LOSTI Can you please have a look.

TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

LOSTI Can you please have a look.

Post by TimFx7 »

Great work. You're adding great things to our community. you are great thanks a lot. But please pay attention to the appearance and readability while sharing your work on helixmod.blog

You have your information texts written in colorful capital letters. Many of them are repetitive, unnecessary information. Makes it difficult to access the main content. Please stop writing like this ... Please, as other friends in the community share, you should write more tidy and only necessary information. Each time you sharing the same redundant text, you're writing again. you use helixmod.blog like a scrapbook.

Please don't offend me. We appreciate the time and effort you've spent. we love you. But I have a request for you. please review and rearrange your texts on the site. There will probably be more positive feedback on the jobs you produce. Sincerely, Thanks again for all your work.

PS: I'm sorry if you found my style rude. I used google translate. it can't translate my language well enough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Re: LOSTI Can you please have a look.

Post by schwing »

This is from not having a standard format for blog posts for everyone to follow. Here's a format suggestion:
  • <Blog post title:
      - The game title and nothing else. The blog's game list uses some sort of format/logic for organizing its items.
      - Please don't create duplicate posts for a game. Just bump the existing one.>

<Optional items such as a couple screenshots and an intro paragraph>
  • Fixes/features:
    • <A list of things fixed, separate bullet points, can be truncated to say something like "etc." to keep it short>
    • <Continuing the list are any features, but are typically only useful for other fixers>

• Known issues:
    • <A list of known issues but not truncated>

• Installation steps:
    • <Download link containing the extra information (docx for formatting, txt if short, or d3dx.ini if shortened considerably first)>
    • <Intermediate steps here, avoiding creating entire sections to mention things like optional hotkeys>
    • <Or a separate link to the extra information, which allows for html formatting, hosted somewhere else probably>

• Credits <are mentioned nowhere but here>:
    • Person 1: helped me do "this" and "that"  <donation link 1>
    • Person 2: I reused their work to do "this" <donation link 2>
---

Generally make it easy to see everything without much scrolling by using small font sizes, smaller spacing between lines, consistent formatting
between sections, and offloading extra information to somewhere else. Extra information means hotkeys, optional lengthy steps, change logs, etc.
Here's an illustration of what I mean, where I did some brief, incomplete reformatting:

Last edited by schwing on Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I don't agree with that at all, I think it's just fine. What problem is there to access the main information? it's clearly separated is numbered categories that are we'll explained, it's far from convoluted.

Some things are repeated like donation and thank messages, but that's perfectly understandable since well, that doesn't change in every fix at all, but he's done a ton of work and I find it OK for him to ask for donations, and to acknowledge other people's work.

In my case, I prefer extensive information over shorter descriptions, just in case something doesn't work well there's a lot of detail about what works, what doesn't, shortcuts, etc.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

skyrimer wrote:I don't agree with that at all, I think it's just fine. What problem is there to access the main information? it's clearly separated is numbered categories that are we'll explained, it's far from convoluted.

Some things are repeated like donation and thank messages, but that's perfectly understandable since well, that doesn't change in every fix at all, but he's done a ton of work and I find it OK for him to ask for donations, and to acknowledge other people's work.

In my case, I prefer extensive information over shorter descriptions, just in case something doesn't work well there's a lot of detail about what works, what doesn't, shortcuts, etc.
Agreed.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

schwing wrote:This is from not having a standard format for blog posts for everyone to follow. Here's a format suggestion:
  • <Blog post title:
      - The game title and nothing else. The blog's game list uses some sort of format/logic for organizing its items.
      - Please don't create duplicate posts for a game. Just bump the existing one.>

<Optional items such as a couple screenshots and an intro paragraph>
  • Fixes/features:
    • <A list of things fixed, separate bullet points, can be truncated to say something like "etc." to keep it short>
    • <Continuing the list are any features, but are typically only useful for other fixers>

• Known issues:
    • <A list of known issues but not truncated>

• Installation steps:
    • <Download link containing the extra information (docx for formatting, txt if short, or d3dx.ini if shortened considerably first)>
    • <Intermediate steps here, avoiding creating entire sections to mention things like optional hotkeys>
    • <Or a separate link to the extra information, which allows for html formatting, hosted somewhere else probably>

• Credits <are mentioned nowhere but here>:
    • Person 1: helped me do "this" and "that"  <donation link 1>
    • Person 2: I reused their work to do "this" <donation link 2>
    Generally make it easy to see everything without much scrolling by using small font sizes, smaller spacing between lines, consistent formatting
between sections, and offloading extra information to somewhere else. Extra information means hotkeys, optional lengthy steps, change logs, etc.
Here's an illustration of what I mean, where I did some brief, incomplete reformatting:
yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. There should be a layout for the content uploaded to helixmod.blog
skyrimer wrote:I don't agree with that at all, I think it's just fine. What problem is there to access the main information? it's clearly separated is numbered categories that are we'll explained, it's far from convoluted.
Check out how masterotaku, DHR, DJ-RK, DarkStarSword share 3dfixes. what Losti wrote on the site is like a spam message. it repeats itself constantly and takes up a lot of space. It is hard to find what you are looking for on the site.

If the purpose is to give more information, links to the pages of the forum should be given.thus the user can observe the whole process and developments in more detail.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

@TimFx7: I very much agree, and have wanted to say the exact same thing for a long time, but chose not to because it seems everyone is ready to jump to the defense of certain shaderhackers that exhibit poor/selfish behaviour, as has already been demonstrated here, out of fear that they will stop making fixes. That and I've mostly decided to just ignore Losti's existence because it's better for my personal sanity.

But since it's being mentioned (and contested) I'll gladly chime in now. This is very typical Losti behaviour, which seems centered around drawing as much attention and focus to himself as is humanly possible. Despite what others have argued this IS a hindrance, there have been times in the past where I tried going through the blog news feed trying to look up newer fixes (eg. for games on certain engines I'm working on), and just 2 of Losti's fix posts would take up an entire page causing me to have to scroll endlessly through useless info and clicking on "older" more frequently than necessary, whereas normal posts would allow like 5-10 per page. It's a minor nuisance in the grand scheme of things, but enough to drive me up the wall and I'm glad someone else has brought it to light. No one needs every single constant used in the d3dx.ini file the blog post, and he doesn't need to provide instructions on how to create keybindings (that's more general information that either should be known by now, and is documented elsewhere), let alone having more neon green and red than a Razer keyboard and everything made into MAJOR HEADINGS. Even when you look at the game list, he's the only person that puts his name beside the name of each fix, again, trying to get more attention for himself than anyone else. Never mind about how he begs *cough* I mean kindly asks for donations every single time he makes a post here (like the time he demanded for donations for Code Vein when a perfectly good fix already existed, lol). Don't get me wrong, donations are very much appreciated for the hard work we do (but should never be expected) and I mean, putting up your donation link on the blog page is fine, or in the Nvidia green text is ok but slightly pushing it, but literally every other post on here like he does is just too far. Even this whole expanded universal fix is all just a ploy for him to start taking credit (and begging for donations) for the most widely used engine, even though the framework was all laid by other people (which is true for 90% of his work). Don't be fooled thinking he's doing it for the good of the community, LOL, it's all for his own ego and benefit (which is smart, I'll give him that much, but I see right through the facade).

There gets to be a point where self-serving attitudes starts becoming detrimental to the community, and I feel that point has already long since been passed, but again, we have so many people willing to kiss ass to keep people pumping out the fixes they rely on that nobody bats an eye around here when they act like _____. Except for me and you, apparently, so thanks for at least letting me know I'm not alone in that.

Well, that was a bit of an outburst, but had a lot of that building up for a while. Time to get my flame shield on before the white knights arrive.
Last edited by DJ-RK on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

For what it's worth, my take on this is simpler than everything previously said.

ShaderHacker time is extremely valuable to us, and as a general rule I defer to whatever saves them time. It's selfish in the sense that I like to see more game fixes more than anything, and the rest is all a matter of preference.

I also do not prefer Losti's style for posting, but really, does it matter? I'd personally like to see screenshots for every fix. But, if it saves him time, that's fine in my book.

We had a standard format a long time ago, and the ShaderHackers at the time didn't follow it either. Unless someone wants to be an editor for the posts, we can expect a lot of variance.

I've tried to get every ShaderHacker to put comments into their shader files, even simple stuff like what effect it is fixing, and that's not generally followed either. It's how it is. ShaderHacking is a really demanding task, and people are cutting corners to save themselves time. I think we need to be OK with that.

BTW for any ShaderHackers- you can always duplicate a different page and edit it. So any format you like can be copied.

For people who really don't want to read the posts- use 3DFM or HelixVision. Bam, done. (Well, at least 90% of the time)
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I'm guilty of not including screenshots, just cause I find it a bit too much work when you really need to fire the game up to see how it looks anyway. But yeah my main thing with Losti, is he does seem to include alot of info and it's not the easiest thing to read due to formatting and that english does not appear to be his first language. I also appreciate simpler fixes where the "developer" has made it easy to configure and adjust if needed because If I have learn't one thing 3D is a very personal experience and very rarely do I find a shader hackers settings to be playable..

If I had a suggestion it would be to instead include a readme in the fix instead of everything right up on the blog.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

What I find extremely sad is that since Losti post the final release info in the outer worlds thread, I think that... two people? have thanked him in that post. He's been dozens of hours working on this, barely no one says anything when he finally releases it, and almost no one says anything about his great work with the improved universal fix, yet here we are, discussing Losti redacting skills, it's almost disgusting.

It's not like Helixmod is the damn Wikipedia, this month we had FOUR fixes, are we really losing our minds trying to search for info there? Now we're throwing crap to the guy that has released a huge amount of fixes lately and it's by far the most active shaderhacker right now together with DJ RK and masterotaku. I just don't get it.

I'm sorry but we have lost too many shaderhackers for entitled people and other non sense like Helifax, DHR, etc. He could post it with pink letters and unicorns and I couldn't care less, he's done an amazing amount of work, being extremely helpful on every question, and giving all his hard work for free, he's the right to post whatever he wants however he wants, that's my take, if it takes you 5 precious minutes of your time to find the info you're looking for in the post, so be it.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Atuin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Atuin »

skyrimer wrote: I'm sorry but we have lost too many shaderhackers for entitled people and other non sense like Helifax, DHR, etc. He could post it with pink letters and unicorns and I couldn't care less, he's done an amazing amount of work, being extremely helpful on every question, and giving all his hard work for free, he's the right to post whatever he wants however he wants, that's my take, if it takes you 5 precious minutes of your time to find the info you're looking for in the post, so be it.
That was my first thought exactly.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

I see it did not take long for drama to find us, even on these forums. Human nature I guess.

So you guys would find fault with Losti's writting style ...
I would probably understand, or at least better reason it to myself, if you guys would call him up on putting out bad fixes, for not fully mastering a specific technique, or a reproachable behaviour (like, say, Helix dumping his Bioshock infinite fix for free when Chiri was trying to monetize it, which drove him to leave the community and then Helix leaving as well).

But to bicker and moan about the way he structures his text. That's so mean and small. And totally beneath what this community strives to foster, day in day out. Anyone taking this stance should really be ashamed of themselves, for lack of maturity, awareness, open mind, simply common inteligence.

The guy is a non native English speaker.
He either never has to structure written text to present projects, generally in his worklife, or even if he does, he probably uses the same style.
He's doing shaderhacking for free, and he has to use Helixblog, a portal which does not funnel himself into any style at all, so he lets his personality go free, as we all should.

Everyone of us is different, we have different personalities and preferences. When I document testing projects at work I use Excel and a structured format I designed myself: black, white , grey headers, condensed tables not to have to scroll, etc. I list scripts in a grid, and document script validation with screenshots, etc. I have coleagues who use huge tables and a lot of colors, which is jarring to me, but helps them work better. If management does not enforce a specific template, we do what comes naturally.

Not to even mention that most of the people who usually create these denigrating posts have never fixed a game in their live, never given back to the community.

So Losti is guilty:
- of using a personal style which best helps him order his ideas and keep track of learning techniques
- while probably being uncomfortable with English, yet using it as lingua franca, as all the other fixers, to be part of the community
- of still having enthusiasm about working on fixing games. Real life, responsibilities, family commitments will soon prevent him from being active in the community anyway. But hey, why not speed up this process, by showing him a little sooner what people life is made of.

If Bo3b would go to a model where he hires fixers to make fixes to help HelixVision grow, especially if they can appear as separate Steam entities, I'm sure he would impose a format (Steam would anyway). Or if Losti would fix games for a real company who sells the fixes to clients for money, you bet they would impose a format, and curate the documentation.
Heck, Bo3b or any such company would probably arrange for Losti to take classes on Presentation, Business English, etc.

Do you really think, with time being in such short supply for anyone or Earth, that we would benefit more from Losti taking Business English and Presentation courses, or rather from him just fixing games for a while longer, before life, and people like you, totally put him off shaderhacking (or merely sharing)?

If people like Losti, DSS, Helix etc were just like anybody else, with the same mindframe, the same way of structuring written text, the same way of seeing life around them, patterns in shaderhacking, etc ... I don't think we would have had such a community so far.

Cherish diversity, folks! (but also think before you speak/post. It will really serve you well in you own personal life).
Last edited by Zappologist on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

@Zappologist
I share everything you wrote,
it makes no sense to criticize Losti for the style he uses to present his works
just do not read and download only the file

Condivido tutto quello che hai scritto,
non ha senso criticare Losti per lo stile che usa per presentare i suoi lavori
basta non leggere e scaricare solo il file
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

DJ-RK wrote: Despite what others have argued this IS a hindrance, there have been times in the past where I tried going through the blog news feed trying to look up newer fixes (eg. for games on certain engines I'm working on), and just 2 of Losti's fix posts would take up an entire page causing me to have to scroll endlessly through useless info and clicking on "older" more frequently than necessary, whereas normal posts would allow like 5-10 per page. It's a minor nuisance in the grand scheme of things, but enough to drive me up the wall and I'm glad someone else has brought it to light. No one needs every single constant used in the d3dx.ini file the blog post, and he doesn't need to provide instructions on how to create keybindings (that's more general information that either should be known by now, and is documented elsewhere), let alone having more neon green and red than a Razer keyboard and everything made into MAJOR HEADINGS. Even when you look at the game list, he's the only person that puts his name beside the name of each fix, again, trying to get more attention for himself than anyone else.
I understand you, very well. No one who does not spend time on helixmod.blog can not comprehend and complain about this situation. people usually spend a few seconds on the site just to download. so they don't care about this situation. When I tried to look at examples from old projects like you, I experienced this problem when I tried to learn something new. a programmer should not make the work of other friends so difficult. Losti my friend, if you wants to, I can help you edit texts of all the games on the site. My friends, If you are not trying to develop something, you are just consuming, you can not understand the difficulty experienced here.

Please stop producing excuses folks ...how difficult it can be to prepare a text like your other friends. I developed a free star wars game for 10 years. I met hundreds of people from tens of countries.There are two types of people all over the world. Gentle constructive people who care about others and, regardless, have tolerance and contribute to humanity. (I think DarkStarSword is one of them)
the other is people who don't care about others but spend time with others just for personal satisfaction. In this life, this second type is very easy to be human.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

In the end. I do not care about this, and I am thankful profusely to anyone who is still providing this great service regardless of their "style" or drives. It's whatever really. It's clear there are some personality clashes here now, but that's life... (I do admit to just going directly to the games list now.)
If I have one request of any Shaderhacker at this point I implore only, this....

1. Focus on fixing the game's shaders everything else is subjective to the user and often superfluous. You spend enough of your time already! Keep auto convergence/dynamic separation in the hands of the player.
2. Keep extra features above stereo world space correction optional and preferably on a toggle. Document clearly.

We all have variance in setup's, monitor sizes and distance sat, and most importantly different sized distances between eye sockets.... ;)
Keep it simple and user-friendly in general... please.
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Why do anyone wan't every thing so uniform, why care about writing styles, TBH I don't see any problems about that!

If Losti or anyone else has a specific way of writing things.. so what, I couldn't care less, after all we are NOT living in China !

We have our fredom to do what we want, and if we don't like things offered to us freely, then just walk away, and don't complain about it !

I love diversity, and this is below our dignity IMO
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

@DJ:
Perhaps you want to open a separate post for again writing that you dont like me, my work and how i act. If that makes you feel fun and makes you feel better, I do not care. Do whatever you want, love or hate as you want, be who you are, I do not care.

Even if I expressly ask for donations, even though I specifically try to get more attention through my posts, even though I show that I am pleased to have achieved something and also like to openly share and express, then these are still everything Things that belong to my personality. Whether you like it good or bad, whether you like it or not, that is everyone's own decision and opinion.

What we do and what we do not do is all voluntary. Whether or not somebody donates to work in the end, no matter how good or bad, is also voluntary. If someone decides that something is great and deserves recognition, then that's his own choice.

There are talented people who can do something in a few hours, others may need days or months. But both have achieved something in the end. Since I need much longer than others for some, I'm all the more happy about having made it in the end. If I immortalise my name in the title, this is roughly comparable to the signature of an artist in his picture.
This is roughly comparable to a person who had a serious accident and then, for example, can no longer walk. A normal person returns 10 meters in a few seconds. The one who can no longer walk through the accident reaches the goal, for example, only through hard training and rehabilitation measures. THIS man, however, will be so proud and appreciate the first 10 meters he could go again and appreciate that.

When I achieve something, I'm proud of it, and I show it. Whether someone finds good or bad is not my problem and I do not care. I also do not like everything, but still let people be people and what they are and how they are. I do not have to like everything others do or how others are, but everyone has their own personality and behavior. Whether you like it or not, you can not change that.

Let me address the example with the script for the auto-install of the 3D vision driver I wrote. After I published the manual method, many were overwhelmed with it. I had no obligation to publish or improve and could have just said who is not able or who it is too costly to work off 10 or 20 steps gradually, which has just had bad luck. However, I have decided to automate the whole thing a bit. Same applies for the MetroExodus Script. A 10 step manual would have done it, even if you have to do some things over and over again before the game starts. Who would not have come with it, would have been just bad luck. But I still do things that I do not have to do and that I do not just for myself. In the end, I'm happy when something works and people are happy. That in turn makes me happy and so both have something of it.

Even at the risk that I repeat myself, we all do this voluntarily and no one has to pay for it, because that too is voluntary. Who does not like something as it is always has the choice. If I use it or not, it is worth making a donation or just a thank you letter or nothing. That is all at the discretion of the person.

Who buys a game and plays in 2D and it comes to problems, complains to the manufacturer because he has paid for some money, which is not, that is his right. This applies to devices or other things that have a warranty from the manufacturer. If these things do not work or break, the manufacturer is obliged to correct the problem within the warranty period or to replace the item.

If I use something for free and there are no guarantees, then I can not complain. If there is no contract, I have no claims that I can assert. There is no rule what may be published on 3D corrals. There is also no guarantee that something works 100% and at everyone. There is also no rule for creating posts, their content, or their presentation. It is up to each one to decide how he does things, what he publishes and in which form. For example: If somebody thinks a game is 100% 3D vision ready and it turns out that it is not like that, then the one who said that just said crap or in his eyes it was actually 100% okay. That depends. The fact is that if I do not like something and not to my satisfaction, then in the end I always have the choice in which form I deal with it. Whether I use it or not, and in what form I appreciate the work or just ignore it. Now suppose one thinks of the presentation and announcements to get the non plus ultra and paid for a free-for-ill deceit and then it turns out that does not satisfy him or announced things are not right. Then he bought the cat in a poke. But since you can download and try 3D patches and only then make a decision in which form to thank them, such a scenario is not a problem.

So after all this, back to the main Thing:
You have your information texts written in colorful capital letters. Many of them are repetitive, unnecessary information. Makes it difficult to access the main content. Please stop writing like this ... Please, as other friends in the community share, you should write more tidy and only necessary information. Each time you sharing the same redundant text, you're writing again. you use helixmod.blog like a scrapbook.
It is never wrong to make any suggestions for improvement or to point out things that can be improved. After all, one thinks of his own work that it is good. But I do not find it appropriate at this point, in view of the above facts, to make demands like " Please stop writing like this ... ". Maybe it's because of the Translation as you wrote, so i just ignore this and i tell you got the message here.

Some last words about this one:
DJ_RK wrote: Even this whole expanded universal fix is all just a ploy for him to start taking credit (and begging for donations) for the most widely used engine, even though the framework was all laid by other people (which is true for 90% of his work)
Between Helifax and DHR there was exactly the same point of conflict. DHR has packed in the eyes of Helifax the work of others in a universal FIX and issued it as its universalfix. BUT: DHR not only wrote the RegEx scripts, but gradually extended and improved the fix and always adapted it to the current games when it had new stuff that needed a fix. Unfortunately DHR left us. Bo3b spoked to him about the Intention behind:
bo3bber wrote:For DHR, he stepped back because he was burnt out. And also frustrated with the lack of gratitude and response that he got for fixes. It wasn't contributions or conflicts, it was just lack of appreciation.
Since DHR does not continue the fix and I have found in my recent corrections for "Remnant From the Ashes" and "The sinking City" and "Draugen" that some things were always broken in spite of the DHR Universal Fixed and the corrections which I then repeated, I decided to bring all new things together to expand the DHR UNIVERSAL fix, so that the games in the future again significantly less work in terms of repairing remaining errors, and thus not every game must be repaired. If this is in your eyes "just a ploy for him to start taking credit (and begging for donations)" than continue thinking this.

Since you have not seen the new version you can actually judge poorly what made who and how. There will be a list showing the contributions of those involved and who has done what. Aside from the fixes I've added myself, creating a universal regular expression is a lot of testing and customization, so not only does one game benefit from it, and another breaks down. I know this does not interest you and you repair everything from scratch to yourself and new. Of course, adjusted corrections alone because of the unnecessary regular expressions are not included may have speed advantages and a universal fix is certainly not always 100% perfect and to compare with an individual fix but that is not the intention behind it.

In the end, we apply all the corrective measures that we have learned from anyone at some point, some of which we have found out for ourselves, some of them have been developed in collaboration with the help of others. What remains unique is finding the right location in the file to be repaired and applying the correct correction and identifying the correct file to begin. A community is in my eyes, corrected me if I should be wrong, a troop of people who move together something. Depending on the individual's personality, one or the other contributes more or less to it. At the end, then one presents this collaboration. In the 3D repairs that I publish are always listed all contributors and mentioned by each individual work. You can not do more.

Even a 3D fix we have allegedly made completely alone is based on a teamwork. Starting with the tool MIGOTO, continuing the help you once got to understand some things and even the simple correction formula someday somebody developed and we use it often. We look at others' corrections to learn how they were made and work. By sifting through many broken and corrected files, one automatically learns to get an idea of where to take what action. If we are completely unaware we start to look for the place by exclusion principle and apply here and there once again the standard formula. Depending on the result we try other methods or other points for a correction. In the end, however, the contribution of the community always flows in, sometimes more, sometimes less. You can not build a house unless somebody gives you the materials for it. When developing company devices, many parts are not always self-made. A camera-based reader in the lab is only good if a good camera is installed, which in turn has made someone else. But there would be no reader if there was no one who assembles the parts and builds something around the camera, so that you will become a reader out of it at the end.

@ DJ_RK ... A last view words here:

If i count all the fixes i have provided (41) and skip all the Cry-Engine, Unreal-Engine and UNITY games because, lets assume, in your eyes those fixes are 100 % the work of others (whats still and definitively wrong), THAN there are 12 of it that are not beeing done having a universal fix as base:

The way I learned it at School, that makes 29 % not universal fix based fixes!!! So please stop spreading arround those: 90 % of my work is the work of the ohers bullshit !!!
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

@Losti: In case you aren't aware, this post was made prior to all the stuff in the UE4 thread, and now seems irrelevant to be arguing the issues presented here after us duking it out for 12 rounds in the other thread. You also seem to be confusing and merging things said by others with what I've said... but that's ok. Anyways, it's already been voiced by the community that they are sick of this bickering, so I've already laid things to rest. I know you're just defending against this tirade of allegations here, and from what I can tell have been very civil and not made any personal attacks (I literally just woke up, so forgive me for not having the focus to read and understand everything you've written. Maybe after my first coffee I'll come back to it), but it's not necessary. Most of the community still loves you, and I dont hate you, your personality is just the anti-thesis of my own which naturally rubs me the wrong way. But you are who you are, and I am who I am, and that's obviously not going to change, so let's just coexist peacefully from here on out.
Losti

Post by Losti »

DJ_RK wrote:But you are who you are, and I am who I am, and that's obviously not going to change, so let's just coexist peacefully from here on out.
TANK YOU !!!

I mean that, thank you! I feel the same way!!!

TANK YOU !!!
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

And look, regardless of what I've said, whether any of it is true or not, I'm sorry (to you, and the community) for making such an unexpected attack. That immediately put me in the wrong. You were just trying to help. Deep down inside I know this, but I let my feelings about you and our past, and my insecurities color it differently. So, thanks for trying to help and your contributions to the community, and again, I'm sorry for being such an angry jerk, and as disrespectful as I was.
Losti

Post by Losti »

DJ-RK wrote:And look, regardless of what I've said, whether any of it is true or not, I'm sorry (to you, and the community) for making such an unexpected attack. That immediately put me in the wrong. You were just trying to help. Deep down inside I know this, but I let my feelings about you and our past, and my insecurities color it differently. So, thanks for trying to help and your contributions to the community, and again, I'm sorry for being such an angry jerk, and as disrespectful as I was.
Thank you for that, i really appreciate this here. I could not sleep the last 2 nights, that should not be regarding "a hobby", but it's important to me. Thank you for your words !!! For real!!!
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

+1000 Thanks for that DJ-RK :)
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

A virtual handshake, just what I hoped for, thanks guys :)

There is, and should be room for anyone in here...
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Thanks for that DJ-RK
Thanks Losti for your work
Losti

Post by Losti »

john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

Blacksmith60 wrote:Why do anyone wan't every thing so uniform, why care about writing styles, TBH I don't see any problems about that!

If Losti or anyone else has a specific way of writing things.. so what, I couldn't care less, after all we are NOT living in China !

We have our fredom to do what we want, and if we don't like things offered to us freely, then just walk away, and don't complain about it !

I love diversity, and this is below our dignity IMO
Agreed. I want to thank Losti and other shaderhakers for all their hard work, no matter what their writing style is!

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is how the same person can say
TimFx7 wrote:I used google translate. it can't translate my language well enough.
and then
TimFx7 wrote:Losti my friend, if you wants to, I can help you edit texts of all the games on the site.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

john105 wrote:
The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is how the same person can say
TimFx7 wrote:I used google translate. it can't translate my language well enough.
and then
TimFx7 wrote:Losti my friend, if you wants to, I can help you edit texts of all the games on the site.
You do not need to know English very well to remove and edit some texts that are obviously unnecessary.
changing the font look and colors, giving a certain layout to the text is not that difficult. ;)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Sbitre wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:11 am Very useful thread!
Very useful comment!
Losti

Post by Losti »

Sbitre wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:23 pm
Losti wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:39 am
Sbitre wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:11 am Very useful thread!
Very useful comment!
Very funny :c
I found useful information, so I decided to tell you about it, and you are here with your jokes;)
I'm just a little surprised what exactly the useful thing about this post can be, so since you didn't specify that any further, I posted a rather sloppy reaction. What exactly is so useful about this post?

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”