GROUNDED - Great 3D, Great game

SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

GROUNDED - Great 3D, Great game

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Just wanted to make the community aware of a little gem that I discovered. Grounded is currently in early access, but is VERY polished in terms of graphics and features. Gameplay is heavily influenced by Subnautica, but is much an RPG as it is survival/crafting. It's a blast to play and is well worth the price of entry, and works great with the Unreal 4 Universal fix! :woot
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: GROUNDED - Great 3D, Great game

Post by Chtiblue »

Thx it's totally an awesome gem indeed, really shines in 3D and with great ideas!

:woot
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by narhicfd »

Yeah, I played a little bit of the windows 10 version when it came out and enjoyed it. It made think of a movie from 80's called Honey I shrunk the kids. Im not big on survival games but It was fun. My first encounter with the giant spiders freaked me out. I also like that it was a fun game that did have gore(apart from dead insects)bad language and other stuff. Is there much of a story to it?? If you get a chance post a 3D pic of the game so I can see how it looks in 3D, please. It's on my wish list.
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Looks awesome, will check out :)
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

narhicfd wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:24 pm Yeah, I played a little bit of the windows 10 version when it came out and enjoyed it. It made think of a movie from 80's called Honey I shrunk the kids. Im not big on survival games but It was fun. My first encounter with the giant spiders freaked me out. I also like that it was a fun game that did have gore(apart from dead insects)bad language and other stuff. Is there much of a story to it?? If you get a chance post a 3D pic of the game so I can see how it looks in 3D, please. It's on my wish list.
You're right, there is definitely a heavy influence from Honey I shrunk the kids and the time period that movie was made. It's an awesome touch IMO, 'cause that's right in my wheelhouse. This game is causing me to redefine what a "survival" game is, because it's almost more of an RPG than survival. Yes, you manage hunger & thirst and you build. Sleep mechanic is there but totally optional. But the game also has secret places, special weapons, armor perks, skills, dungeon crawling (ant hills LOL), boss fights, and all sorts of stuff you would find in a traditional RPG. It even has quests, albeit they are currently only simple fed-ex quests.

There's not much story at all right now, although it is definitely planned. They have the foundation laid, but you can tell they are 85% focused on content right now. There are some bugs, but the overall polish is excellent. With each update, you can see additional story-related locations, it's just that nothing is happening with them yet. IMO, that's a really great way to do early-access, because it allows players to enjoy all of the core features of the game without having to get the story spoiled in piece-meal fashion.

I'll try to get screenies, but I'm having technical issues with that atm (I posted issues with Phereoshop a few mins ago).
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

How is the performance of the game in 3d vision? "locked" 60fps on the table?
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Performance has been solid for me. There is an in-game option to lock at 60 fps. I don't think I'm getting that with stereo enabled. I'm on an aged system with a 1080 GTX. I don't have an fps counter enabled, but I'd guesstimate I'm running in the mid-to-high 40's using the highest in-game settings.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Fix is at the blog, i have added the correct inventory man menu switch for you SnickerSnack1 :-) Hope you appreciate it ^^

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/12/g ... x-v10.html
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Great Losti!
Did you see and fix the "red acarians" body bug? there is a wrong shader with their red bodies, it's the only issue I've seen when I tried it
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by narhicfd »

Can you you play the single player game without having to partake of the actual game so to speak?? Like you said, I don't want pieces of the story here and there but want to play it with the fully story mode available at once.
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

narhicfd wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:09 pm Can you you play the single player game without having to partake of the actual game so to speak?? Like you said, I don't want pieces of the story here and there but want to play it with the fully story mode available at once.
Yeah I totally get that and I'm the same way with Subnautica Below Zero. I've owned early access for a year but haven't played it in order to get the full experience the 1st time.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that so much in Grounded. While the devs are releasing new content, there are locations that clearly pertain to a future story, but there's no access or interaction with those locations. According to the development roadmap, it seems they are really focusing on content first and adding story later.

The game starts out by guiding you through the basics. You will then be able to complete a very brief introductory quest that establishes the foundation for an expanding story (obviously someone was responsible for shrinking you to the size of an ant, and you probably don't want to stay that way forever.) You will then have the opportunity to complete fed-ex style quests to gain what are basically experience points. You exchange those experience points for new skills, tech, etc.. You will probably have the existing story elements completed in under 3 hours. There is enough content available already that I don't even miss the story yet - I'm having too much fun just exploring and trying to level up and build a base.
Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:02 pm Great Losti!
Did you see and fix the "red acarians" body bug? there is a wrong shader with their red bodies, it's the only issue I've seen when I tried it
Are you referring to the red Lawn Mites? Because yeah, there is a messed up shader on their fuzz. It also affects the hat that you can make from their parts. The bad shader is still there with Losti's fix.

Also it's necessary to run the HUD super shallow at 1%. This is because there are certain dynamic elements to the HUD that won't line up correctly at any deeper settings. I noticed Losti took screenshots for the Helixmod fix before he obtained any quickslot items, so he probably didn't realize this.
Losti

Post by Losti »

YEAH. I cant play the games so ist possible that there are some seldom issues left and the hud is never as good as it is if i play and fix it individual to perfect.

Just leave a savegame here like i wrote at the Blog. Or send me an email. I can have a look than.
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

No problem Losti, I'll email you my savegame. But honestly there's no pressure. It's a minor issue and the game looks great otherwise.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Have you tried to disable the TRANSPARENCY fix in the OSD? The Workaround options (AA and Transparency) are the FIRST adress to check if something is not cool. Some games needs more hands on to sort out transparency and object fix but for most of the games wrong effects an be fixed by turning on or of the transparency fix. So have you checked this? Because ican see a red beetle with a wrong brack pixelated texture that is ok truningtransparency fix off.
Losti

Post by Losti »

SnickerSnack1 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:03 am No problem Losti, I'll email you my savegame. But honestly there's no pressure. It's a minor issue and the game looks great otherwise.
Do you have send the savegame? Can you provide a screenshot? I cant findyour problem ^^
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Losti wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:24 am
Have you tried to disable the TRANSPARENCY fix in the OSD? The Workaround options (AA and Transparency) are the FIRST adress to check if something is not cool. Some games needs more hands on to sort out transparency and object fix but for most of the games wrong effects an be fixed by turning on or of the transparency fix. So have you checked this? Because ican see a red beetle with a wrong brack pixelated texture that is ok truningtransparency fix off.
Thanks it should be that red bettle wing red back, I'll let you know ;)
Losti

Post by Losti »

I have a pushed out an update @ the blog, may this will also fix the issue from SnickerSnack1. If you find remaining things, let me know and post a screenshot and a savegame. Thanks!
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

I am still playing the heck out of this great game. Today the Grounded team released a new major update, and it seems to have broken shadows. The thing that seems to be broken are the global shadows. (I hope I'm using the correct term). The shadows case by the player and various light sources are fine, however the shadows cast by the sun and moon are rendering differently in each eye.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I've tried:

1) Reinstalled the fix (using UE4 3.50 fix)

2) Downloaded and installed the latest UE4 3.60 fix

3) Used key LCTRL + NUMPAD4 to disable/enable/cylce options for AO

4) Tried starting the game in all the different configurations specified in the 00_UE4-UniversalFix-2_Config.cmd (Incidentally on all of the configurations other than "Standard" there is a lot of flickering objects)

I'm out of ideas and would appreciate any help! :geek:
Losti

Post by Losti »

Im not sure if they have updated the Engine version for this game. Ill check this today with the latest Universal fix 4.11 as well as 3.60.
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

There wasn't anything about engine updates in the patch notes, but you know how that goes... they don't always mention stuff like that since only a handful of people like us would care. Thanks so much for looking into it Losti! I would send you a save file, (It's more like a save folder with several files in it), but I'm not sure how to get that to you.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Sorry was buissi yesterday with other stuff. Just upload the zipped folder to some free file upload Service.
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

No worries, I just sent you the link in private message.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Just checked the game engine version its the latest out there: 4.26.2, ill check if the current released UE4-UF 4.11 can fix this, or the not released (4.20) now called 5.0 (i think im not sure this moment ^^) ... so you can decide to join me on discord with a PP donation to get the update later.
Losti

Post by Losti »

The UE-UF-4.11 fixes the issues out of the box. I will release an update for GROUNDED (NOT @ the blog/3DFM only @ my discord channel). UF (4.11) difference to the updated fix for GROUNDED will be some HUD/UI automation, nothing more.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Great Losti! I will go back to this game soon or later ;)
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Losti, I'm happy to join your discord, however I have no idea how to find you. Do you have an invite link posted somewhere?
Losti

Post by Losti »

SnickerSnack1 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:12 pm Losti, I'm happy to join your discord, however I have no idea how to find you. Do you have an invite link posted somewhere?
Just read the first part after the games picture from a game fixed i have posted at mtbs, like this:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25797

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”