[SOLVED]entire computer super slow when 3D vision frame sequencial is activated (optoma HD29H RTX 2080Ti R5 1600x)

Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

[SOLVED]entire computer super slow when 3D vision frame sequencial is activated (optoma HD29H RTX 2080Ti R5 1600x)

Post by Guig2000 »

Hello,
I come from iZ3d and the tridef for 3D gaming. The last time I really played on 3D vision, it was on a crt with a GTX570 and a pyramid emulator.

One year ago, I bought an optoma HD29H 3D projector. It is capable of :
+the usual hdmi frame packed 720p 3D @ 60Hz and 1080p 3D @ 24Hz.
+SBS and top/bottom up to 4K (downscaled to 1080p).
+Frame sequential up to 1080p 120/60Hz.

I was hable to make it work (despite some issue) with my vega 64 and tridef with compatible games using 1080p 120Hz (VESA frame sequential EDID hack).
dspinfo EDID HD29H FS L on sync no hdmi3d.zip

I bought an used 2080ti water-cooled on RTX 3080 launch.

I installed 3Dvision via BringBack3DV and then I did i again with 3d vision changer.
Out of the box, 3D TV play activate and it works fine but HDMI 3D limitations are not acceptable for me.

So I did a EDID hack: i used monitor info (and EEditGold in order to know what I'm modifying), modified the bytes in the dump in order to remove HDMI 3D and replace the projector's pnpd id and name by ACR0255 and Acer HN274H (it's a 3dvision monitor with integrated emitter), and the created the .inf driver, modified "PRODUCTID" and "VENDOR" to "ACER HN274H" and "Acer".
dspinfo EDID HD29H en Acer Acer HN274H ACR0255 no hdmi3d 1.1.zip
After installing the driver and rebooting, it was looking good: despite not having a pyramid plugged, I can see my projector recognized as an "nvidia 3D vision ready" display and I can choose between two outputs: 3D Vision discoverer and "LCD 3D 120Hz Acer".
But if I try it, 3Dvision discovery (annaglyph) works fine but
the 120Hz frame sequential... well it works, but even the 3Dvision test run at 1 Fps. In fact when it's activated, even the windows's user login is slow.

Does anyone ever had this issue and if yes, what to do?
Should I use an older driver than 452.06?

My OS is windows 10 19.09
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
RAM: 16Go
GuigDxDiag.zip
W10 19.09 R5 1600x x370 RTX2080ti.nfo.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Guig2000 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: entire computer super slow when 3D vision frame sequencial is activated (optoma HD29H RTX 2080Ti R5 1600x)

Post by RAGEdemon »

Use DDU to clean your system and then install the last officially supported 3DV drivers - 425.31 WHQL. make sure to install the STANDARD drivers, NOT the DCH ones - they have been known to cause pauses etc. That will be the benchmark for finding the root cause...

Installing 2004 update would also likely fix windows problems.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Guig2000

Re: entire computer super slow when 3D vision frame sequencial is activated (optoma HD29H RTX 2080Ti R5 1600x)

Post by Guig2000 »

I was thinking 2004 update was not the best reliable windows release.
I'm going to switch to 425.31 using 3d vision changer (it include DDU, great tool).

Does multi-screen can be a problem?
I was using previously my projector via my onkyo HT-RC660 hdmi amplifier but it was creating tons of issues (despite been hdmi 2.0 and 3D compatible).
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

It's worse now:
when I try to launch the wizard:
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Please don't use additional tools; it will likely exacerbate the problem.

Download 425.31 STANDARD, NOT DCH drivers.
Disconnect from the internet!
Uninstall all nvidia drivers software from windows.
Boot to safe mode and use DDU to clean system
Reboot to windows and install 425.31 STANDARD.

Report results please.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Guig2000 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:46 pm It's worse now:
when I try to launch the wizard:
MSI Afterburner and other overlay software are known to cause this kind of crash for the 3D Vision setup Wizard. I roughly remember that I had that 1 fps issue as well but cannot remember why it happened. Like RageDemon stated it's best to use Standard drivers and not DCH. Also I would recommend you to use 3D Fix Manager as it shows / fixes stereo driver health.

However concerning your EDID override you should force the projector to be recognized as a Generic CRT and not as a 3D Vision certified device. Otherwise you will get a red warning text on game start "Warning: attempt to run stereoscopic 3D..." as the EDID timings of your projector do not match those what Nvidia expects in their driver and registry information. With Generic CRT you bypass this kind of problem. Easiest way to make your Projector to be detected as a Generic CRT is to reset the EDID via CRU to original state and then delete the HDMI support block. After that recreate it, click apply and restart the display driver. Done.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

RAGEdemon wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:17 pm Please don't use additional tools; it will likely exacerbate the problem.

Report results please.
A tool as bad or "Please don't use additional tools; it will likely exacerbate the problem." spending really isn't what I want to read when you have no idea what it's doing. Myself, I'm one of those people who do everything myself or use my own tools instead of using programs that I don't know what they're doing. This means that I understand this setting or the proposed or the procedure in principle. For today's user, however, it's great to do a click or two or make a decision or two and then everything goes automatically. The 3D-Vision Driver Changer enables exactly that. I tested it up and down on 2 systems. 3D-Vision Driver Changer deactivates the internet connection, performs a DDU cleanup and installs the selected driver. Without the user having to do anything (except decide whether GeForceExperiance should be installed or not, and of course a login in Windows if different users have been declared) ...

There is of course always the possibility of program errors occurring due to the great diversity of the systems. Instead of advising against it, however, it would be more helpful to leave a comment about it in the corresponding post in the forum so that it can be investigated. After all, it can also be due to the USER's system in general ...

A better sound would have been:

Maybe the tool is the problem, please post your error report in the tool's thread. You are welcome to try the driver instalation manually to rule out this and do the following:

Cheers, Losti.

PS: With your comment you are trampling on the hard work of others, that shouldn't be the case here !!
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Hi Losti mate, there was no intention of trampling on anyone's hard work, especially not yours. What you do is much appreciated, as I posted in your thread for this very tool.

The gentleman was having problems before using your tool. The consequential error dialogue box seemed to indicate that it may be something that an automated script might be trying to do, i.e. "set default startup mode".

Under these circumstances, a reasonable tech support person would recommend to manually restore default drivers. That is what I suggested.

The issue can certainly have been posted in your thread; however, the response would not have been immediate and there will have been a discussion taking a length of time while the gentleman's system remained broken; - getting the system fixed was the thread topic of high priority. Bug reporting your automated tool, if it was even related, would be important of course, however it would be lower down in the list of priorities.

I apologise for attempting to help with what I considered are accepted reasonable steps; I shall not make the same mistake in the future :)
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Hello,
In did not see any error message while 3d vision changer was running, I used it also for for 452.06 installation, so it may not be the cause of the second issue. So I will try to ddu in safe mode after my work today.
I disabled the Microsoft game thing and also "my phone" (it had some crash when my projector was plugged through home cinema receiver, it's plugged directly now).
I also u'plegged my LCD screen.

@Pauldusler : When I tried originally with the 1fps bug, I let patiently dragon age origin launch, it was running at 1fps, but I did not have any red message you talk about. I believe this may appear only if you plug a pyramid because the right timing are needed for a correct 3d vision emitter sync.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Guig2000 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:07 am After installing the driver and rebooting, it was looking good: despite not having a pyramid plugged, I can see my projector recognized as an "nvidia 3D vision ready" display and I can choose between two outputs: 3D Vision discoverer and "LCD 3D 120Hz Acer".
I remember now. I tried exactly the same like you. I used the product ID of a 3D monitor with integrated IR Emitter (Asus VG278HR) which caused the 1 fps drop on my Optoma UHD 40 projector with no 3D emitter pluged in. After I connected the 3D Vision emitter performance was normal again. Using the product ID of monitors with built-in emitter is actually a smart idea but obviously Nvidia blocks that trick by smashing the performance. So bad news for you: You have to buy the Nvidia USB 3D Vision IR emitter for using frame sequential 3D mode. On ebay you still get some second hand (mostly 3D Vision Kits which include the 3D Vision glasses as well).
Guig2000 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:07 am @Pauldusler : When I tried originally with the 1fps bug, I let patiently dragon age origin launch, it was running at 1fps, but I did not have any red message you talk about. I believe this may appear only if you plug a pyramid because the right timing are needed for a correct 3d vision emitter sync.
Seems right. Probably you will see the red warning text after plugging in the 3D Vision emitter. I use my projector Optoma UHD 40 in Generic CRT mode which is exactly the same like 3D Vision frame sequential but it doesn't care if timings are correct. If you decide to buy a 3D Vision emitter I would suggest to use this mode.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Thank you guys!
3D magic coming back on my computer!

The second issue: wizard crashing: solved by uninstalling and DDU geforce driver in safe mode, then re-installing manually 425.31.

First issue: freezes and 1 fps games when 3Dvision 120Hz installed:
Solved buy plugin the pyramid then running the wizzard and activating 3Dvision only when needed, without doing the crt edid hack.

I have to look how this crt edid hack work exactly and if I can do it without removing HDR and 12bit per color (I assume, it's not possible ).
By continuing to use the acer HN274H edid hack, games works fine now, but i disable 3Dvision when not needed, if not i have repeated few seconds freezes and slow-downs.
Also I have a pair of 3Dvision glasses, the extinction time with the acer timings are very high, so the glasses are very very dark and so unusable.
My projector have difficulties recognize his remote control's signal when the pyramid is activated.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Guig2000 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:31 am My projector have difficulties recognize his remote control's signal when the pyramid is activated.
Happens for me, too. Can be easily solved by setting IR signal to "Multiple IR environment". Either in 3D Vision setup wizard or in 3D Fix Manager (found in Nvidia 3D settings tab -> Sync mode of IR sender).

Concerning the 3D Vision setup wizard: I would just skip it when it crashes. 3DFM easily allows for that when enabling 3D through 3DFM. The wizard does nearly nothing. By default it creates just 1 registry entry. Totalles useless. You can't even fix reversed eye with the wizard... HelixVision for example automatically skips the wizard. For 3DFM users can select whether to run it or skip.
DillGill
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DillGill »

The problem is that when you install 3D through 3DVision, Dolphin emulator crashes when you try to play the games in 3D due to the incorrect D3D compatibility issue. Hence we need a way to trick 3DVision driver to install everything correctly with the EDID fix
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

You might try what this guy does
knarFleinaD wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:13 am Thanks for the response and sorry for beeing late. the new projector arrived an it works, 1080p/ 60Hz 3d without emitter. for anyone interested a more detailed instruction can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comment ... hout_3dtv/
In NVControlPanel you have to select a "PC" resolution, e.g. 1080/120, not a 3d resolution. now start your game and make sure it runs @ 1080/120, i take msi afterburner. now you want to alt+tab out of the game and change the reg key. if you first change the reg key and then start the game it will be reset by the system. go back to game, turn on 3d in your TVs/ Projectors menu and you should have 1080/60 3d.

From this thread
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25191
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

In last resort, yes but it is a crappy really not practical method.
I bought a cheap used pyramid, problem solved.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”