3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Myst 2021

Post by RAGEdemon »

Excellent experience in VR - it only runs in DX11 mode however, with no RTX etc.

When I played Myst on my Atari Jaguar in the 90s, at the age of ~12, I found it too difficult, however, thoroughly enchanting.

Playing it as an adult was much more straight forward - the hardest part was figuring out that I had to close the elevator doors before they would move up [dough!] :lol:
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

I actually hated the controls in VR. Head oriented movement is not great (I think they patched in controller oriented movement since). Just like all Unreal Engine VR games, the performance is also sub par in some places even on my 11900K/RTX3080. I ended up playing this in 3DVision instead via the 3.60 universal fix on my 7700K/1080ti machine. I just disabled a couple of decal shaders that had almost zero impact on the game visually and it was pretty much perfect (Although photos taken were corrupted at the bottom, but no biggie). It performed and looked amazing in 3D (I found it more impressive than the VR version tbh).

I played the original Myst when it was released (Yes, I am that old), but luckily, due to age and time I didnt remember a thing about it so it was all "new" to me once again. I really enjoyed the game but these sorts of things are right up my ally. If you like these sorts of games, you should check out "Nemezis III: Mysterious Journey". I played this with the 3.60 Universal fix also and only had to disable a couple of inconsequential shaders for perfect game play.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

BazzaLB wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:14 pm I actually hated the controls in VR. Head oriented movement is not great (I think they patched in controller oriented movement since). Just like all Unreal Engine VR games, the performance is also sub par in some places even on my 11900K/RTX3080. I ended up playing this in 3DVision instead via the 3.60 universal fix on my 7700K/1080ti machine. I just disabled a couple of decal shaders that had almost zero impact on the game visually and it was pretty much perfect (Although photos taken were corrupted at the bottom, but no biggie). It performed and looked amazing in 3D (I found it more impressive than the VR version tbh).

I played the original Myst when it was released (Yes, I am that old), but luckily, due to age and time I didnt remember a thing about it so it was all "new" to me once again. I really enjoyed the game but these sorts of things are right up my ally. If you like these sorts of games, you should check out "Nemezis III: Mysterious Journey". I played this with the 3.60 Universal fix also and only had to disable a couple of inconsequential shaders for perfect game play.
You can use Universal fix 5.22 to get the issues for the games fixed without disable effects if you want.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”