Losti's Metro: Exodus

whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Losti's Metro: Exodus

Post by whyme466 »

Finally started playing Losti's V2.10 fix for Metro: Exodus - it is superb! With 4K E6 OLED display (Ultra graphics settings), the visuals are outstanding, like Anthem and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. However, this incredible immersion has a significant performance cost - the 4K processing requires 4X 1080p display (Surround setups are only 3X 1080p display), while the passive interleaved format eliminates one half of this processed data (unfortunately, wasted GPU/CPU processing). Even with recently upgraded PC (19-9900X@4.5 GHz, 32 GB, 2080Ti, all high-speed SSDs), I am getting about 28 fps in typical exterior scene - quite acceptable to me, though.

As a side note, it looks like it may take several more years, but future VR HMDs could approach/surpass an E6 display for immersive gaming in HelixVision - but the next gen will require eye tracking/foveal processing (even with 2080Ti equivalent), wider FOV than Index (without Pimax edge distortion), and higher resolution OLED display (I prefer OLED color/black range to less-expensive LCD range) - potentially using varifocal design.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Losti's Metro: Exodus

Post by Losti »

You can delethe this from the ini file to get performance back:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;DELETE THIS SECTION IN CACE OF PERFORMANCE ISSUES BUT LIVE WITH FLIMMER TEXTURES!!!!

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_2560]
Hash = 61878c8f
deny_cpu_read=1
expand_region_copy=1

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_2103]
Hash = 71110ae3
deny_cpu_read=1

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_1920]
Hash = 14e1f802
deny_cpu_read=1

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_2351]
Hash = 78c1c5f5
deny_cpu_read=1

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_2715]
Hash = a99fc8cf
deny_cpu_read=1

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_2880]
Hash = 3208a8ff
deny_cpu_read=1

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_3325]
Hash = ecd96a51
deny_cpu_read=1

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_3840]
Hash = 3005987e
deny_cpu_read=1

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_5120]
Hash = 0709644f
deny_cpu_read=1

[TextureOverride_FlimmerClippingCulling_DIY]
Hash = FFFFFFFF
deny_cpu_read=1

;DELETE THIS SECTION IN CACE OF PERFORMANCE ISSUES BUT LIVE WITH FLIMMER TEXTURES!!!!
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

whyme466 wrote:Finally started playing Losti's V2.10 fix for Metro: Exodus - it is superb! With 4K E6 OLED display (Ultra graphics settings), the visuals are outstanding, like Anthem and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. However, this incredible immersion has a significant performance cost - the 4K processing requires 4X 1080p display (Surround setups are only 3X 1080p display), while the passive interleaved format eliminates one half of this processed data (unfortunately, wasted GPU/CPU processing). Even with recently upgraded PC (19-9900X@4.5 GHz, 32 GB, 2080Ti, all high-speed SSDs), I am getting about 28 fps in typical exterior scene - quite acceptable to me, though.

As a side note, it looks like it may take several more years, but future VR HMDs could approach/surpass an E6 display for immersive gaming in HelixVision - but the next gen will require eye tracking/foveal processing (even with 2080Ti equivalent), wider FOV than Index (without Pimax edge distortion), and higher resolution OLED display (I prefer OLED color/black range to less-expensive LCD range) - potentially using varifocal design.
Yeah you might be asking too much to run such a graphically intensive game in 4K 3-D. I have similar set up, and played the entire game in 1440 with no issues. You can set 1440 in game and it runs perfect even with the EDID override (does not have to be native resolution like most games). The only problem was I could not get HDR to work with 3-D no matter what resolution I tried, but still looked awesome.

Great fix by Losti and game is incredibly immersive the way the devs designed it… Fits perfectly with 3-D and what we love! Will definitely be picking up the single player DLC at some point...
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Has anyone played the DLC with this 3D fix yet? The game/DLC/season pass are currently on sale on epic spring sale, and are highly rated...just wondering if they work well with 3D or not. I loved the base game, I will try updating exodus to current version when I get home and make sure its still working...then maybe try these DLC out..
Losti

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:18 am Has anyone played the DLC with this 3D fix yet? The game/DLC/season pass are currently on sale on epic spring sale, and are highly rated...just wondering if they work well with 3D or not. I loved the base game, I will try updating exodus to current version when I get home and make sure its still working...then maybe try these DLC out..
Metro completely fixed using RegEx so it should work. But please try it and let me know. I dont have bourgth the DLC because i havnt played the main game yet so i think i cant access it. If you try it and there is anything wrong just let me know and send ma a save game that let me enter DLC regions. Than i can take care.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Yes Shift-E , let us know if DLC work fine!
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

So I bought the 2 Dlc's on steam and reinstalled the game to play the DLCs, but whenever I change a video option and apply (return), the games crashs always... So I can't change the resolution which is locked to 1280x720... Changing resolution in user cfg (in user/saved games etc...) doesn't work, it's still locked to 1280x720.
With our without the Losti's fix
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Chtiblue wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:42 pm So I bought the 2 Dlc's on steam and reinstalled the game to play the DLCs, but whenever I change a video option and apply (return), the games crashs always... So I can't change the resolution which is locked to 1280x720... Changing resolution in user cfg (in user/saved games etc...) doesn't work, it's still locked to 1280x720.
With our without the Losti's fix
ok this game can be frustrating to set up the first time, I had same problem with EGS version. any time I want to change resolution or HDR I have to turn off 3D in NCP and disable 3DM dll in folder. Then do not change settings from main menu, it will freeze and crash for me every time. I have to load the campaign, then I can change settings once I pause game/options. Get everything set, and then exit game completely and activate 3D. Also, do not answer "yes" to start in safe mode after a crash - this sets your resolution to 720p and lowers all your graphics settings.

As for the DLC, I have played most of the first one and its working well with the fix. Thank the 3D Gods for Regex, and thanks to Losti for the great fix!!!!
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Thanks bro, very good tip, I can change the resolution! I had the same problem with all the Metro ep!

It works perfect now with the Edid-4k fix!
I'm playing now the Colonel DLC with flamethrower with Atmos sound and my neighborhood are making Barbecue, all I can say is I'm really in the game aka 3Dvision + 3D sound +smell of Barbecue (=flamethrower), much better than cinema 4D 8)
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

I agree, this game in 3D is one of the most immersive experiences I've had (and yes I've tried VR). I did not have the bonus of smell-a-vision like you though :lol:

Glad to support a Developer that still makes a deep single player first person shooter, AND release single player story driven DLC. Very rare these days, with everyone chasing multiplayer, looter shooters, and microtransactions for that almighty $$$.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Shift-E wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:50 pm Glad to support a Developer that still makes a deep single player first person shooter, AND release single player story driven DLC. Very rare these days, with everyone chasing multiplayer, looter shooters, and microtransactions for that almighty $$$.
Agreed +1
Shift-E wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:50 pm I did not have the bonus of smell-a-vision like you though :lol:
:lol:
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Big thanks Losti for this incredible 3D fix, it's a great pleasure to going back in this awesome franchise :woot :geek:
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Hi fellas,

I have huge performance problem with the Last DLC Sam's Story.

Problem is only with 3Dvision whatever settings I used (Ultra , high or medium) my FPS go down between 15 to 20 fps instead 40, 50, 60 fps with 1st DLC or original story.

In 2D I'm above 60fps in Ultra and 58 in Extreme...

No problem at all in 3Dvision with the original story and 1st DLC "2 colonels"...

Anyone else could confirm that?
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Chtiblue wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:31 am Hi fellas,

I have huge performance problem with the Last DLC Sam's Story.

Problem is only with 3Dvision whatever settings I used (Ultra , high or medium) my FPS go down between 15 to 20 fps instead 40, 50, 60 fps with 1st DLC or original story.

In 2D I'm above 60fps in Ultra and 58 in Extreme...

No problem at all in 3Dvision with the original story and 1st DLC "2 colonels"...

Anyone else could confirm that?
I don't think its the 3D fix, the general consensus is this open area DLC did not get optimized before release. Even in 2D people struggle to run it. I have a 2080ti and played the majority of Sam's Story in the 20's after realizing no lowering of the settings was helping the FPS. Like you said, the base game and first DLC ran fine for me too.

Are you always above 60 in 2D? I could look one way and have 60 FPS, but then turn in a different direction and plummet to 24 FPS. Its rough, theres also noticeable texture loading etc.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Shift-E wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:09 am

I don't think its the 3D fix, the general consensus is this open area DLC did not get optimized before release. Even in 2D people struggle to run it. I have a 2080ti and played the majority of Sam's Story in the 20's after realizing no lowering of the settings was helping the FPS. Like you said, the base game and first DLC ran fine for me too.

Are you always above 60 in 2D? I could look one way and have 60 FPS, but then turn in a different direction and plummet to 24 FPS. Its rough, theres also noticeable texture loading etc.
In 3D, I have those low Fps even in indoors environnement.

Yeah no problem indoor and outdoor in 2D, above 60fps in ultra, in 3D framerate is divided by almost 4!

Perhaps we should wait for a patch from devs but dlc is still out the 20 Feb 2020 and no patch yet...
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I've got someone who has tested Exodus in HelixVision and has it working.

However, he says that some of the 3D seems broken, and has provided a screenshot out of VR. You can see that the reflection in the lake is slightly off for each eye. I think he did all the steps right, and is using 1080p, and 60 FOV.

Can someone who has the game take a quick look and see if a game update might have broken some effects? IIRC there was a new DLC recently. Thanks.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1127310/ ... 2939760171
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti

Post by Losti »

I have all dlcs. If he hab provide a savegame i can have a look.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Losti wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:06 pm I have all dlcs. If he hab provide a savegame i can have a look.
I provided you a savegame few days ago (19 Mai) for the same problem, did you get it?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Oh can you resend it?i missed it
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Ok I just send it again at rauti@inetmx.de
Losti

Post by Losti »

Chtiblue wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:57 pm Ok I just send it again at rauti@inetmx.de
THANK you for the savegame!

An Update is @ the blog.

The Fix should now work for the DLC as well for the game without. Withing some updates Volumetric/Dynamic Lights/Fog fix was off. As well as Water reflection fix. I have added RegEx and adapt the things. I was also able to fix Volumetric/Dynamic Lights/Fog to 100 % perfect NOW!

Latest Update: V3.00 - 29.05.2019
- add RegEx for DLCs to fix Vol.-Lights and water reflection
- Volumetric Lights/Fog now 100 % perfect
- nvidia stereo profile update error fixed
- Vol.-Light and Fog flickering fix
- shader caching enabled for more performance and less input lags

:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot
Last edited by Losti on Fri May 29, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Totally awesome Losti, huge update here!

I'll test and report back,
Cheers 3D wizard 😎
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

I still have the water reflections problem with your fix V3.0, same savegame, Sam's story using your script for 4k Edid mod FOV60
Losti

Post by Losti »

//skipp
Losti

Post by Losti »

//EDIT:

Please redownload the fix, i missed some details for other graphic presets and resolutions, should work now.

Please not as before, the WATER fix is not 100 % for very HIGH convergences and is oof at the side of the screen like in UE4 games, this havnt been changed.

Please report back, should work now
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Losti wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 am //EDIT:

Please redownload the fix, i missed some details for other graphic presets and resolutions, should work now.

Please not as before, the WATER fix is not 100 % for very HIGH convergences and is oof at the side of the screen like in UE4 games, this havnt been changed.

Please report back, should work now
Edit: It's a problem with ultra preset, see pics:

EDIT It looks perfect on High preset
Losti

Post by Losti »

FIXED, thanks for reporting!

Get V3.01 at the blog!
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Losti wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:36 pm FIXED, thanks for reporting!

Get V3.01 at the blog!
Thanks to you for fixing it so quickly!

Great job as always Losti ;)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Sam's sorry still have catastrophic fps vs dlc1 and vs original game 😪 even in 2D

I don't understand what the devs are doing here... It's the same engine, no visual upgrades...
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Just ran this game in HelixVision, and it's working nicely. Using the GoG version, which doesn't work with Losti's .bat file, but HelixVision/3DFM automatically adjust the cfg file to work, so it's all fine. Fix is spectacular, looks awesome on the giant screen. Super immersive. Thank you for this fix!

But.. question: anyone else getting a strange error alert at launch about a missing export of CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface?

This is not in the current 3Dmigoto d3d11 builds. It doesn't seem to make any difference, game runs fine anyway.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Nice to see this fix working:-) its full off uncommom losti hacking bullshit...haha....but working:-).
I dont get this error but its some Time arround the update at the Blog the Time i touched this game.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:36 am Nice to see this fix working:-) its full off uncommom losti hacking bullshit...haha....but working:-).
I dont get this error but its some Time arround the update at the Blog the Time i touched this game.
OK, thanks for the info. This must be some new thing they are doing. Even if I run in 2D using the 1.3.13 that comes with the fix, I get that error message. Something to do with new entry points added by Microsoft. I can fix this I think, but will come back to it later, since it doesn't impact game play.

You are a crazy good hacker, no doubt! And I mean that as a compliment. :ugeek: It's very impressive what you've been able to put together. Your .bat was sufficiently complicated, that I could not figure out how to make it work for GoG version. But It's not a problem, because for HelixVision use we need to have it be a 'no questions' type launch, do everything automatically anyway. And the direct modification of the user.cfg works there.

The fix itself is awesome, some of your best work. In the VR headset, with a black environment all around the giant screen, this is really impressive. I only played just the first part, but when those watchmen dog things were swarming me early on, it got me worked up and unconsciously moving my chair backward to escape.
ReadingSteiner101
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ReadingSteiner101 »

That looks awesome, as soon as I have the hardware I need, I'll make sure to give your project a try, and will bring my feedback here so that you can keep making it better and better (or go on another cool project)
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Why did I think this wasn't fixed? Maybe it was dx12 I was thinking of. 2033 was one of the best and first 3dv experiences. I have to finish Last Light and glad to know I can pick this up next. Thanks!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”