3Dvision fix not working with RTX 3080

ArchPrime
One Eyed Hopeful

3Dvision fix not working with RTX 3080

Post by ArchPrime »

I have upgraded from GTX980Ti to RTX 3080 GPU, and reinstalled windows, and 3Dvision Fix 1.8

3Dvision fix reports my PC is '3D ready' , and the 3D vision option has been added in Nvidia Control Panel - but any attempts to run the Nvidia 3D vision test utility or setup wizard generate error 'Error in StereoCPLAPI Settings-> setDefaultStartupMode()returned false.' [url][Set up multiple displays/url]

How do I overcome this issue without downgrading my GPU?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: 3Dvision fix not working with RTX 3080

Post by Lysander »

Looks like you haven't been around here for a while. No 3DV with the 30xx series for now.

Read this: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25207&start=80
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Sorry, at the moment there is no way. We don't have a working hack for the latest drivers. NVidia destroyed the DX11 code path altogether for the 3080 launch. Not just turned it off by setting, removed all the code.

So current setup is that latest drivers (required for 3080) won't work for any DX11 games. Bizarrely, DX9 games still work, because that's a different path that they overlooked or don't care about. That also means OpenGL games work because Helifax's OpenGL wrapper uses a DX9 3D Vision connection. His new Vk3DVision Vulkan wrapper will also work in HelixVision because I helped him add a direct connection to the HelixVision display, and thus that path requires no 3D Vision. But his 3D Vision connection is currently using DX11, so you can't use Vk3DVision on 3D Vision hardware. You can use SBS though for 3D TV.

Bit of messy picture, hope that helps. BTW- last fully working video card is 2080ti.
ArchPrime
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ArchPrime »

Thanks guys - disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. Will hope that some sort of pathway emerges to make use of my 3D hardware in future.
Would installing an old compatible card beside my 3080 likely work? - via some sort of driver swapping process that is just used when watching 3D videos? (I generally don't need 3D in games)
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

ArchPrime wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:31 am Would installing an old compatible card beside my 3080 likely work? - via some sort of driver swapping process that is just used when watching 3D videos? (I generally don't need 3D in games)
Theoretically yes, you can use this tool to switch between different versions of Nvidia drivers. But you would also need to plug your monitor to the old card when you need 3D at minimum. Maybe also switch or disable the primary card in BIOS. In any case, it's a lot of hassle in my opinion. If I were you, I would return the 3080 and either get the previous GeForce generation (the performance difference is not that great anyway) or an AMD card (if you really only need 3D for videos).

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”