Who do I contact at Nvidia to report the 3D fixers?

greg02
Cross Eyed!

Who do I contact at Nvidia to report the 3D fixers?

Post by greg02 »

Nvidia should be employing the team who has made Nvidia 3D Vision operable now that Windows has forced users to update past the 425 driver that they instructed users to stay on who wish to continue to utilize the expensive components they purchased for 3D Vision.

If anyone has contact information for anyone at Nvidia, I would be interested in contacting them to discuss this.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Who do I contact at Nvidia to report the 3D fixers?

Post by RAGEdemon »

Thank you, many people feel the same way!

I think bo3b's opinion was that we shouldn't contact nVidia at all because we are hacking their driver files which could bring the ire of their lawyers and a cease and desist demand issued :(
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

RAGEdemon wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:25 pm Thank you, many people feel the same way!

I think bo3b's opinion was that we shouldn't contact nVidia at all because we are hacking their driver files which could bring the ire of their lawyers and a cease and desist demand issued :(
That's true. Like heck, the last thing we need is for this site and community to be forced into some underground.

Look, none of us like it, but 3D is dead from an official viewpoint. The hope is that at least VR will get somewhere, maybe something like HelixVision will gain traction and at least enable use to play 3D with a helmet on, but the glasses-based 3D is dead, just like for TV. It ran its course, people did not adapt the tech due to inconvenience and the beauty of it is not appreciated by enough ppl to stay mainstream. It is the sad truth. From a company's perspective, it brings next to no revenue especially now that they don't sell the hardware and it's just an expense for them to maintain legacy support. Legacy stuff dies - slowly, but it dies, I speak from experience. Heck, I hate legacy systems at my own company.

The least they could've done is leave the old code in the drivers so it'd be easier for these guys here to provide fixes and we could use the new hardware, but alas.

Yeah, maybe it's better not to drill them about this. It won't bring any support back and it might just cause us more trouble than we already have.

Lets focus on encouraging bo3b and the others to perhaps do something with the iZ3D code they obtained to provide some workarounds so we can enjoy this wonderful immersion tech this much longer.

The one encouraging thing is that they (nVidia) mentioned that we'll be able to use the 3D Viewer, meaning there'll be some path to hook to the hardware, at least for the foreseeable future.

That's my 2c.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Better stay quiet, or we may get a cease and desist with the hacking drivers thing.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Lysander wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Yeah, maybe it's better not to drill them about this. It won't bring any support back and it might just cause us more trouble than we already have.

Lets focus on encouraging bo3b and the others to perhaps do something with the iZ3D code they obtained to provide some workarounds so we can enjoy this wonderful immersion tech this much longer.

+1

Large companies can come crashing down on the little guy. No doubt there is someone at nvidia who is happy to see 3D continuing on, we'll just make much more progress being off the radar.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”