select to win7
2-you must select dx11 in the in-game menu with out fix, not in shotcut ,than quit game, uncheck win7 compatibility
3- use your UE4 Engine fix
YEPP, Win7 compat mode did it, otherwhise it quits, than select DX11, exit, remove win 7 mode and run with fix installed and enabled 3D ! WORKING!

Game looks perfect so far, do you have the issue reported sicne from the beginning or in a later part of the game?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

The problem of "blue" colors is present in any of the 3 missions that I have played (and the 4th that I have just begun). It is the same blue color that shows up when pressing "alt" key, but covering big parts of the screen without any sense. They usually dissapear if I scroll the map, but the behavior is not always the same. Textures of the ground (only the ground, not buildings or npcs) sometimes don't update properly and shows blur textures (waiting some seconds usually the texture is updated, but again not always and scrolling the map also usually fix the scene). The 1st problem I face is in the main screen, the menu is empty of any letter, so I have to start the game blind pressing the 1st rectangle to continue the last savegame.
Losti

Post by Losti »

b4thman wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:33 pm The problem of "blue" colors is present in any of the 3 missions that I have played (and the 4th that I have just begun). It is the same blue color that shows up when pressing "alt" key, but covering big parts of the screen without any sense. They usually dissapear if I scroll the map, but the behavior is not always the same. Textures of the ground (only the ground, not buildings or npcs) sometimes don't update properly and shows blur textures (waiting some seconds usually the texture is updated, but again not always and scrolling the map also usually fix the scene). The 1st problem I face is in the main screen, the menu is empty of any letter, so I have to start the game blind pressing the 1st rectangle to continue the last savegame.
savegame?
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

It is not necessary, the problem is always randomly present, in any of the 4 missions. I can play the game and I really don't need an improved UE4 fix to enjoy it, I just say that there is the problem (I suppose it is something good to know).
Losti

Post by Losti »

b4thman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:52 am It is not necessary, the problem is always randomly present, in any of the 4 missions. I can play the game and I really don't need an improved UE4 fix to enjoy it, I just say that there is the problem (I suppose it is something good to know).
OK, but i still cant see any issue ^^ alt key will do nothing. annyway if you are happy.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Some question. Is the issue persistent in 7.32??
daspwan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by daspwan »

I use v5.2. After the third level, the grassland shadow flickering problem begins to appear. I didn't join your channel, so i stop trying anymore.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Losti wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:29 pm

Some question. Is the issue persistent in 7.32??
I play the game version 40797 and the same happen with UE4 7.32 too. I bet the blue problem has also something to do with the delay of loading of some textures.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”