Which Windows 10 Version should I use for the last official 3dvision driver

vegetableharry
One Eyed Hopeful

Which Windows 10 Version should I use for the last official 3dvision driver

Post by vegetableharry »

Hello,

I'm setting up a new computer. If I understand correctly, 425.31 is the last officicial driver for 3d vision. I know that newer drivers exists, where 3d-vision is patched in. But I wanted to setup a windows installation with the official driver.

I remember that the current version of Windows 10 has problems with the 425.31 driver. But I didn't found exact information, as of which version of Windows 10 is the last version, that works correctly with 425.31 driver.

Can anyone give me more information on this topic?

PS: Some side information. On my old computer, I have Windows 1903 and with the official driver 425.31 installed, I was not able to change 3dvision settings. I could change everything that was changeable with "advanced3dv". But especially I couldn't activate additional keyboard shortcuts (and personally, I can't play most games without Ctrl+F5 and Ctrl+F6, because mostly the depth is completely wrong at start). - I assume that the version before that 1809 should probably work, but I'd like to know for sure.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Which Windows 10 Version should I use for the last official 3dvision driver

Post by Lysander »

1909 has worked well for me with 452.06, I know someone reported somewhere here that 2004 was also fine (not sure if with that same nvidia driver).

Generally, it appears you can safely go past 425 but up to you.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
skppokey
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by skppokey »

Lysander wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:09 pm 1909 has worked well for me with 452.06, I know someone reported somewhere here that 2004 was also fine (not sure if with that same nvidia driver).

Generally, it appears you can safely go past 425 but up to you.
hi, how to get 3d vision with 452.06 ?
i cant use the comminity hacks to hack the new driver's dll :cry:
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I think the easiest way is to install 3D FIX MANAGER and let it install the 3d driver. It should just do it automatically.

If that doesnt work I suggest using DDU to fully do a clean drink very removal and then use 3d fix manager to install the latest working 3dv compatible drivers.

Losti also made a command line tool to install drivers, theres a thread on it here, you can try it if u want (it runs dry first to uninstall and does everything automatically).
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
skppokey
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by skppokey »

Lysander wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:16 am I think the easiest way is to install 3D FIX MANAGER and let it install the 3d driver. It should just do it automatically.

If that doesnt work I suggest using DDU to fully do a clean drink very removal and then use 3d fix manager to install the latest working 3dv compatible drivers.

Losti also made a command line tool to install drivers, theres a thread on it here, you can try it if u want (it runs dry first to uninstall and does everything automatically).
thx, i ll try
vegetableharry
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vegetableharry »

So installed 1809 with 425.31 driver. After I got Windows Update to not overwrite my driver with a "newer" one from the windows store, everything works.
DeBeh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DeBeh »

In case of staying with 425 drivers I made the experience that it seems not to work with Windows function update 2004. When I tried (and I tried a lot of combinations) Windows pushed every monitor (Palit 2080 TI @ WQHD Asus ROG PG27V + HD Asus VG278H, both and single usage) down to 60 Hz after any other Hz appeared one or some seconds.

The new 2004 Windows feature to support different refresh rates on multi monitor setups requires newer Nvidia drivers to work and has probably this backdraw with older ones.

So I stick with the 1909 Windows now as long as I can. Didn't try the 20H2, cause it is too much work for me to check dozens of old games and get desperate again if they suddenly don't work ;)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”