Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice by HELIFAX

bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice by HELIFAX

Post by bobisz »

Hi!

Desperately looking for some help with Halifax`s fantastic fix for this game.

If I have 3D enabled the game renders in a weird blue hue, all colors are off. All the red channels are blue. 3D off, everything fine.
I'm using custom sbs reversed top/bottom mode for my TV.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice by HELIFAX

Post by masterotaku »

Maybe something in this thread can help: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... bug-in-4k/

Another From Software game with that bug, hmmm.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Only workaround we found for this strange Blue bug is Ctrl F11 for cycle frustrum, it crops the picture but it works
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

Thank you so much for your replies!
I don't know if it was an accidental ctr+f11 or alt tabbing but the issue seems to be gone now.

Cheers!
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Oh no, another game with this issue ...
I was hoping to play Sekiro at some point, but now I have to take this into consideration as well.

Chtiblue, from past experience the fustrum cycle is not a good solution, because the color bug is only solved by the "stretched" position, not the "cropped" position. Unless you're into fat jedis, it's not gonna help :)

In other games what helped was switching to borderless windowed mode (which in some games is even called "full screen").
Unfortunately this has a big performance impact for 4K TV users like me.

Did anyone with a 4K TV try this game, to confirm the color bug is solved with borderless (or even that borderless exists), and to confirm it has good performance in windowed mode, or any other performance hit mitigators like resolution scaling?
Maybe someone can leave a comment here or on Helixblog. I would appreciate knowing this before getting my hopes high for this game. It was quite high on my Steam wishlist of games I was excited to play at some point.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Zappologist wrote: Chtiblue, from past experience the fustrum cycle is not a good solution, because the color bug is only solved by the "stretched" position, not the "cropped" position. Unless you're into fat jedis, it's not gonna help :)
Yep you're right but it was sort of ok in GTA V ;)

I didn't know about borderless mode, good to know but I hope I won't have to try it ;)
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

aside from the color bug, is the 3D fix still working fine? was thinking of picking this up down the line, so good to know no updates have broken it since release.

I forget how I fixed the color bug in GTA5, I think I used 3DMigoto somehow...
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

Shift-E wrote:aside from the color bug, is the 3D fix still working fine? was thinking of picking this up down the line, so good to know no updates have broken it since release.

I forget how I fixed the color bug in GTA5, I think I used 3DMigoto somehow...
yep, that aside it is perfect.

edit: i can confirm that a simple alt-tabbing is fixing the issue for me. Checked, the game still says it is in fullscreen
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

@Helifax - thank you for this wonderful fix, a fitting tribute to and demonstration of your many years of providing world-class fixes. The only issue I noticed is that the moon in sky is at the wrong depth (several locations), but everything else is rendered perfectly. I postponed playing this game because of its SIGNIFICANT difficulty, but Nexus' Sekiro the Easy mod made some of the boss fights more accessible (at least for me). Some of the environments are quite amazing, especially in 3D...

How does your VR experience with 3D Vision games compare with your old Surround setup, if you have any thoughts (you already indicated that VR environments are not very compatible with current game fixing tools)?
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Using my Vive Pro with latest HelixVision is purely awesome! Bo3b and Paul made huge improvements when they added the curved screen and the super awesome sharpen filter.
The quality now is really impressive. (It's still not as crisp as looking at a 1080p 3D Vision monitor due to the panels in the VR headset) but it's freaking amazing!

Having this huge screen in VR that covers my whole view from top-to-bottom and left-to-right is simply amazing!
I do miss my 3D surround setup sometimes. I still have all the monitors, but don't have space to put them (I replaced it with a 32:9 Samsung monitor and I still have a regular 1080p 3D Monitor next to it).
I think 3D Surround with 3x27' monitors was a bit of an overkill (as quite a big chunk from the side monitors are outside your view). I think 3D Surround would be awesome on a 32:9 aspect ratio (instead of 48:9).
I did try to force my Samsung 32:9 monitor to be recognised as 3D Vision Ready, but failed (it has 144hz, 2ms response time after all).

So, it's hard to compare it really. I love both Stereo3D in VR as I do 3D Surround. Each has a different flavour and both are awesome from different POVs.
Coding wise it is pretty hard in VR as I constantly have to look at my desktop or in VR. I can't simply alt+tab like you do on a monitor, or use my laptop for coding and my desktop for displaying.

I am no more interested in Vulkan and seeing if I can make a proper Depth3D pass, like Sgsrules and me made for my OpenGL wrapper. Doing geometry3D requires decompiling and recompiling the SPIR-V which is not something I look forward to do.
Sure there are tools that already interpret the bytecode back to GLSL (https://github.com/KhronosGroup/SPIRV-Cross). I am still prototyping on this :)
But, I think this is beyond the question you asked ^_^
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
ToThePoint
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ToThePoint »

helifax wrote:I am no more interested in Vulkan and seeing if I can make a proper Depth3D pass,
Wait. What? Vulkan?!
Intel Core i7 6850k @ 3.6 Ghz (Liquid Cooled: Corsair Hydro H115i), 2x GTX 1080 Ti, HB SLI @ x16x16 (Air Cooled), GTX 1060 Dedicated PhysX, 32Gb RAM Kingston Predator
Asus X-99 Deluxe II Motherboard, Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower, Win7 Pro (442.19), Win8.1 (441.66), Ubuntu, Rog Swift PG27VQ 3D (1440p), HTC Vive
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Now that's interesting.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

helifax wrote:Using my Vive Pro with latest HelixVision is purely awesome! Bo3b and Paul made huge improvements when they added the curved screen and the super awesome sharpen filter.
The quality now is really impressive. (It's still not as crisp as looking at a 1080p 3D Vision monitor due to the panels in the VR headset) but it's freaking amazing!

Having this huge screen in VR that covers my whole view from top-to-bottom and left-to-right is simply amazing!
I do miss my 3D surround setup sometimes. I still have all the monitors, but don't have space to put them (I replaced it with a 32:9 Samsung monitor and I still have a regular 1080p 3D Monitor next to it).
I think 3D Surround with 3x27' monitors was a bit of an overkill (as quite a big chunk from the side monitors are outside your view). I think 3D Surround would be awesome on a 32:9 aspect ratio (instead of 48:9).
I did try to force my Samsung 32:9 monitor to be recognised as 3D Vision Ready, but failed (it has 144hz, 2ms response time after all).

So, it's hard to compare it really. I love both Stereo3D in VR as I do 3D Surround. Each has a different flavour and both are awesome from different POVs.
Coding wise it is pretty hard in VR as I constantly have to look at my desktop or in VR. I can't simply alt+tab like you do on a monitor, or use my laptop for coding and my desktop for displaying.

I am no more interested in Vulkan and seeing if I can make a proper Depth3D pass, like Sgsrules and me made for my OpenGL wrapper. Doing geometry3D requires decompiling and recompiling the SPIR-V which is not something I look forward to do.
Sure there are tools that already interpret the bytecode back to GLSL (https://github.com/KhronosGroup/SPIRV-Cross). I am still prototyping on this :)
But, I think this is beyond the question you asked ^_^
Hey there Helifax. Hope you are doing well.
When you have a chance would be good to know if your 3dsurround is still working on the 3dvision supported drivers. I have a feeling me and you are the only remaining people that used it.
At some point 3dvision surround stopped working for me completely. It just scrashed any tiem to try to run surround in 3D vision in any game. I haven't worked out if it was the 2080ti or drivers required by it yet. (happens in both windows 10 and 7)
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Sekiro - Shadows 3D doesn't launch anymore

Post by for3donly »

sekiro 3d used to work but now doesn't launch any more, the launch just causes a flash by then it quit to desktop. 2D however launches fine. I've check the resolution and it is as intended at 1920x1080, my monitor is set at 120hz and works fine in 3d with other games before and after i tried to launch Sekiro just to test the system. So it seems some 3d settings in the game might cause it but that doesn't go with why did it use to work in 3d before. there is indeed something in between, microsoft decided to update my win10 to 1909 and so i did also reinstall the latest nvidia driver and 3d component using 3dfm beta 4 i think, it was 2 days ago.

anybody got any hint of how to fix this issue?

EDIT: Fixed by reverse back to 2D using 3DFM beta 5 (click on the stylized 3D button) then click on it again to reinstall 3D driver. It could have been that I had a older 3DFM executable that I had a taskbar shortcut for, so when I downloaded beta 5, I first run it from its unzip directory then the next time on I used the taskbar shortcut. Long story short, exlusive use of 3DFM now have sekiro works fine in 3D.
Ixomack
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ixomack »

Am I the only one with poor 3D performance with this game ? Regardless of the resolution (even 720p), I suffer from big fps drops (down to 30fps). In 2D, i have a constant 60 fps at a 2560 x 1440 resolution (I have a 1080 GTX). Same CPU limitation as GTA V ?
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

I do not go below 60 FPS with a 2080 Ti in 1080p but I only made the start.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

the game has a 60 frame limiter builtin. i believe you can get a mod to undo this on nexus. i haven't tried it yet.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

Hey Helifax, mucho gracias for the Sekiro fix. I've sent you a token of appreciation via Paypal. Cheers.
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

for3donly wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:55 pm the game has a 60 frame limiter builtin. i believe you can get a mod to undo this on nexus. i haven't tried it yet.
When the game is blocked at 60 FPS, 3D vision doesn't work. To make it work I had to add the line "refresh_rate = 120" in d3dx.ini
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

i wasn't aware of that, the game works in 3d with 3dfm without me messing. :)
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

ZeGURU69 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:48 pm When the game is blocked at 60 FPS, 3D vision doesn't work. To make it work I had to add the line "refresh_rate = 120" in d3dx.ini
That happened to me in some games (SkyrimSE, FFXII). It's sometimes related to fullscreen optimizations, I think.
I want to play this game :). Waiting for at least a 50% off sale. For a FROM Software game, price is dropping slower than usual.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Hi guys - I am confused by this game's fps cap, as well as a few other souls-like games (e.g. DS1/2/3 + Nioh). So I read in 2D the FPS cap is 60 for these games, which I understand would be 30 in 3D Vision. But I read about you guys running it above 30fps, in what I assume is 3D mode. So is my understanding incorrect here? Is it somehow possible to go above 30fps in 3D Vision in these games? After playing Lords of the Fallen and Fallen Order (talk about things falling...) I really like these TPP games and the combat mechanics but I have a hard time playing at 30fps as the stutter really bugs me in 3D mode. I like to tweak settings to get me as close to 60 as possible for the smootness.

Appreciate a clarification on this.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Lysander wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:03 pm So I read in 2D the FPS cap is 60 for these games, which I understand would be 30 in 3D Vision.
DirectX games get their fps duplicated in 3D Vision (1 moment in time, 2 frames, each per eye). A 2D 60fps capped game can still be 60fps in 3D. Reaching the same fps in 3D as in 2D implies more or less double the GPU usage, and an undetermined amount of more CPU usage (depends on the game).
OpenGL and Vulkan games get their fps divided by 2. Meaning that a 60fps capped game shows 30fps per eye.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

ah sh**! This is the best news I got today lol

thx man! Now I understand it better

PS. So do we call the OGL/VLK situation "sequential frames"?
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Lysander wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:56 pm PS. So do we call the OGL/VLK situation "sequential frames"?
Yes (frame 1 for eye 1, frame 2 for eye 2, frame 3 for eye 1, etc). Although for his Vulkan fixes, Helifax made "frame sync" modules to make them not sequential, like DirectX games, but they still need to reach 120fps to show 60fps per eye.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Yeah, just bought DS3 at a great discount on instant-gaming and like you said, 60fps in 3D :D AWESOME! THX!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”